MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Rozhan

MAS Crisis Webpage

Is MAS ready for something to happen? A special webpage ready to fill-in-the-blanks? Or a snafu by their highly intelligent IT people?

Check out http://crisis.malaysia-airlines.com/ before they realise how brilliant they are and pull it down the world wide web.

OK, I know many of their planes are old and tatty, but never doubted the safety of their planes and excellent training of their pilots to bring it to a safe landing should something go wrong.

By the way, I thought I see a Botero painting on the main page. Ooopps :D!

pardon for my ignorance :sorry: , but i do not understand much about the website , what is the purpose ??? crash of zz9999 ??

Louis, the webpage is for a crisis arising from an accident of a MAS plane. The ZZ9999 is of course a fictional flight of a fictional airline, but ultimately 'points' to MAS since MAS is announcing the flight's accident.

The webpage is supposed to come on-line when and only when a real accident occurs, together with the correct flight number and other details like passenger list etc. (of course, hopefully such a thing will not occur in the future, for whatever airline)

But MAS, it seems, see it fit to have the webpage on-line ready for something to (as if) happen very soon! And that is sick! Totally sick!

BTW, same webpages can be viewed at http://crisis.malaysiaairlines.com/

Edited by Rozhan

Louis, the webpage is for a crisis arising from an accident of a MAS plane. The ZZ9999 is of course a fictional flight of a fictional airline, but ultimately 'points' to MAS since MAS is announcing the flight's accident.

The webpage is supposed to come on-line when and only when a real accident occurs, together with the correct flight number and other details like passenger list etc. (of course, hopefully such a thing will not occur in the future, for whatever airline)

But MAS, it seems, see it fit to have the webpage on-line ready for something to (as if) happen very soon! And that is sick! Totally sick!

BTW, same webpages can be viewed at http://crisis.malaysiaairlines.com/

thanks rozhan :drinks:

wah :shok: this is unbelievable

Well, in a sense, it's good to know that they are prepared to disseminate information in a structured manner when there comes an emergency. But then again, rather disturbing to have it online when there isn't a crisis. As what Rozhan said, it's like telling the public to "sit tight and watch out".

MAS once claimed that they are the top five Malaysian brand..now no more and i hope it will not be vanished as the time goes..haha :rolleyes:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could they f*#k-up so badly. It's unbelievable. :o

If SQ and take off from the wrong side of the runway and crash. Silk air crashed some where near Padang.

Why should not MH be ready in case something goes wrong. The website will help MAS respond quickly to their customers.

It is like having a fire extinguisher in the building as a first line of defense. MAS having the website as their immediate and fast respond medium.

I just think there is nothing wrong being prepared.

..do leave you comment …

If SQ and take off from the wrong side of the runway and crash. Silk air crashed some where near Padang.

Why should not MH be ready in case something goes wrong. The website will help MAS respond quickly to their customers.

It is like having a fire extinguisher in the building as a first line of defense. MAS having the website as their immediate and fast respond medium.

I just think there is nothing wrong being prepared.

..do leave you comment …

No body is saying don't be prepared, but to let it be seen on their web site should not happen. it is a template that is kept as side until it is really needed. Not for public viewing.

Some hacker's sinful and undutiful doing..and everyone is getting excited.

With MH's inefficiency (see topic on intternet booking egine updates), one does not need a hacker to do that! With MH, it happens...all the time.

Also, typical again of MH, they got the dates mixed up....today is 1st of Jan, not 1st of April...

Edited by Mushrif A

If there are hackers around to hack MAS website, they may as well hack its booking engine and change all fares to everywhere MAS flies to RM1, with fees, taxes and surcharges on the house!

If such hackers are within MH out to embarass the airline, then I'm not surprised. There were criminal elements within the organization before, who found that cutting wires and pouring hydraulic fluid on aircraft instruments an enjoyable pastime.

It is normal for airline or major company to have crisis management team and procedure in place, and conduct exercise regularly to refine the plan.

:drinks:

If this page is real it´s SICK to make it accessible to the public until some occurrence makes it neccessary !!!

It´s a good idea to have it ready but somed10t of the media will stumble over it without knowing the background.

And then things WILL get messed up. Certainly with great damage to MAS´s image ! ! !

That´s just ma 2 sen to it

Incredible, the page is still there !!

Captain Nik, Catain Radzi, TK and the host of other MH personnel here - can you please assist to alert the relevant dept(s) of the potential PR disaster before the press picks this up ?!

:blink:

Crisis no more...I guess the dead were all buried and insurance money has been paid out....and DCA is investigating. In 3 yrs time, you can watch it all over again on National Geographic.

:) FINALLY MH came to its senses and pulled the website down. Some people may have found it offensive like as if the airline is ready with its condolence and obituary messages for its passengers.

Sign in to follow this