MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azfar

PTV's in MH's Airbus A330

PTVs do not come cheap and it will be a huge investment for MAS. MAS owns about 15 A330-300s and a couple of leased ones. All the A330-300s do not have PTVs, whereas the A330-200s do because previous owners had them installed.

A330s aren't MAS' flagship aircraft and there is a question regarding the need of PTVs for a short flight. Airbus A330-300s are mostly utilised on regional routes. The entertainment system altogether will cost MAS a lot of money. Same with the B737-400s if they put overhead screens on it too.

PTVs do not come cheap and it will be a huge investment for MAS.  MAS owns about 15 A330-300s and a couple of leased ones.  All the A330-300s do not have PTVs, whereas the A330-200s do because previous owners had them installed.

I think it is more like the below:

MAS "owns" 9 A330-300s. The rest - 2 A333 and 5 A332 are leased in.

But don't you guys think it's better for MH to install PTV in all classes as the 333 fly as far as BOM, PEK & DEL ?

Sure it is better for MAS to have PTVs installed on A330-300s. But.....the cost factor counts. Cathay has PTVs installed on their A330-343x

But don't you guys think it's better for MH to install PTV in all classes as the 333 fly as far as BOM, PEK & DEL ?

1352[/snapback]

i could still survive flying to Del without those PTVs..but to IST? in a 10hrs flight without PTV? might go crazy..haha..

i could still survive flying to Del without those PTVs..but to IST? in a 10hrs flight without PTV? might go crazy..haha..

That explained why MH deploys their A330-200s to IST :) Not the A330-300s

As long MH maintains their good service, PTVs are not really essential... there's always the window :lol:

Heck survived >12 hours flight on KLM middle seat before (nope, no PTVs)... so.. it's not so bad ;)

Guest Fendy

wah... people these days ar... last time, when i flew... no ptv. we had the communal tv screen in front...

we had two choice of IFE. watch or dont watch.. hehe... :lol:

slightly off topic....if planes such as the B777 and the B747 are deployed sometimes in domestic routes....will they on the PTV...???

slightly off topic....if planes such as the B777 and the B747 are deployed sometimes in domestic routes....will they on the PTV...???

1578[/snapback]

The shortest sector I flew on B777 was KUL - SIN on SQ back in 2001. I think the only channel available was the flight track channel. I suppose MH would be the same.

I flew MH07 from Penang to KL . Some seats had the PTV on with full functionality . Some only had the map with the moving aircraft ... and some were off ... I flew 777 to KCH ... PTV had almost full functionality .

Sign in to follow this