MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Yeung H

Beijing Terminal 3-Pictures

I would like to share with you all the pictures taken from the upcoming,newest terminal 3 in beijing.

Designed by the same architectual firm that design the HKG airport,it will be the beijing largest airport terminal,far more than the size of existing terminal 1 and 2.

Surely,KLIA will face another big competitor not long in the future.

Remarks: The pictures are taken from other webpage,hope u all don mind about that

200712131036548215.jpg

200712131037316390.jpg

200712131038261672.jpg

200712131038555536.jpg

200712131039463698.jpg

200712131034581127.jpg

200712010346403962.jpg

20071018112216527.jpg

20071026010156598.jpg

Not much difference from HKG, hope the real thing is nicer.

IMO, one would be hard pressed to find a superior superlative to describe anything that bears a resemblence to Sir Norman Foster's Chep Lap Kok, much less a "nicer" one ! :)

But seriously, it seems that just about anything being built in China at the moment is of such mind boggling scale, just to accomodate the number of people existing there. I suppose in such circumstance, there need to be a balance between functionality and fancy 'showmanship' so that costs do not spiral out of control

(having said that, bear in mind this coming from one more accustomed to small-town scale of construction, hence easily impressed ! :) )

But seriously, it seems that just about anything being built in China at the moment is of such mind boggling scale, just to accomodate the number of people existing there. I suppose in such circumstance, there need to be a balance between functionality and fancy 'showmanship' so that costs do not spiral out of control

(having said that, bear in mind this coming from one more accustomed to small-town scale of construction, hence easily impressed ! :) )

Yes, China's scale of buillding is rather different from the rest of the world. Another thing is of mammoth size! There is a saying amongst architects with big buildings like this compared to the human scale, these buildings are not as memorable as ones considerably smaller.

Typical of Norman Foster's building is the cold looking concrete and white interior. The interior resembles that of Chek Lap Kok's. I understand that the intention is to emphasize the preferred Chinese colour red, but I don't really like that tone of red that goes with the white interior. Seems a bit out of place.... The signages could have picked up the same red or warmer tones, the blue made it completely out of place. Yikes... Changi Terminal 3 is better designed I reckon.

Edited by S V Choong

Cathay Pacific and Dragonair will move to new terminal at Beijing International Airport

Cathay Pacific and Dragonair will move to the new Terminal 3 at Beijing International Airport on Wednesday, 26 March 2008. All flights between Hong Kong and Beijing from that date and onwards will arrive and depart from Terminal 3.

The check-in counters for both airlines will be located on corridor C.

All Star Alliance and Oneworld members are operate under T3.

Malaysia Airline still operate in the old terminal 2.MAS will lose its competitiveness if it still operate in T2 while SIA,CX or other big players operate in the brand new,technology advanced T3.

Sign in to follow this