MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Firefly Reschedules Flights

I wonder which machine conked out. I was on MGI just last Sunday.

===

December 18, 2007 21:03 PM

Firefly Reschedules Flights

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 18 (Bernama) -- Firefly has rescheduled several of its flights today following the grounding of one of its Fokker 50 aircraft for technical rectification.

"The aircraft was scheduled to operate its first flight at 7am from Subang to Johor Bahru.

"However, during pre-flight routine check, a flap component was found unserviceable and had to be replaced. The rectification is currently in progress," its chief operating officer, Ng Fook Meng, said in a statement here Tuesday.

Ng said arising from this situation, the flight from Subang was rescheduled and departed for Johor Bahru at 8.20am, which also required the rescheduling of several other flights for today.

Meanwhile, Firefly managing director, Eddy Leong, said the airline would continuously update its customers of the revised timings for flights through phone calls and short messaging services where such contact information has been registered in passenger booking records.

-- BERNAMA

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news_lite.php?id=303403

was at PEN two weeks ago..noticed one F50 on ground for 2 days...flights had to be rescheduled...noticed flights arrived from HKT and SZB as late at 0300...

FY is relatively new, especially its SZB service. For many it will be their first impression of FY, and with this kind of impression, I don't think many are impressed.

My flight on the inaugural service was great, my second was horrible. KUA-PEN cancelled, without the decency to inform beforehand. FY claimed they emailed me, but my inbox was void of any from FY.

Then they claimed they called me twice, one week before scheduled flight, but could not reach me. Then they did nothing for the rest of the remaining days until I arrived at KUA airport only to discover the flight was cancelled. Even MAHB info counter was complaining that FY keeps on changing its schedules every now and then.

Eventually FY put me on another flight the next day, again, without any decency of apologizing for the incompetence, just like some of their comrades at 1-300-88-3000.

My business now is exclusively on that RED airline (which strangely many people hate because its fares are low, I just don't know why!) until FY can prove it is worthy of an airline people can expect to deliver its services as promised.

Edited by Rozhan

My business now is exclusively on that RED airline (which strangely many people hate because its fares are low, I just don't know why!) until FY can prove it is worthy of an airline people can expect to deliver its services as promised.

Hehehe ... yeah, I'd give 2 thumbs up to this outfit too. Heck, I'm already booked for 3 of their destinations for next 6 mths - Banda Aceh, Padang & Krabi. I'm sure more coming. :D

:) Can't help but avail myself to their RM6 ++ tickets recently. Looking forward to a repeat trip to TWU in June, and this time for Sipadan Island. Other destinations to come in their next round of promotions. I just love the RED airline for taking me places!

i think FY is a great airline! i've got 2 tix booked on them and i can't wait for my maiden F50 flight. but it'll be nice if they could do something about having better PR next time if there's an event of a flight cancellation or delay. there was this one long report from a guy over in photomalaysia's forum.

http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38399

I think I'll wait for Firefly to receive their brand new ATR 72-500s before flying with them. They might have less problems (flight delays & cancellations) when they start flying their ATRs.

I think I'll wait for Firefly to receive their brand new ATR 72-500s before flying with them.

... and miss flying the F50 forever and ever? Aaaaahhhh.....

there was this one long report from a guy over in photomalaysia's forum.

http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38399

That was a really bad experience. Somehow confirms that FY's PR is in the pits.

I had to spend RM50 return taxi fare to KUA from Kuantan town on the day of the cancelled flight, and cancel my one night's stay at PEN just because the brilliant people at FY decided to play around and experiment with their schedules. In my case, it was when FY decided to cancel one of its twice daily KUA-PEN flights.

By the way, the flight attendents were great but I can't and won't be spending money on the airline just because of great FAs.

I think with the current fleet it cant cater to the current network expansion. Hope the ATR will ease the siatuation when it is delivered by next year.

Saturday December 22, 2007

The Star

Plane forced to fly back to Subang

PETALING JAYA: A Firefly flight to Kuala Terengganu returned to the Subang airport shortly after take-off because the flight captain noticed an irregularity in one of the engine’s functions.

Flight FY3210 carrying 48 passengers departed at 12.40pm yesterday. When the captain noticed the irregularity, he decided to return to Subang at 1pm.

The airline said in a statement that passengers were provided with snacks and refreshments before they were transferred to another Firefly aircraft to Kuala Terengganu. The plane left at 4.35pm.

Firefly’s managing director Eddy Leong apologised to the passengers for the disruption. “We wish to stress that passenger safety is our top priority and we will not compromise this aspect in our operations at all times,” he said.

Leong did not say what the “engine function irregularity” was.

===

9M-MGD Fire Fly 3rd Fokker did make an air turn back.

Right engine feathered...

9M-MGK to the rescue for SZB-TGG flight.

21dec079mmgk2523mwhe5.jpg

Sign in to follow this