MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Norman

Penang Int'l Spotting in 2008

Too bad, Sriwijaya not using the 732 anymore, as opposed to Kartika :(

Hi Pieter, Sriwijawa does use B737-200s occasionally. I last saw them on Monday and Tuesday. I'll post photos when I get to photograph them.

On another note, to all those in Penang, watch out for Finnair charter B757-200s coming soon. There will only be 10 flights from Nov08 to Mar09. I'll post the schedule in due course.

And a reminder that CX B744s will be operating on Tuesdays effective 28OCT08.

Also look out for new Indonesian carriers soon to appear at PEN from November!

It's looking very exciting indeed!

FinnAir in Penang.. wooa woooa... jom jom pegi Penang~!!

wanna share some apron spotting at PEN.

MH JellyFish..

2A.jpg

Love the Nose of this China Southern BabyBus.

3A.jpg

Thai seperti biasa.

4A.jpg

Edited by Ibrahim

Nice shots baim ! Jeez..the 'Visit Malay ia Year' on MOG is really an eyesore, i reckon they should remove it..

MIR, i think this aircraft rego is MQG......it won't be an eyesore when the rego is 9M-OMG :lol::rofl:

The guy in bicycle... make this photo more nostalgic :good:

Looks like a pilot......:lol::rofl::lol:

Edited by Simon

Engineering personnel. They have company-issued bicycles for quick access to the aircraft from their office.

MIR, i think this aircraft rego is MQG......it won't be an eyesore when the rego is 9M-OMG :lol::rofl:

Thanks Simon, ahaha.. 9M-OMG :rofl:

Nice catch Baim prior to dusk..Any way how did u manage to capture the MAS B734 (I believe) you stand at apron..Betul x??

HahahahaHa Funny post up there :rofl:

Btw. 10 markah untuk Ashmil Abd Ghani

1 more pic to share Cessna caravan with tongkat..

1A-2.jpg

Hi guys,

I will be in PEN on the 18 and flying off to SIN on the 19. Can suggest any nice place to spot around the airport terminal?

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I will be in PEN on the 18 and flying off to SIN on the 19. Can suggest any nice place to spot around the airport terminal?

Thanks.

My favorites spotting location along from gate 11 until gate 14.

Hi guys,

Thanks.

airport terminal does not offer much of views, very limited viewing options there, even take off and landing is quite far on both extreme sides...

the next best option is the Rapid bus stop, but I do not know which bus to take, maybe some of our penang "lang" can assist...

anyone tried the spots alongside the bayan lepas highway (near the airport porridge/half boiled eggs/toast kopi tiam?) if there is any there since it's people's houses lining the area?

the next best option is the Rapid bus stop, but I do not know which bus to take, maybe some of our penang "lang" can assist...

from terminal you can wait the bus at McD enterance to Weld Quay. from there you can change to U302/U307 Bus to Batu Maung last stop. but i think if wanna fast you can change at Bukit Jambul. both U302/U307 past by there.

airport terminal does not offer much of views, very limited viewing options there, even take off and landing is quite far on both extreme sides...

anyone tried the spots alongside the bayan lepas highway (near the airport porridge/half boiled eggs/toast kopi tiam?) if there is any there since it's people's houses lining the area?

Just give me a call and I will try my best to arrange my time if you happen to drop by. My industrial training days will be over soon, when my school starts I believe that I have more time to spot compare to my current situation.

Wilson - 0194138472

Morning is not a good time to spot inside the terminal as it is backlit.

Just give me a call and I will try my best to arrange my time if you happen to drop by. My industrial training days will be over soon, when my school starts I believe that I have more time to spot compare to my current situation.

Wilson - 0194138472

Morning is not a good time to spot inside the terminal as it is backlit.

wilson when I am back again in pg, can pm you when you spot?

must watch the pro in action? :drinks:

Don't forget to bring your trademark "kerusi merah"

Edited by yeadrian

wilson when I am back again in pg, can pm you when you spot?

must watch the pro in action? :drinks:

Don't forget to bring your trademark "kerusi merah"

No problem man :D Just drop me a PM or give me a call whichever you are more comfortable with

I am not pro laaa *blush*

i found a spot driving around the area, it's right exactly where the rotation of the aircraft - if the take offs are from 04.

but it in front of people's house though !

will let you know when I am back in penang... see the pro blush !

from terminal you can wait the bus at McD enterance to Weld Quay. from there you can change to U302/U307 Bus to Batu Maung last stop. but i think if wanna fast you can change at Bukit Jambul. both U302/U307 past by there.

Whoaaa!.... just like a true Penangite.. Tabik baim! Even i doesnt know which bus to take... i only know how rempit all the way to the bus stop spot.. :p (i also rempit like you do la hehehe..)

Whoaaa!.... just like a true Penangite.. Tabik baim! Even i doesnt know which bus to take... i only know how rempit all the way to the bus stop spot.. :p (i also rempit like you do la hehehe..)

Rempit or drift?