MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
DavidC

Seat Numbering

It always puzzle me as to why the seat numbering for narrow body aircrafts of 3 x 3 seating configuration begins 5A, 5B, 5C and 5D, 5E, 5F but when you board a wide bodied aircarft of 2 x 4 x 2 seating configuration, the number of A,B,C becomes only 5A, 5C leaving our the 5B. :blink:

Can someone please provide explanation?

DavidC

To make seat plan simple for reservation system and permit last minute aircraft swap without creating chaos to those with pre-assigned seats.

e.g. TG operate 772 and 333 on BKK/KUL, TG 772 EY seat configuration is 3-3-3 and 333 is 2-4-2.

Typical seat letters are;

A333 AC-DEFG-HK, 777 ABC-DEG-HJK, 774 ABC-DEFG-HJK

Just my 2 cents

:drinks:

774 ABC-DEFG-HJK

Do you mean the 744? :)

Edited by Andrew Ong

David, have u seat on row 13 ?

KLM and KLM cityhopper do not :blink: have a row 13 on board ...

Noticed on Tiger A320 seatplan there is a row 13...probably Asians are less 'paranoid' about this "unlucky" # :pardon:

..... a row 13...probably Asians are less 'paranoid' about this "unlucky" # :pardon:

For us chinese on the other hand, the number '13' is very much sought after. Try getting that as your car registration no. for example ! Funny world this !

For us chinese on the other hand, the number '13' is very much sought after. Try getting that as your car registration no. for example ! Funny world this !

For Chinese, 8s (prosperous), 3s (alive and well), 9s (longevity) are desirable 4s (death) and 7s (silly) aren't.

Edited by S V Choong

It always puzzle me as to why the seat numbering for narrow body aircrafts of 3 x 3 seating configuration begins 5A, 5B, 5C and 5D, 5E, 5F but when you board a wide bodied aircarft of 2 x 4 x 2 seating configuration, the number of A,B,C becomes only 5A, 5C leaving our the 5B. :blink:

Can someone please provide explanation?

DavidC

Here is what I think.On a narrowbody "A" is window and C is "aisle". So if you board, say a Fokker 50, they skip B so that you know you get to choose A for Window and C for aisle.Same goes for Airbus 330, seats are arranged with A then C.I think it is universally known that A is when you get the Window and C the aisle while B means you are the meat patty between the bun.Just don't quote me...hehehe! If you check MAS seatplans. Even in C class of the B734 seats are numbered 1A and C skipping B because B does not exsist.You ould compare MAS 777 and SIA 777, MH has the 2X5X2 hance the 11 A,C- D,E,F,G,H-J,K while SQ in their 3X3X3. Numbers their seats as ABC-DEG-HJK. I guess it doesn't matter that they skip F beacuse it is the middle seat while H is still the aisle regardless of the configuration.Hope it answer your question.

Sign in to follow this