MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

FlightMemory Thread

Some updates on my recent FlightMemory's milestone:

1. I finally reached 200,000 miles!

FMNew-1.jpg

The feat was achieved through flight EK 804 JED-DXB on 23 February 2010. Now looking forward to arrive on the moon, soon.

...impressive...which kinda reminds me to update mine..

One more flight and the counter will show 1500 :yahoo:

My most flown airlines:

Top Ten Airlines

# Airline Amount %

1 KLM Royal Dutch Airlines 379 25.2 %

2 KLM Aeroclub 79 5.3 %

3 NLM Cityhopper 59 3.9 %

4 Air Berlin 56 3.7 %

5 KLM cityhopper 49 3.3 %

6 Philippine Airlines 44 2.9 %

7 Malaysia Airlines 38 2.5 %

8 Qatar Airways 38 2.5 %

9 Finnair 37 2.5 %

10 Lufthansa 35 2.3 %

Actually, AB should be 58 as 2 flights were by Tuifly aircraft (and listed as such)...

Clocked 4 new airlines and a new aircraft type on my recent travel

Melbourne to Nadi - Air Pacific - Boeing 767-300ER, rego DQ-FJC

Nadi to Sydney - V Australia - Boeing 777-300ER, rego VH-VPE

Sydney to Canberra - Virgin Blue - Embraer 170, rego VH-ZHA

Canberra to Melbourne - Tiger Airways Australia - Airbus A320-200, rego VH-VNC

:drinks:

S V,

What's your new aircraft-type ? E170 ? :huh:

Yes, Pieter, it is Embraer 170. Good guess!

MAR, it seems EK under utilise the A380 by placing them on such a short route, Dubai to Jeddah! What the....? :pardon:

MAR, it seems EK under utilise the A380 by placing them on such a short route, Dubai to Jeddah! What the....?

It looks like you missed the news a couple of months back. It was quite a big discussion in A.Net too. This service is mainly to counter the strict bilateral agreement between the UAE and Saudi Arabia, where EK is only granted a daily flight into JED. The reason is almost the same as the deployment of the A380 to YYZ.

DXB-JED vv is a busy route, very high load and yield. It's a turnaround service, so it can be used for crew training as well as maximizing the fleet's utilisation in between long haul journeys. Currently at 4 weekly, the A380 into JED will become daily by May 2010.

EK is a commercial entity which is not like MH, so the deployment of the A380s into JED is really based on demand and business-justified reasons.

I accidentally stumbled upon the improved version of the Great Circle Mapper at www.gcmap.com while using it on a different browser. While the functions are still the same, I am very impressed with the map's layout. Here's my route map as an example.

map.gif

The old Great Circle Mapper can still be accessed at http://gc.kls2.com/

The Great Circle Mapper is a wonderful tool to calculate flight distance and to draw route map, amongst other.

This service is mainly to counter the strict bilateral agreement between the UAE and Saudi Arabia, where EK is only granted a daily flight into JED. The reason is almost the same as the deployment of the A380 to YYZ.

DXB-JED vv is a busy route, very high load and yield. It's a turnaround service, so it can be used for crew training as well as maximizing the fleet's utilisation in between long haul journeys. Currently at 4 weekly, the A380 into JED will become daily by May 2010.

Hmm, interesting. Could this be the reason why Emirates have been reducing its A380 services to Heathrow? At the moment there is only one daily flight operated by the A380 (EK001/002), the remaining four are still operated by the B777-300/B777-300ER

Btw, I have finally made my first A380 flight! Flying Emirates on LHR - DXB last month, that's two and a half years after it went into commercial service...

Edited by H C Chai

Great! We haven't had a new recruitment in months LOL. I hope many more MalaysianWings members will enroll with FlightMemory.

As for myself, I added a new long line in my route map, a 7th European airport and also the longest flight with a Boeing 777 aircraft todate.

mapCDG.gif

Hello everyone! I have just joined FlightMemory. Got all my flights from this year and 2009 in now. Need to find all my flight details for 2008 so I can put them in too. I don't know if I can find much of anything prior to that though...

Flights in 2008 now in. I can only find flights back til the end of 2007 so it'll have end there.

I stumbled upon an information that says FlightMemory is charging their members to input flight no. 300 and beyond. Is this true?

I stumbled upon an information that says FlightMemory is charging their members to input flight no. 300 and beyond. Is this true?

I tried to enter another flight today no problem. Where did you hear this?

No problem for me either to add flights 1530/1531 and was not told to pay...

Nothing found on their website either...

It's a false alarm from someone in A.Net. I asked FM directly and here is their answer.

Hello '9MMAR',

Thank you for contacting FlightMemory.com.

We do not charge you for anything unless you yourself opt to go for the PremiumService. So if you do not want to do that, we do not press you into charges.

You can enter as much flights as you want to into the system - anything else would not be fair.

There is a charge for importing flights from excel lists - maybe the people at airliners cofused that. But if you enter your flights yourself, you are free to do so without any charges.

Thank you for supporting FlightMemory!

Yet another new website to record flight details - http://flightdiary.net/

Some features:

- Google Earth map

- Bar chart on carbon emissions per year

- Top 7 Airports and Top 7 Airlines with pie chart each

- Top 7 Route with bar chart

- Graphs for flights per weekday, per month and per year

- Log-in enable from Facebook

Here's a sample for our fellow member, Yusoff - http://flightdiary.net/yuhas

Looks nice, however, I wonder how the map would look like with all my Flightmemory flights displayed on it...

Made a promise with Azizul almost 1 year ago (if he still remember it :rolleyes: ) when i promised him that i will reply this thread if i had reached my 100th flight, so here it is...celebrating my 100th flight last January with my 1st Business class onboard MH 61. :yahoo:

DSC_0502.jpg

:drinks: