MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Nabiel Haniff

What Do You Want To Comment about AirAsia ??

Walter, once you cancelled your Ak flight, do they refund to you? If so, do you need to pay for the cancellation of the ticket?

Louis, a really worst case ever,fly without your luggages.

Louis, a really worst case ever,fly without your luggages.

at least for me tat was the worst case desmond :D , i remembered i was very confused and angry at that point of time , so bored at the terminal . i guess i have visited all the toilet for arrival and departure hall :p , sitting at anjung tinjau till i get bored :lol: and etc etc .......but thinking back of it , felt i was funny , but hell yeah , i was consider lucky , by considering what other ppl have suffered that day . (26.12.2004)

at least for me tat was the worst case desmond :D , i remembered i was very confused and angry at that point of time , so bored at the terminal . i guess i have visited all the toilet for arrival and departure hall :p , sitting at anjung tinjau till i get bored :lol: and etc etc .......but thinking back of it , felt i was funny , but hell yeah , i was consider lucky , by considering what other ppl have suffered that day . (26.12.2004)

Hmmm.. Do they offered somethings to you while you were waiting on the terminal? Btw, Thanks for the answer,Walter. :drinks:

They refunded. Gave us a choice i think to rebook or cancelled... Back then AirAsia does not have A320s yet

They just paid back all the tax rite?

ticket fare cant be refund rite? :D

Base ticket fare, I understand, is non-refundable in normal circumstances. But if one takes the GoInsure travel insurance, and there is a situation where one can't take the trip, it can be refunded. The following taken from Air Asia's Travel Insurance Policy explains:

SECTION B(1) – FLIGHT CANCELLATION

This cover which starts on the Certificate Issue Date will reimburse the unused and non-refundable portion of the AirAsia Ticket fare due to Flight Cancellation if at the time of departure he/she is prevented from taking the Flight because of the occurrence of one of the following events :

i) Events connected with the Insured AirAsia Guest :-

• Insured AirAsia Guest’s death;

• Insured AirAsia Guest’s hospitalization not anticipated at the date of flight purchase;

• serious illness or serious accidental bodily injury sustained by the Insured AirAsia Guest;

• serious damage to Insured AirAsia Guest’s principal residence due to fire, flood or similar natural disaster (tornado, earthquake, hurricane, etc.) requiring his/her presence on the premises after the departure date in the course of The Flight as the case may be;

• serious damage to Insured AirAsia Guest’s vehicle within 48 hours of the Departure Date as substantiated by a police report;

• the Insured AirAsia Guest being kidnapped, detained, quarantined, required to serve on a jury, or subpoenaed to attend a civil proceeding.

ii) Events connected with those persons whether or not traveling together on the same Flight as the Insured AirAsia Guest, who are considered an Immediate Family Member or a next-of-kin:-

• their death,

• their hospitalization which is not anticipated at the date of flight purchase which requires the presence of the Insured AirAsia guest.

Exclusions Applicable To Section B(1)

No benefit will be provided for any loss resulting directly or indirectly (in whole or in part) from:

• criminal acts by the Insured or by the Covered Person;

• cancellation resulting from Civil or Foreign war, riot, popular movements, any pre-existing conditions, terrorist acts, any effect of a source of radioactivity, epidemics, pollution, natural catastrophes or climatic events (lack of snow, etc.).

I have only flown AirAsia X (D7) on 2 sectors, and so far I have yet to fly on the other sisters (AK, FD and QZ).

My only comment is that AirAsia should come out with a frequent traveller program (FFP) ala Virgin Velocity. I am sure more people will fly AirAsia if they have a FFP. The AA points from their credit card program is rubbish.

Guest Rahim Rani

Hi Guys,

I don't want to comment much on Air Asia...but lets take a look at these pics. Pictures tell a thousand words...so I don't have to write any word to describe it. :yahoo:

Makan Time

2139993638_6996698c41.jpg

Before Boarding Off...

2139993428_bbed2be520.jpg

My Ex-GF...guess which one?

2139210881_fc96b01892.jpg

Also My Ex-GF...

2139210725_7dd0aae52d.jpg

Open Day....Hari Raya... :drinks:

2139993070_9848d876fe.jpg

If you flying so long, this what will happen...!!!

2139992900_b39660ee96.jpg

Then, if you are tired, might as well you fly the plane with these modules...

SQ

2139992804_6c8948609b.jpg

2139210253_c298608927.jpg

Air Canada

2139210061_d9be01dfe0.jpg

B777

2139209907_8b0647196d.jpg

A340

2139209731_1e13eca50c.jpg

KLM Flight

2139209581_6997b27e36.jpg

2139209417_8f183d9a69.jpg

B744

2139209271_29452fa3d4.jpg

2139209189_3b8620167b.jpg

Walauwei...wish that guy is me...in flight companion...abis la that stewardess...

2139211075_f35574c21f_m.jpg

2139211075_f35574c21f_m.jpg

eh this guy from CNN right??dun worry ..that meaNS got plenty of camera crews that will ensure the safety of the stewardess..or maybe not.. :p

you should have blackmailed her with this pic before posting.. :lol:

you should have blackmailed her with this pic before posting.. :lol:

Haha, thats not airasia stewardess lah...not the same outfit.

My worst case with AK, urgently need to get to KUL when i was still in S'wak. The departing flight was cancelled, so i cancelled it got on MH instead. Then when coming back cancelled again. Once again urgent, so took MH... Back then flying with MH is still a pleasure but not now since the snack box fiasco!

