MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Norman

Penang Int'l Spotting in 2008

Emm Loh Wilson..Are still using Alpha DSLR with 300mm lens for spotting or already change to Minolta??

Emm Loh Wilson..Are still using Alpha DSLR with 300mm lens for spotting or already change to Minolta??

If I am not mistaken, I upgraded about two months ago to a Minolta lens. Do you like it ? :p

I sent my SAL75300 to Sony for service because it is very stiff to turn the zoom. It has been a month since I sent there until now no news :sorry:

Cilaka i tak pegi penang last sunday.. Asiana Cargo datang.. Cilaka.~!!!

Nice catch of colourful traffic.

Thanks to Yong for the reminder to check out page 27 I missed. :drinks:

Wow! A lot of lovely planes in Penang. Thanks to the guys for the good shots. :clapping: :drinks:

It seems Raya spotting was more fun in PEN than KUL. :rolleyes:

Jommm Spotting on Deepavali week !!! I still got half day work on 25th after that I will free till Deepavali day :p

SPOTTTINNNGG !!

Great catch Bob! The two RNZAF B757s were out of action for quite a while due to conversion works and were returned to service very recently.

Nice catch Bob..Nice Royal NZ Air Force at PEN..

Rare PEN customer during Raya week..hehehe..Since this "Latihan Bersama" not a yearly event around here..

no worries Wilson, the rest of your other pics are nice enough !!

yeah weather was "under the weather" before landing ! nevertheless - garang look lo with the equipment and ready pounce stance!! well done! :drinks:

Sorry Yeadrian, no matter how I try to edit the photo of your arrival flight, it still looks horrible because of low light.

Just a few more to share

Regarding the Airdex...

SINAP and JHBAP closure due ADEX

--------------------------------

SINAP and JHBAP will be closed on Monday 13th October 2008 for a period of

1 hour in conjunction with the Air Defense Exercise (ADEX). This exercise

will take place within SIN and JHB airspace.

Date Closure hr

==== ==========

MON13OCT08 1100-1200LT

Please refer NOTAM/INTAM for additional info and updates.

Probably more to come. so watch out.

Royal Australian Air Force aircraft including F/A18s, F-111s and an Orion maritime surveillance patrol aircraft will also join the exercise while Air Force C130s and C17s will provide strategic lift and logistics support to the deployed forces.

Three F-111 strike fighter aircraft from 82 Wing at RAAF Base Amberley and approximately 80 personnel will be based at the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) Base Butterworth along with a South Australian-based AP-3C Orion from 92 Wing.

Up to 6 F/A-18 Hornets and 100 personnel from RAAF Base Williamtown’s 77 Squadron will also participate in the exercise and will be based at Singapore’s Paya Lebar Air Base (PLAB).

Thanks a lot for sharing these wonderful shots of PEN, guys; really appreciated !!! :yahoo: :drinks:

Too bad, Sriwijaya not using the 732 anymore, as opposed to Kartika :(

Good to see the ex-Transavia 757's still roaming around, even all the way to 'far away' Malaysia :pardon: