MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Norman

Penang Int'l Spotting in 2008

did the pilot of FedEX MD-11 open the cockpit window? btw, nice shots there, guys... thanks a lot... :drinks:

did the pilot of FedEX MD-11 open the cockpit window? btw, nice shots there, guys... thanks a lot... :drinks:

dsc02424800ac0.jpg

The cockpit windows were closed. :blink:

Where? Fuselage or cockpit?

He is referring to the cockpit window , you can't find much window on a freighter plane :p

Bro.. i wont want to land with cockpit windows open.. you wont want all the papers inside flying out wont you hehehe... :rofl:

Bro.. i wont want to land with cockpit windows open.. you wont want all the papers inside flying out wont you hehehe... :rofl:

... and having your ground crews think you and your flying mate had a very bad hair day once you pulled up at the parking bay by the cargo terminal. :D :D

:D my eyes so bad... is time for me to make a new spec. :lol:

Sunday 22 June 2008... my lucky day...

2008-06-221B-187201024.jpg

CI5867 (TPE-KUL-PEN) touching down on Runway 04.

2008-06-228B-187201024.jpg

B-18720's thrust reversers kicking up some moisture on the slightly wet runway after a downpour earlier on.

2008-06-22109M-MQE1024.jpg

MH1154 operated by 9M-MQE today after a short hop from KUL.

2008-06-2219PK-LFM1024.jpg

And finally... the most stunning shot of the day... B737-900ER PK-LFM operating the delayed JT287 (PEN-MES) instead of an MD80. I can only hope this is a permanent equipment upgrade, and not just for this flight. No prizes for guessing what I'm praying for if JT indeed has decided to upgrade their equipment to the B737-900ER. Dream... dream... dream... keep dreaming...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/bobt...B-187201024.jpg

B-18720's thrust reversers kicking up some moisture on the slightly wet runway after a downpour earlier on.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/bobt...09M-MQE1024.jpg

MH1154 operated by 9M-MQE today after a short hop from KUL.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/bobt...9PK-LFM1024.jpg

And finally... the most stunning shot of the day... B737-900ER PK-LFM operating the delayed JT287 (PEN-MES) instead of an MD80. I can only hope this is a permanent equipment upgrade, and not just for this flight. No prizes for guessing what I'm praying for if JT indeed has decided to upgrade their equipment to the B737-900ER. Dream... dream... dream... keep dreaming...

Great catch Bob of Lion B739ER. They are pretty proud of their latest toy.

Hope LFF or LFG comes calling at PEN next.

Edited by Jonathan Kong

Wow, 1 of my favourite livery, thanks Bob :clapping:

Wow, 1 of my favourite livery, thanks Bob :clapping:

I saw this Jumbo take off again at the same day around 8pm something..it was parked beside Gate 13..

This morning I brought a friend along to spotting, the main purpose - Spread POISON !!!!!! She is the one who captures most of the shots, this is her first time to hold a DSLR so please forgive about the quality, most of the shots were heavily cropped. I have pick up a few, not so great shot but some rather special livery/plane to me. :D

dsc03583800za0.jpg

First time for me to see this bird

dsc03491800vh0.jpg

My first time to see a Boeing 727. As for the purpose ??????? Unknown ?????? Capt Radzi and Kong Kong caught this bird at KUL somewhere December last year.

dsc03554800uc6.jpg

Very common plane but then it is my first time trying panning method by me, I would say I PHAILEDDD

Edited by Loh Wilson

wilson ... r u sure she hold for the first time ??? got a bit of panning shot feeling ler :D

Aiyaa .. a slower shutter speed will get the effect already but most of the time out of ten shots, only one can be used.

haha of course lower sutter speed will do .... maybe u kenot poison her ... she is poisoning u ........ :rofl: ......... first time seeing the Tri-m.g :good:

TriMG still flying? Thought they just got placed under the BANNED list for Indo flyers.

JAKARTA, July 2 (Reuters) - Indonesia's transport ministry grounded five small airlines this week because they did not meet safety standards, a ministry official said on Wednesday.

The transport ministry gave Helizona, SMAC, Asco Nusa Air, Tri-MG Intra Asia Airlines and Dirgantara Air Service three months to meet minimum safety standards, Budi Mulyawan Suyitno, director general of air transportation, said. "Those airlines, with small planes for rent, didn't meet safety standards," Suyitno said. "If within three months they don't show any improvement we will revoke their air operator's certificate."

TriMG still flying? Thought they just got placed under the BANNED list for Indo flyers.

I am very shock of this statement. I guess another tutup mata(close one eye) case. From Google search, this airline been banned to flying into any European countries. After this plane landed it park at the 2nd Cargo Terminal.

Very nice for a first timer :) Wilson, bring her into MW, sure kena poison :lol: :rofl:

She is already a member, just that she hardly post.

Hands itchy laa .. I wanna go spotting again on friday :yahoo:

Panning~!! Amazing Thai.. wish to capture her in good light someday. :good: