MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mushrif A

MH New Internet Booking Engine: See MASWings'

As alluded to by someone in another forum/topic, MH new internet booking engine is actually available for review by visiting MASWings'. After the initial page, it is full of MH stuff, logos etc.

I do not see any enhancement in speed, but some positives include:

- infant tickets can now be booked;

- specific seat selection by viewing an aircraft seat map, even in Y. (SQ does not have this facility - u can only select seats in Y when checking-in online some many hrs before departure)

- specific meal request (I wished the options include "no snackboxes, prefer hotmeals" for flights 1-3 hrs, and "no peanuts but snackboxes please" for 45min-1 hr flights)

etc..

Edited by Mushrif A

Yeah the new engine looks better, and with better function, but it does not perform well as of yet, as compared to the old engine. Hope they will correct some of the problems before they put it into service.

One of my problem was the name I key in different with the one come out in the itenery. So I had to cancel the ticket, with a fine of RM65! Well this made me mad actually because that was not my problem and yet I have to pay the fine. <_>

One of my problem was the name I key in different with the one come out in the itenery. So I had to cancel the ticket, with a fine of RM65! Well this made me mad actually because that was not my problem and yet I have to pay the fine. <_>

You should have raised hell with MH. I would have asked THEM to PAY me RM65 for the inconvenience caused and a massive PR campaign on how crappy the service was.

You should have raised hell with MH. I would have asked THEM to PAY me RM65 for the inconvenience caused and a massive PR campaign on how crappy the service was.

I would better save my time, my temper and my manner. There will be so many procedures to be done I assure, calling here, waiting and waiting... You know how many person waiting in front of me when I went to their office for this matter? 91! Can you imagine that?! So I will just admit that I was bad luck, and it's lucky that they still refund for me the entire amount (after deducting the RM65), or else the ticket will be forfeited.

MH, going beyond expectation!

Maybe it is not upgraded yet..i'm suspecting its from 9am - 12am, but not 12pm..

It was supposed to be until 12pm. But up till 12:45pm, no updates yet.

Now, the notice has been changed to say, "9am until further notice".

So typical of MH.

why MAS always undermines the power of the online users? They could have had a temporary booking facility that is accessible while the upgrading is being done. They want ppl to use online booking, but they dont care about the frustration of some ppl seeing that the booking itself is down or under maintenance. And why during saturday morning, why not during off-peak period like MIDNIGHT?. :(

Compared to AK, whenever there is an upgrade on the booking system, they always redirect to another page for what I believe is their temporary booking page.

MAS, when will you grow up!

Edited by Azri M.

why MAS always undermines the power of the online users? They could have had a temporary booking facility that is accessible while the upgrading is being done. They want ppl to use online booking, but they dont care about the frustration of some ppl seeing that the booking itself is down or under maintenance. And why during saturday morning, why not during off-peak period like MIDNIGHT?. :(

Compared to AK, whenever there is an upgrade on the booking system, they always redirect to another page for what I believe is their temporary booking page.

I share your frustration of MH. Hardly a savvy airline. I guess the work culture/ mentality of some of the snr (i.e. legacy) mngt staff may be to blame? I won't be surprised if some of the snr management still get their secretaries to print out emails to read them (i.e. "computers are for secretaries")

For instance, just recently, an MH staff said to me to "just bring your e-ticket to get it endorsed." Maybe, he/ she can see oxygen and ghosts, amongst other things (including an E-tkt), and perhaps grab a piece of equator from Pontianak.

I still remember when EK is about to launch its new booking system, customers were directed to the old booking system while the new one is still not up and running. If I were a MH's auditor, I would raise this matter as a serious negligence matter i.e. forfeiting potential revenue to the company.

I share your frustration of MH. Hardly a savvy airline. I guess the work culture/ mentality of some of the snr (i.e. legacy) mngt staff may be to blame? I won't be surprised if some of the snr management still get their secretaries to print out emails to read them (i.e. "computers are for secretaries")

For instance, just recently, an MH staff said to me to "just bring your e-ticket to get it endorsed." Maybe, he/ she can see oxygen and ghosts, amongst other things (including an E-tkt), and perhaps grab a piece of equator from Pontianak.