My first experience with AK is just the beginning of the year KUL-TWU-KUL(NationalService). I'm very impressed!! New planes, friendly stewardesses.. LCCT is not exactly great though (spent a night there) felt like i'm Tom Hanks in The Terminal!

Nevertheless Air Asia i can say is a breath of fresh air. No more we are confined to expensive tickets just to get around. I think AK did many Malaysians a favour, making air travel affordable. I salute Tony for that!! My next flight is next may KUL-TWU-KUL just RM150 including taxes... cheaper than driving to Penang!

If the flight is cancelled by AirAsia, the airasia's responsibility is:

Cancellation, Changes of Schedules: At any time after a booking has been made we may change our schedules and/or cancel, terminate, divert, postpone reschedule or delay any flight where we reasonably consider this to be justified by circumstances beyond our control or for reasons of safety or commercial reasons. In the event of such flight cancellation, we shall at our option, either:

• carry you at the earliest opportunity on another of our scheduled services on which space is available without additional charge and, where necessary, extend the validity of your booking; or
  • should you choose to travel at another time, retain the value of your fare in a credit account for your future travel provided that you must re-book within three (3) months therefrom.

But, if you missed your flight/not showing up, the only refund you get is the airport tax, which is RM6 for domestic or RM25 for international each sector (from LCCT).

I have only flown AirAsia X (D7) on 2 sectors, and so far I have yet to fly on the other sisters (AK, FD and QZ).My only comment is that AirAsia should come out with a frequent traveller program (FFP) ala Virgin Velocity. I am sure more people will fly AirAsia if they have a FFP. The AA points from their credit card program is rubbish.
Yes!I agree with you..AirAsia should come out with frequent traveller programme...and AA points not too xpensive to redeem... :D
Haha, thats not airasia stewardess lah...not the same outfit.
hahaha..thats not airasia stewardess...just look at that chair..and uniform..different at all :rofl:

A bit too eager to press on during approach in bad weather where as other airliners are more prepared to hold or divert.

Just from personal experience.

AK is a LCC, promised little, customers have low expectation, as long as the air fare remains relatively cheap, AK is value for money and customers are happy.

MH claimed to be a 5 star airline but couldn’t deliver the promised ‘beyond expectation’ experience, hence, is not value for money and have many disappointed customers.

Compared with Cebu Pacific, AK can be improved by having assigned seat.

:drinks:

A bit too eager to press on during approach in bad weather where as other airliners are more prepared to hold or divert.

Just from personal experience.

WOW.....extremely observant. That's scratching the surface. If only certain technical and training views can be made public, then the full picture may be a little different....

Today my cousin miss her AK6321 flight to Kota Bharu at 1340hour.

This was happen because her involved in traffic jam somewhere in KL.

So,she arrived in LCCT at 1315 and she cannot check in.

That flight ticket just burn directly.

So,she bought a new ticket for AK6326 at RM280.

*Moral of this stories - "jangan gi lambat"

But this is her own mistakes..

Btw,if we used Skybus to LCCT and that bus involved in traffic jam,

is it the same things will happen?or they give a chance to enter the aircraft?

-anep-

Edited by Nabiel Haniff

All I expect from AK is some public services.Let the old and passengers with children go on board first,especially AK are using stairs.It's so dangerous when people make the rush to the plane....I know it's cheap,but not everybody can afford the extra RM 20 for Express boarding...They take AK flights because they can't afford MAS' ticket,so don't expect everybody to be able to buy the Express Boarding...These are the same people who gives you profit and enable you to buy 100 Airbus.So,give something back for them.That's all...

WOW.....extremely observant. That's scratching the surface. If only certain technical and training views can be made public, then the full picture may be a little different....

Is DCA cognizant of this?

Is DCA cognizant of this?

Cannot speak on their behalf. BTW, do you know how many AK pilots were ex-DCA QA inspectors?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. An airline is not just about profitability and popularity. There's another side to this coin.

Think about it.

Tired of an airline that charges RM106 one way (okay, minus RM9 for the airport tax for the debt-ridden MAHB) per way between Peninsular and Sabah & Sarawak, and that doesn't include the fare yet, .... but can only afford to dish out tantalising boxes of 'Sanwic' so passengers will be delighted by its glittering stars of a service?

Fret not! The much-hated Red airline will soon offer food many Malaysians can identify with :)

.......We're going to serve roti canai and chicken rice......

http://biz.thestar.com.my/bizweek/story.as...amp;sec=bizweek

Cannot speak on their behalf. BTW, do you know how many AK pilots were ex-DCA QA inspectors?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. An airline is not just about profitability and popularity. There's another side to this coin.

Think about it.

Care to elaborate oh you the most exalted one from youre periphery loft in MH management.There are lots of ex MH heavy jet drivers in AK,they also bicker about their former employer.Its no different,what more with all the rot and nipotism thats going on in MH.

Just because a person alledgedly witnessed an approach in bad weather followed by a landing,questions come to mind:

1.How did he know what was the actual reported wx at the time.

2.Is he a qualified person to comment on such matters (ie Test Pilot,FOSI DCA,QFI,TRI,Pro Pilot)

3.Heard rumors or hearsay from colleagues

4.Maybe an isolated incident.

Mind you in AK with the current fleet of A320s (214 & 216) there is an FDA team who monitors all flight parameters and is independant of flight ops,will report any spike in flight data (ie unstabilized app,high speed app and taxi,late configuration,hard landing etc).Im sure its the same in MAS.

By the way have you all noticed the spate of airturnbacks and aircraft going unserviceable in MH lately?

Sign in to follow this