MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Norman

Penang Int'l Spotting in 2008

Wow.... :blink: KAL Cargo rotation really fearsome :blink:

Nice Sunday's catch....

BTW Bob.... the Hajj Charter should be PEN-MED

Yup, so steep rotation for KAL to do that just like UPS. :blink:

Very nice traffic over at PEN, thanks Bob :clapping: I'm glad to see the 'Melaka' jumbo again :drinks:

Edited by Simon

Good shots there Bob, thanks for sharing :drinks:

Btw, any dates for the Finnair Charters?

Btw, any dates for the Finnair Charters?

Only 2 flights for November:

AY1963 POR-AMD-PEN STA: 16NOV/1845h

AY1964 PEN-AMD-HEL STD: 17NOV/1955h

AY1963 KUO-AMD-PEN STA: 30NOV/1845h

AY1964 PEN-AMD-POR STD: 01DEC/1955h

Timings ain't good for photography... :(

Only 2 flights for November:

AY1963 POR-AMD-PEN STA: 16NOV/1845h

AY1964 PEN-AMD-HEL STD: 17NOV/1955h

AY1963 KUO-AMD-PEN STA: 30NOV/1845h

AY1964 PEN-AMD-POR STD: 01DEC/1955h

Timings ain't good for photography... :(

Cheers, thanks Bob.

1845 shud still be ok wudn't it?

btw, is there a spot in the evening to shoot arrivals?

Cheers, thanks Bob.

1845 shud still be ok wudn't it?

btw, is there a spot in the evening to shoot arrivals?

Erm.. Normally, in the evening, they'll use runway 4. Best shot for runway 4 at that time, my best bet is at the road at the end of the runway itself, near the beach. Well, not that near though... :p

But if they have to use 22, I've no idea. Maybe can try to 'venture' into the kampung opposite Star hub building :unknw:

Well, Bob may have better positions/suggestions... BTW, great catch of the lovely Aseana and second time dept of the Hajj flight :clapping:

Edited by Yusoff

CS-TMT A330-300 sitting at Bay 4 now for a 04NOV/0400h departure (charter).

1845h is a touch n go for photography. If there're no clouds, then you can just about get the last light, but if cloud cover is thick, you wouldn't even be able to shoot with ISO400.

Runway 22 evening arrivals can be shot from a road turning off from the main road and heading towards the industrial estate. Can't remember the road name now but it's next to a big canal, and there is a little shelter, visible from the main road. Alternatively, you can go up to the top floors of the carpark at QueensbayMall to capture aircraft on finals for 22. Runway 04 evening arrivals can only be shot if you have a car and a super high ladder. Several spots around, but the easiest would be this road next to DCA, leading to a crash gate, just before you turn into the airport.

CX sent in A330-300 (B-LAA) today instead of B744 as planned. I understand that the B744 rotation for PEN is pretty unstable and subject to last minute changes. I wish it was B-LAD instead, but well, still a nice change from the boring B-HLx series.

1845h is a touch n go for photography. If there're no clouds, then you can just about get the last light, but if cloud cover is thick, you wouldn't even be able to shoot with ISO400.

Runway 22 evening arrivals can be shot from a road turning off from the main road and heading towards the industrial estate. Can't remember the road name now but it's next to a big canal, and there is a little shelter, visible from the main road. Alternatively, you can go up to the top floors of the carpark at QueensbayMall to capture aircraft on finals for 22. Runway 04 evening arrivals can only be shot if you have a car and a super high ladder. Several spots around, but the easiest would be this road next to DCA, leading to a crash gate, just before you turn into the airport.

Cheers, thanks for that Bob.

Nice catch of the Royal barge :clapping:

oh my...TG A330 Barge...Super shot..(i am still waiting for the day)

Asiana Cargo....a must have shot...when will be my next PEN...??

Good one guys....keep it up.

What more could one ask for?

To be posted on A.net !!! :p