MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

FlightMemory Thread

Cornelis,

Why are your AMS-HEL-AMS flights not showing up ? :huh:

They do on my EU map! All my flights within EU only on other map. You'd enjoy my domestic map of NL as only one HV flight out of TFS to AMS with stopover in MST :pardon:

Now change country to Australia and getting a fuller worldmap! Now only missing my flight from SYD to ADL :S So I guess I have to change it to a continent where I haven't been yet. But Canada or USA cuts EU and Asia loose :p

welt428561208721157.png

Edited by Cornelis Boersma

FlightMemory has uploaded a Domestic Map for Thailand, Romania and New Zealand. The statistic page is now available in Thai language too.

Found it a great tool to keep my memory intact :)

Thanks Azizul.

Same here. Thats the reason I started using this as there were too many flights & rego's to remember.

Uncle Pieter, have u reached the moon yet ? :D

Still busy with my scheduled flights...almost there now :pardon:

After that, all my training flights on the Cessna 152/172 have to be uploaded... :blink:

Moon: yes....Sun: not even half way ;)

Wow, Pieter. You have 1277 flights!! Do you have more to add? Must have been good at keeping record all these years!! At what age did you start flying?

I believe the most I have is 150 flights and I am only half way....

Edited by S V Choong

Wow, Pieter. You have 1277 flights!! Do you have more to add? Must have been good at keeping record all these years!! At what age did you start flying?

I believe the most I have is 150 flights and I am only half way....

SV,

Have to add approximately 100 more :blink:

First flight in 1968 @ age 13.....luckily, always kept records of all my flights, whether gliders, general aviation aircraft or airliners :pardon:

When finished, will let you know all my different aircraft types ;)

FlightMemory has uploaded a Domestic Map for Thailand, Romania and New Zealand. The statistic page is now available in Thai language too.

Do they have Chinese language? Can't seemed to find it.

Pieter, let me know when you are done recording!! :p

Justed cracked the 100 flights mark on my flight memory! Whoooooooo.

Am celebrating my 100th flight today...

Yeay!

Congratulation to Karl and Affendi for reaching the 100th flight! It's always a highlight, big achievement. Care to share with us what flight is the lucky no. 100?

Do they have Chinese language? Can't seemed to find it.

SV, maybe you can email the FlightMemory admin team and offer to translate the statistic page into Chinese language?

SV, maybe you can email the FlightMemory admin team and offer to translate the statistic page into Chinese language?

Thanks. Yes, I have done that and I have a 14 days deadline to get it done. :D

I found a link for those who want to complete their records for flights to/from London Heathrow (LHR). The list is not complete, but I hope it'll somehow beneficial. I managed to find out the aircraft registration number for one entry in my record.

http://www.lhr-lgw.co.uk/maingroup/heathrowarchives.htm

Does anyone has such record for KUL? It would be tremendous if there is! I don't mind to pay for the details.

Here is my lucky number 100

Date: 30.05.2008

Departure time: 18:35

Arrival time :19:35

To: KUL Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Distance: 283 mi

Time: 1:00 h

Carrier: Malaysia Airlines

Flight number: MH1459

Airplane: Boeing 737-400

Seat number: 14A/Window

Class: Economy

Tell me what do you guys think of the Bahasa Malaysia version of FlightMemory's statistic page. Feedbacks are most welcome, before it can become a permanent feature. Help me to proofread this.

My page as a sample. http://my.flightmemory.com/9mmar/my

FlightMemory's public statistic page is now available in Bahasa Malaysia. Just click on the Malaysia's flag on top right of your statistic page to view it in the language. I hope my translation satisfies all Malaysians and Bahasa Malaysia speakers. I am now drafting the page for Bahasa Indonesia.

Tell me what do you guys think of the Bahasa Malaysia version of FlightMemory's statistic page. Feedbacks are most welcome, before it can become a permanent feature. Help me to proofread this.

My page as a sample. http://my.flightmemory.com/9mmar/my

Well done for the effort bro! :clapping:

Sorry to be a nit-picker here... Nothing major but the word "Top" is not a Malay word so it's wrong to use the phrases "top 10 lapangan terbang/syarikat penerbangan" etc. The Malay translation would be something like "Senarai 10 teratas".

"Peta disediakan dengan kerjasama daripada Koordinaten.net" --> As a phrase on its own (not a full sentence), it is better without the word "daripada".

Just some suggestions. <_< You've done a very good job indeed!

I was advised by the FlightMemory Team not to overtranslate it. They specifically mentioned...

Also please do not go too far with translating - e.g. the term "Top Ten" is English, but understood easily by Germans - so such terms may also exist in your language.

... and therefore I opted for Top 10.

As for 'daripada', I looked at some of the translation in other languages such as German and Dutch. Both languages use their 'daripada'...

German - Karten erstellt mit Unterstützung von

Dutch - Kaarten samengesteld met hulp van

Grammatical wise, I don't think I made any mistake with using 'daripada'.

I was advised by the FlightMemory Team not to overtranslate it. They specifically mentioned...

Also please do not go too far with translating - e.g. the term "Top Ten" is English, but understood easily by Germans - so such terms may also exist in your language.

... and therefore I opted for Top 10.

Agreed... e.g.: "Senarai 10 Teratas Syarikat Penerbangan" --> That's very long and not catchy at all.

Grammatical wise, I don't think I made any mistake with using 'daripada'.

Nop.. no mistake. As a phrase, it just sounds better without it... and shorter too.

Pieter, let me know when you are done recording!! :p

Finished now, except for my flight-training bits-n-pieces in the US (still have to get all these airport-codes done):

In Miles 1,359,175

In Kilometer 2,187,380

Earth Circumnavigation 54.58 x

Distance to the Moon 5.690 x

Distance to the Sun 0.0146 x

Hours 3005:40 :yahoo: (all without any incidents)

Days 125.2

Weeks 17.9

Months 4.17

Years 0.343

All 1373

Domestic 178

Intra-Continental 677

Intercontinental 178

Other flights 340

Longest Flight (distance): 6,539 mi, 12:51 h, Singapore (Changi Airport) - Amsterdam (Schiphol), 22.12.1998

Shortest Flight: 2 mi, 0:04 h, Valkenburg - Valkenburg, 08.05.1976

Average Flight: 990 mi, 2:11 h

Cheers... :pardon:

Congratulation SV. The Chinese language page should be a hit considering the number of Chinese speakers around the world. On the other hand, I need to complete the Bahasa Indonesia version to end my translation stint with the FlightMemory team.

Good one Azizul. I was hoping also to translate Traditional Chinese which people still use in HK and Taiwan, but it seems that the crew at Flight memory is not so keen to have that for some funny reason.