Oh my god, that is soo my boss! By the way, why Pontianak? I think I am the only one who relates with Pontianak here in this forum.

Yesterday I checked out the website of the prestigeous MASwings to see how the 'new' booking engine works. After making a fake booking from Miri to Limbang to see how expensive its fare is, I tried to log in using my current MAS online booking password but it doesn't work. Do people have to register a new username to use its super website, despite it being MAS' own (the booking website address suggests so)?

Oh my god, that is soo my boss! By the way, why Pontianak? I think I am the only one who relates with Pontianak here in this forum.

That's one of the closest city which has an Equator monument (maybe there are others in Sumatra). So, the tech-challenged MH folks can grab a piece of the equator from there or go there if they want to see & feel what the equator is like (since they actually asked me a to bring my e-ticket to get it endorsed!).

guys, dont u think MAS required too little information of the credit card holder to book the ticket?

Is the new engine still d same?

last time only required credit card number and security code where air asia still need name,expire date and address..

guys, dont u think MAS required too little information of the credit card holder to book the ticket?

Is the new engine still d same?

last time only required credit card number and security code where air asia still need name,expire date and address..

Much to the dissapointment, the booking engine is THE SAME. the only different is the background. What a shame, I know some of you waited more than the expected three hours of maintainance just to see a change in the background.

btw, just did a quick check, the button for the LOWEST FARE has disappeared. What does this mean? :sorry:

It is SCREW TIME, again :) :) :)

Just days ago when it was mentioned elsewhere in this forum that fees, taxes and surcharges between Sabah / Sarawak and Peninsular has shot up to RM212 return. Malaysia Airlines, the '5 glittering stars' airline thinks it is not enough. So it increased it by yet another RM2 return, to make it RM214 now. :) :)

Fees, taxes and surcharges for within peninsular remains at RM134, at this point in time.

BTW this notice is found at the website since yesterday:

Important Notice:

We regret to inform you that our Registered User Booking is currently unavailable.

Please proceed with Guest Booking.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused

Has the multi-million ringgit IT system gone sewel already now, I wonder?

Edited by Rozhan

Much to the dissapointment, the booking engine is THE SAME. the only different is the background. What a shame, I know some of you waited more than the expected three hours of maintainance just to see a change in the background.

btw, just did a quick check, the button for the LOWEST FARE has disappeared. What does this mean? :sorry:

I hope this is only temporary. Yesterday, the website only allow ticket collection from its offices around the country, with no e-ticket option. It is vice versa today.

And, the the prompt "You must select either Availabilty Search or Best Fare Search" is still present if you do not click the Availability? button...

OK. Now they have got it right. Misc fees for within Peninsular is now RM68 per way / RM136 return, additional RM1 per way from previous few weeks' RM10 increase. That's still too little I think. It should be RM150 per way. Fuel is expensive!

Correct me if I am wrong, but the booking engine is back to the old one today!

If you are talking about Malaysia Airlines booking engine, it has never change at all. The only changes are, there is no BEST FARE button, and the background change.

The best / lower fare prompt is back again just now.

By the way, the engine would have been much better if alternative travel dates with corresponding fares are also shown together with the initial intended date, so that pax may find a lower fare if his / her travel plans are flexible. AK's website is a good example of this, which shows everything at a glance.

Having to click around several times to see this on MH's website is tedious.

I speculate the new booking engine for MH will come online once they launch internet check in facility as internet check in facility have seat selection system. I hope it would come online, and the suggestions such as no snackbox, but hot meal prefered or peanuts but no snack box will be taken into consideration. As long as you are willing to pay

I can't go to MAS website at all today - http://www.malaysiaairlines.com

And now I can't book my flight at all... calling by phone will incur service charge, travel agent as well. :(

I thought having a notice of "Booking not available until further notice" last week was bad enough, but this is even worse, can't even go to the website at all...

As a customer (potential), I do not feel cared. :(

ps- I have to fly domestically KUL-AOR (airasia only flies once a day :( )

Sign in to follow this