MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mushrif A

Refurbished MH A330-300 or a mistake?

See:http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6138947

The photo stated 9M-MKI, taken in Nov-07. It shows PTV in Y.

Is this correct?

(1) I noticed that the curtains still have the pattern used by Sabena although the seat fabric is MH standard.

(2) In front of the curtains, the seats appear to protude into the aisle, suggesting biz class seats, meaning the foreground shows the first Y cabin.

(3) The only somewhat visible seat number(s) is 29 D,E. On the 332, this is the last middle-seat row of the first Y cabin. On the 333, 29DE is the first row of the 2nd Y cabin, with toilets right infront of them.

(4) Lastly in the era (or "error" if you like) of snackboxes in Y, I doubt MH would spend to upgrade the Y cabin of its A333. In fact, an MH survey revealeded that "93% of our customers stated their preference for day-dreaming or reading newspapers as opposed to watching any videos whilst onboard our 5-star-service-at-LCC-cost flights."

I think this may actually be one of the A330-200s, which means the aircraft type and regn, as per photo, is incorrect.

What do you think?

No refurbishing had been done to any of the A330-300s.

One of the many blunders of MAS management, I would think. It is probably too late now.

Looks like one of the A332. I feel that MAS has always regarded its A330-300s as the bas#ard child of the fleet and gave preference to the B747s and B777s.

See:http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6138947

The photo stated 9M-MKI, taken in Nov-07. It shows PTV in Y.

Is this correct?

(1) I noticed that the curtains still have the pattern used by Sabena although the seat fabric is MH standard.

(2) In front of the curtains, the seats appear to protude into the aisle, suggesting biz class seats, meaning the foreground shows the first Y cabin.

(3) The only somewhat visible seat number(s) is 29 D,E. On the 332, this is the last middle-seat row of the first Y cabin. On the 333, 29DE is the first row of the 2nd Y cabin, with toilets right infront of them.

(4) Lastly in the era (or "error" if you like) of snackboxes in Y, I doubt MH would spend to upgrade the Y cabin of its A333. In fact, an MH survey revealeded that "93% of our customers stated their preference for day-dreaming or reading newspapers as opposed to watching any videos whilst onboard our 5-star-service-at-LCC-cost flights."

I think this may actually be one of the A330-200s, which means the aircraft type and regn, as per photo, is incorrect.

What do you think?

Its A320, i've been on this plane to KMG

I guess it's too late to refurbish the A330s now in view of the fleet is ageing. Why borther to wate such money? MH should concentrate on renewing fleets which incorporates better seats and flexibility. :rolleyes:

MH suppose to replace the biz class on 330 with the brand new one except with dvd player instead of PTV. Dunno what happen to that myth. That photo has false information......

Edited by Seth K

MH suppose to replace the biz class on 330 with the brand new one except with dvd player instead of PTV. Dunno what happen to that myth. That photo has false information......

The portable players are there for biz class only & on the -300 series only. But no new seats. (The -200 series already have in-seat PTVs for all classes)

..... I thought I have travelled back to the early 90s :lol:

Gosh, was everyone appropriately attired and sporting hairdo's of the period as well ?!! :)

The least MH could do is to replace all seat cushions. Find many of the seat cushions deflated and very uncomfortable.

:drinks:

hahahaha... definately not MKI.

but it could be one of the leased -300 series

we've got 2x leased -300s

and 3x leased - 200s

chances are this picture is a leased -200 though.

too little clues

Too little clues? I gave you the clues.

The picture was certainly not taken on -MKS or -MKR - the two leased -300.

Gosh, was everyone appropriately attired and sporting hairdo's of the period as well ?!! :)

Nah, I dont think anyone was expecting to be transported back to early 90's environment when flying with a 5 star airline :lol:

In all fairness, although the A330-300 cabin might look dated, the seat pitch in Y is pretty good (34").

Sign in to follow this