MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Norman

Penang Int'l Spotting in 2008

Dear friends,

Have a question for you. When I was at PEN Bayan Lepas airport way back in 2002, the restricted area had wonderful photog friendly glass beside the boarding gates where one could take a picture like this

mwmms.jpg

Does the photog friendly glass next to the boarding gates still remain? Or has it like SIN been replaced by nightmarish tinted/photog unfriendly glass? Thank you.

Is it just me or is that photo very unfriendly?

You noticed. Sorry for the quality. That was my last holiday with a film camera. The glass was plain and much better than those at Changi transit that give greenish tint but when I had the roll of film developed, this was the result together with another shot of someone parasailing from hotel balcony. After this fiasco, I went digital.

Edited by fablee

Does the photog friendly glass next to the boarding gates still remain? Or has it like SIN been replaced by nightmarish tinted/photog unfriendly glass? Thank you.

Hi Fabian, how are you? Some of the glass panels here have tinted films pasted on them, and some don't. Hope that helps!

Hi Fabian, how are you? Some of the glass panels here have tinted films pasted on them, and some don't. Hope that helps!

Hi Bob I am fine. Beaut pixes you have been posting from PEN. Great proximity to that Gurney Drive char kway teow. Thanks for info abt glass. So I guess it is a matter of the target a/c being at the right gate. I understand from mw that the viewing gallery has gone too. Hope to see more of your PEN shots.

I was having (late) lunch at Sg Nibong Astaka (near the Pesta site) when I noticed a plane coming from north heading for Rw04 landing. It was 3pm and the plane has 4 engines.... hmmm... CI delayed? Back to office, checked the Flightstat.com (sorry, PEN so lousy that it does not even have a website, let alone the Arrival & Departure info) and it showed CI is delayed 44 minutes and the equipment of the day was A343!!!

Excited. I went to my office top floor, waiting for the delayed departure in the conference room (boss wasn't in, that's why :p ). Since nobody ever captured CI's A343, with the company's P&S camera, I got this... (but it was cloudy today)

Departed at 3.57pm, 30mins delayed (captured at 4.06pm, the camera's time)

CI674_1.jpg

CI674_2.jpg

Pardon me for the lack in detail of the pics.... the camera only has 3x zoom

My uncle & grandma's CI 674 is delayed from 1455 till 1755 then till 1855 today... They're still at home now...

Have the delays been related to their 737NG problems in the past, as we see that CI's using their A340 here? Does anyone know if it's A340 as well today? Hehe...

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

Wow,

Excellent shot there Bob.

Enjoying the Cargo-ers!

Friday 30 May 2008

2008-05-3047PH-CKA800.jpg

Interesting to see C(ila)KA @ PEN on the 30th, Bob :blink:

She made an additional landing at CTU on 29/05 to deliver 1900 tents, on her way to KIX...

Apparently, she flew KIX-AMS, before returning back to Asia and make a stop at PEN ;)

Bob, do you know if that's CI 674? The shot was taken around 6.55 pm?

That was CI0673 TPE-PEN arriving late at around 1750h. Very rare to be able to photograph a CI aircraft here in evening light!

evening is rare to spot...

BUT for an A340 Dynasty....rareR...(broken english)

That was CI0673 TPE-PEN arriving late at around 1750h. Very rare to be able to photograph a CI aircraft here in evening light!

Oops... Missed the kicking reverser visible there!

Did you get it in its return leg?

sure they are happily loading as much as possible now .....watch out for late rotation coz they'll be departing at MTOW :rofl:

promote sakan nampak!!

MORE UPDATE

Loh thank coz u call me last night!! i'm so happy to meet u all guys!

loh2.jpg

take lunch at bayan baru after spotting at batu maung

from left sneeze (from Hong Kong), jonathan, kelvin, loh & ks ong.... ibrahim & yong no in the picture

loh1.jpg

me with taiko from MalaysianWings! thank guys!

Nice Pic. up there from your New PONY oOOPSSSss~!!! SONY.. WiLsON :diablo:

Btw. Just arrive today from my impromtu Penang spotting... never planned it just go go go saja~!!!.. Damn SyiOk~!! PeNaNg Roxx~!!!

'Winter SoNata' Air.. one pic only meeh.. tired.

1xql9.jpg

Thank to Ah Kong, Yong, Sneeze, Kevin Teh, Walter, KS Ong, Wilson, Nizam, Sofian & Fitri.. for making my spotting trips this time sooOOOOO SyiOk~!!!

*Btw. AN124 Just arrived in Paris and Unloaded 1/2 of the PeNang Cargo.. 1/2 more tommorow laaaa.. Sikit Skit lama lama jadi Bukit.. kakakakaka :ninja: