MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

FlightMemory Thread

Ehem, I mean between H C Chai, Keith T and I.

Definitely not me! ;)

With recession predicted to be in full swing by 2009 and the £££ losing grounds against most of the major currencies, I guess I will be taking more trips on trains than planes. :D I still have some miles to burn on bmi and Skywards (expiring soon) but will probably use them for trips in 2010.

Edited by H C Chai

Only 9 more flights for me too get 150. :yahoo: I hope it can come soon!

I have yet to update a return trip MEL-SYD-MEL I did back when I was a kid to tour the QF Jet Base. I cant remember the year or the aircraft I flew!:angry:

You should have a FlightMemory account, Seth. Your page must be really cool with Nigeria and such. Plus, no one in MalaysianWings have Emirates as their no. 1 airline in FlightMemory.

I'll sign up during winter break when I am a bit free. Emirates is my no. 1 airline since 3 years ago, before it was AF, BA, CO. Yeah, 30+ countries visited :yahoo: and yet to go to australia lol

Ehem, I mean between H C Chai, Keith T and I. You are in a league of your own Pieter. :)

Not to rain on your parade, but my flightmemory:

craigster81.gif

:p

phew... spent half the day already and I still have some 100 flights to input!

Don't have to do it all in once, bro: I, myself, still adding flights (for > 2 years already) and not yet finished :pardon:

We have 3 new members, welcome to the club Craig, Azman MN and Sharil. To Sharil, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a simple flight. I believe your FlightMemory details will expand in no time.

To Sharil, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a simple flight.

Pretty long flights too IMHO (41 hours/6 flights) :pardon:

I found a link for those who want to complete their flight details. This amazing website compiled flights data for 24 US airlines since January 1995! I just wish we have something like this in Malaysia.

http://www.bts.gov/xml/ontimesummarystatistics/src/index.xml

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

I found a link for those who want to complete their flight details. This amazing website compiled flights data for 24 US airlines since January 1995! I just wish we have something like this in Malaysia.

http://www.bts.gov/xml/ontimesummarystatistics/src/index.xml

Ive been using the BTS website for a few years now. Its absolutly fanstastic.

So much details. All you need including rego's.

I wish each country had its own like this.

looks interesting..do i need my exact flight number...... i believe i've never recorded my flights.....i think around 20trips only.....you guys do travel a lot! :good: might dig into this when i got some extra time :rolleyes:

Just a head up, like all successful projects, copycats followed. 2 new website/tool have emerge, offering (not quite) the same application as FlightMemory. They are:

OpenFlights http://openflights.org/

Flightmap http://flightmap.net/

If any of us here has registered with any of this 2 websites, perhaps you could share the interface? On first glance, the maps on Flightmap especialy is very attractive (they are using Google Earth map) when compared to FlightMemory. OpenFlights have banners of its users, like FM. Both website have some statistics that FM doesn't offer too.

Anyway, there is a new application from FM. Users can now track flights live. The progress of the flight, time to arrival and such will be available to viewers, along with the standard info like airlines, routes and aircraft types.

Some recent news from FlightMemory:

Dear All,

First of all - thank you for supporting http://FlightMemory.com

The content of this Newsletter:

1. FltAdvisor and FlightMemory: A great joint offer only for you!

3. FlightMemory went Twitter

2. The FlightMemory handle

4. PremiumMembership: More for you!

FltAdvisor and FlightMemory - Great software producer combine their offers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

FltAdvisor, the well known and groundbreaking software for making more of

your time as a frequent flier, now offers a joint package for FlightMemory

user: Order one of three different packages with FltAdvisor and get a

package of PremiumMembership on FlightMemory!

FlightMemory went Twitter

-------------------------

For all who missed it: twitter is a fast growing service allowing to

communicate short messages (tweets) via all communication gadgets. It allows

only 140 signs per message – and its claim to user is: “What are you doing”

– It is a great way to easily keep in touch with friends and family, but

also other contacts. Today, you can allow FlightMemory to send tweets on

your behalf – may it be your stats or your individual flights (only

applicable for flights entered before flying).

The FlightMemory handle

-----------------------

Ever wanted to be able to identify your luggage at the conveyor belt, quickly

or avoid the "sorry, that’s my bag" approach? Well – the unique and beautiful

FlightMemory handle lets you do exactly that! And it is also a great way to

identify yourself to other FM user.

Check out this cool response to it!

PremiumMembership: More for you!

--------------------------------

You may have noticed it already – the FlightMemoryShop is growing and growing.

And as it is, we thought of a way to once more say "Thanks" to all those, who

support us since 2007 by using the PremiumMembership of FlightMemory.

Therefore all PremiumMembers now can take advantage on a discount on almost

all products in the FlightMemoryShop (excluded are events and products of

third parties if not stated differently).

Please note: If the USD rate does continue to drop further, we will probably

have to adjust the prices of the PremiumService. We will decide this between

early and mid October!

Thanks again for your continued support and please continue to help spread

the word about FlightMemory!

The team of FlightMemory - Robert and Sam

FlightMemory - The Birthplace of Personalized Flight Statistics

It's getting pretty commercial now IMHO, however, still the best place to store all my flights/destinations... :pardon:

<!--quoteo(post=190836:date=Sep 12 2008, 06:14 AM:name=Juergen Witte)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juergen Witte @ Sep 12 2008, 06:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=190836"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So, here´s my banner ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wooah! 311 flights. Almost double mine!.

But i've almost doubled your distance.

Just shows how interesting this program is, and the differance your location in the world can make.

Well, you see that´s "statitics". It all depends on the perspective ...

I for once care much more for flying in as many different types of aircraft as possible.

So, here´s my "success-story":

unterschiedliche Flughäfen 148 (airports)

unterschiedliche Airlines 107 (airlines)

unterschiedliche Flugzeugtypen 98 (aircraft types)

unterschiedliche Flugzeuge 284 (aircraft/regs)

unterschiedliche Flugrouten 257 (routes)

unterschiedliche Länder 34 (countries)

I think this gives quite a different image compared to just counting the kilometers/miles and the total number of flights ...

I just copied all my flight segments from Flight Memory (FM) to OpenFlights.org (OF). The data transfer isn't as tedious as I thought, but it is not too straightforward either. There is a step by step guide on how to do the transfer on the OF site. It took me less than 30 minutes from signing up to completing all the data transfer (I have 215 segments in FM). However I need to do some tidying up later because OF does not recognise some airports and airlines. This is mostly due to the fact that I entered the incorrect information on FM.

The main reason I am doing this is because OF offers a better and more user friendly map which can be zoomed in and out. It also has some statistics not offered by FM, as mentioned by Azizul previously.

One of the tools I like is that the viewer can filter the route map by airlines and year. For example, I can ask the map to show me the flights I have taken with AirAsia:

OpenFlights.jpg

I am not abandoning FM (I still like them - except the map!) and will be updating my future flights on both sites - should not be a problem since I am not a frequent flyer. :)

Edited by H C Chai

Traitor! (LOL)

Hey Calvin, the map is better, but I thing flightmap.net has the best among the 3 sites. The filter statistic is a bit interesting, choosing 'Top 50' led me to almost your entire record (except for maybe those sectors with only 1 flight only). The banner - what's the number of days for? To show how long one has been a member? Their banner looks better than those of FM. I think FM needs to do some cosmetic changes to its interface and these small details to make it look fresher.

Traitor! (LOL)

The filter statistic is a bit interesting, choosing 'Top 50' led me to almost your entire record (except for maybe those sectors with only 1 flight only). The banner - what's the number of days for? To show how long one has been a member?

I think the number of days on the banner refers to the total time one spent on the plane. smile.gif

Yes the filter statistic is interesting, and it reveals a lot more information than Flight Memory too... maybe a bit too much info for some.

Edited by H C Chai

The good thing about FM is, you can add a registration to your flight/trip...

Flightmap's maps look awesome...

Guess, will stick to FM for the timebeing... :pardon:

So, it took me 241 days to move up from flight no. 199 to flight no. 200 - it's that long.

FMNew.jpg

Now looking forward for my flight no. 300, which if current speed is taking into consideration, I would reach it within 5 years. I have 209 flights at the moment, which is not too shabby when compared to those in the 200+ list (like Keith T and HC Chai).

Some updates on my recent FlightMemory's milestone:

1. I finally reached 200,000 miles!

FMNew-1.jpg

The feat was achieved through flight EK 804 JED-DXB on 23 February 2010. Now looking forward to arrive on the moon, soon.

2. I finally flew on the A380 - twice!

FMNew3.jpg

My much anticipated A380 flight was realised with the great Emirates Airlines. Superb aircraft, wonderful product, very special memory and I think I had the best Economy Class flight ever with them.