MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Wilson Kook

KLIA - The more silent airport (What can MAHB do to increase passenger traffic? )

[[[something to think about]]]

Although I live in Australia, I have not forgotten my roots. I'm a Malaysian at heart. And it pains me to see the emptiness of KLIA when we compare it to neighbouring rivals like Suvarnabhumi, Changi and Chep Lap Kok. KLIA is a world-class facility.

However,

- Passenger traffic is not very convincing

- Very mediocre and average number of airlines flying into KLIA

- The bigger players are abandoning KLIA for BKK, SIN, HKG. Namely, Qantas, British Airways (they might reinstate flights though), United Airlines, Air France, ANA, Aeroflot, Air Canada, Air New Zealand, Turkish Airlines. Man, the list goes on and on and on and on.

It would be such a pleasant sight to see more planes and airlines flooding the KLIA. Of course, we would prefer the bigger airlines too.

I flew back to KUL around early-mid December to visit my family for the holidays. When I arrived at the airport, I was devastated by the emptiness and air of silence inside KLIA, what most people regard as one of the best airports in the world.

I think MAHB and the Malaysian Tourism Board ought to double or even triple their current efforts if they really intend to keep up with their fellow competitors. It is noticable that the number of flights into KLIA are gradually increasing, but at a very, very slow pace. At this rate, KLIA wont be able to keep up with other airports. That, I assure everyone.

I hope, in two or three years time, when I make my next visit to KUL, the KLIA will shape into a much busier airport. It has alot of potential. KLIA has a beautiful facade and it is situated in a fantastic location, where ample room is available as far as development and improvement is concerned. But it is up to the airport officials to make full use of this opportunity. If we claim that MAHB is doing a good job at the moment, that is not enough. Everyone else is doing an even better job. In order to finish ahead of your competitors, you simply need to be outstanding.

Well, I have made my point clear.

I look forward to all your comments and questions.

Edited by Wilson Kook

[[[something to think about]]]

- The bigger players are abandoning KLIA for BKK, SIN, HKG. Namely, Qantas, British Airways (they might reinstate flights though), United Airlines, Air France, ANA, Aeroflot, Air Canada, Air New Zealand, Turkish Airlines. Man, the list goes on and on and on and on.

air nz will be out for a while. its not even flying to sin

First order of the day is to remove old dinosaurs who head MAHB. One of them used to be a very senior staff of an airline that almost went bankrupt.

First order of the day is to remove old dinosaurs who head MAHB. One of them used to be a very senior staff of an airline that almost went bankrupt.

That would be a fabulous start...I'm with you on this.

BOD.jpg

here are the old dinosaurs....hehehe...my guess would be Dato Fuaad..MAS ex MD

Yes Fairul, plus the fella above him, although he never got to be at the very top of the food chain of THAT Superstar airline :D :D :D :D :D

They can retire off to Jurrasic Park!

In Bolehsia, it appears major failures almost always get a second chance, reappointment, extension of contract, extended employment. Little wonder things are rotting here and there and everywhere.

Edited by Rozhan

The best way is..

MAS MUST buy a share with a big airlines such as Garuda,Thai,RBA,Qantas, etc...

and rearrange all the shedules to fly to KUL..

This way maybe will help KLIA to become a famous airport beside all the worlds facilities that KLIA have...another opinion is decrease a airport tax to attract a big airlines around the world...

hehe..

This is just my opinion...

Edited by Nabiel Haniff

Yes Fairul, plus the fella above him, although he never got to be at the very top of the food chain of THAT Superstar airline :D :D :D :D :D

They can retire off to Jurrasic Park!

In Bolehsia, it appears major failures almost always get a second chance, reappointment, extension of contract, extended employment. Little wonder things are rotting here and there and everywhere.

yep...its like cancer..spreading everywhere if you don't cure it in the first place....

it's easy to become popular hub..

become a no-frill airport maa...

convert all aspect to LCCT concept, cheaper tax, attract pax..

or give 'rasuah' to world's major airliners, to come to KUL..

Why I love KUL, cuz it;s never busy........let's stay that way :pardon:

Seriously, what would attract major airlines to fly to KUL beside one year free landing fee and cheap operating cost?

Why I love KUL, cuz it;s never busy........let's stay that way :pardon:

Seriously, what would attract major airlines to fly to KUL beside one year free landing fee and cheap operating cost?

IMO , obviously it is the volume of passenger aka traveller .... :unknw:

Errm..if there's a diversion in SIN e.g bad weather..then those major airlines will prob fly to KUL :pardon:

garuda was going to make kul its new hub - started codesharing on flights to LHR, AMS, FRA.

then added some flights from surabaya, jogjakarta etc etc.

These all disappeared very quickly. SIN is getting more flights to more indonesian destinations.

if the indons can't even help us...we can just forget it.

its the best if anyone for us can pull the big MAHB ppl into this phorum to hear our comment

no offence

Edited by Abel E

the silence of klia : do the management cause it? or malaysian does not like to fly? gomen controlled airlines to it?

what about malaysian does not prefer to fly? thru my scarce experience, in CGK, most of the pax were indonesian, and in BKK, most of pax in flight i took was thais. even flight to LHR in MAS was filled by orang puteh. basically, hard to find my own people filled aircraft i fly.

hopefully they can Change the whole management team of MAHB AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.............. :good:

Edited by Li Ren

fuad should know very well that he doesn't deserve that seat. he should have said no when offered. but sometimes in my opinion, certain individuals cannot live without 'subsidy'.

yeah..

off the topic, what will happen to aviation industry if singapore was not separated from malaysia? will there differences in KUL aviation industry?

<_<

KUL will be like PEN or BKI - a secondary hub. No offence to anyone but for a so-called administrative centre of the Federation, it should be more important. Singapore has always been the business and entertainment capital of Malaya/Malaysia.

Edited by Izanee

what do u think about my opinion ?? :D

THAT airline got no money lah Nabiel. In fact, patriotic citizens should help them by buying the most expensive tickets to anywhere. They could do with some money now to buy new planes of their own, and fuel to fly them :D :D :D :D :D

They are already red-faced because lesser 3-Star Red airline have new, Red planes swarming all over the place now :) :) :) :) :)

Edited by Rozhan

yeah..

off the topic, what will happen to aviation industry if singapore was not separated from malaysia? will there differences in KUL aviation industry?

KUL will be like PEN or BKI - a secondary hub. No offence to anyone but for a so-called administrative centre of the Federation, it should be more important. Singapore has always been the business and entertainment capital of Malaya/Malaysia.

That is quite impossible to imagine because Malaysia has achieved so much in almost every aspects after the withdrawal of Singapore.

Sign in to follow this