MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Y. J. Foo

Subang Skypark Development Including New RM 1.5 Billion KTM Rail Link

Nice nice :good: Hope this will give Firefly more business

Hope they will be an A&W there :D

Remember the good days of having a root beer whilst looking down the anjung tinjau?

Good times.

+ cafeteria (with foods at affordable price)

and hopefully Eurocopter will change their hangar walls to see-tru fibreglass sheets... :p

Norman, the hangar's shud be taken down sometime soon or in the near future.

Hope they will be an A&W there :D

Jani, just like you i was hoping for A&W.

But tht place has now been taken over by BUTLER'S. SOmething quite similar to A&W.

I think there mite also be a cafeteria upstairs. So far no sign of one just yet.

On a side note. Vista Jets currently have 3 aircraft which are mainly used to do flights in and out of subang.

They are:

OE-INP CL-605

OE-INI CL-605

OE-ILI CRJ

Edited by Raj

Thanks for the pics, wonder if there's any change to the exterior of T3?

There will be SV. They are putting up new and fancy panels to replace the old ones.

Nice pics Sofian..Hope tomorrow night we snap more and more pictures and share with you all..

I just cant believe my eyes. Sudden changed! more photos please...

I just come back from TGG (Mini Historic Flight) then i try to fulfill your request

DSC03516.jpg

DSC03517.jpg

DSC03519.jpg

DSC03520.jpg

DSC03523.jpg

DSC03524.jpg

DSC03525.jpg

My 2 bits from today ...

Check-in counters located at same spot as the old ones, facing main entrance (still closed).

img6247ur5.jpg

Looking at the stairs/escalators going up to 1st floor and the spot where old FIDS was installed. To the right Maybank and CIMB.

img6246xw7.jpg

Thanks for sharing the great shots of T3! It sure looks good. Looking at this and the Senai airport makes you think that others can sure do a better job than MAB.

whoaaa..dats a complete makeover!!is terminal 3 the same building as the one with the new 'shell' exterior i saw in an artist impression the other day?

the contractor told me, the departure concourse will be open on 10 November

Alan, you still remember Siew Ling? i have special pic for u, i will upload the pic soon.. (after mini historic post finish)

the contractor told me, the departure concourse will be open on 10 November

Pyan get invitation for "open/launching ceremony" don't forget to roger me ea.. :D :D ..

Edited by Ashmil Abd Ghani

IMO, looks better than LCCT. I wonder if there's any plans to change the car park rates.

Pyan get invitation for "open/launching ceremony" don't forget to roger me ea.. :D :D ..

i think no open ceremony will be held, they just open a portion of terminal.

maybe the launching ceremony will be held after all refurbishment done.

img07_terminalconcourse.jpg

Terminal Concourse should be open on this November

img02_skyparkentranceday.jpg

T3 Terminal will be operated on this December

img01_srisubangstationplatform.jpg

For me, no need to create new KTM commuter rail network to Subang,

better extend the LRT Kelana Jaya Line from RapidKL HQ in Subang... save cost

see map below

map.jpg

looks like those optics light deco (not sure what's its exactly called) where the light glows brighter at the end..

before that it was hanged loosely downwards, just like short and white fishing lines. then they pulled it up to it's postion and looked nice now.. :)

if im not mistaken, there is an old railway track near the old terminal 1.

There is. I think it was used to carry fuel to the fuel farm next to bay 1 of T1 Subang International.

interested to know what happened to the original arrival hall..? any photos? before this...they would be local folks playing badminton and ping pong during night time

interested to know what happened to the original arrival hall..? any photos? before this...they would be local folks playing badminton and ping pong during night time

Fairul, here the latest picture (17/11/2008)

17112008066.jpg

New seat

17112008067.jpg

New Check In Counter

if im not mistaken, there is an old railway track near the old terminal 1. you should be able to spot it on google earth too. maybe they're planning to connect that from the KTM line since the infrastructure is there already.

It has always been connected to the KTM Port Klang line since its construction in 1983. The station there is KTM's "Sri Subang" and the line was used to transport jet fuel. It has now fallen into disuse but Subang Skypark is planning to revive it.

The terminal building all cantiklah the big but is where the hack is the parking lot???How i look foward to fly off from subang but when i consider the parking situation its such a turn off!!They need a few long term parking lots with reasonable rates.Like $30 a day.So if decide to fly off for the weekend i can just leave the car at the airport.

For me, no need to create new KTM commuter rail network to Subang,

better extend the LRT Kelana Jaya Line from RapidKL HQ in Subang... save cost

I am actually in the same page as yours. But our railway expert Mr. H Azmal once laughed at me for asking him on why the Kelana Jaya LRT line was not extended to SZB. He said the line is going on a different direction based on the Government's masterplan and it would be a waste of resources to have the extra 5 km new rail line extended from the Subang Depoh to SZB. I seriously think the terminal should have a direct connection with the LRT, but as always, public transportation in Malaysia sucks big time.

I never claim myself to be an expert, in fact, I do not see myself as one. :) There are a couple of fellows at a certain forum who seem to think that they are though, so much so that they claim to represent us on matters of public transport! :D

The LRT line extension was planned to go into Subang some time before the current 'revival' of SZB. The experts here will no doubt correct me, but to curve out from the current alignment to go to SZB, while not a total impossibility, have to give consideration to a few things. Two things that come to my mind are the overhead taxiway to the hangar area (yes, I don't know what is the proper term for that :) ) that crosses Jalan Lapangan Terbang and the simple little fact of volume justification. Sure we have lots of people going to and from the airport, and some people living around Subang Perdana / Permai, or folks from Batu Tiga can come over and park to take the LRT to the city. Subang Jaya however has more population and more stops can be justifiably built serving more people which in turn justifies the extension. Cost per kilometer, people!

I am more in favour of a new line, say the future Cheras - Kota Damansara LRT/MRT, going to SZB and perhaps terminating at Subang Perdana. It is still in the planning stage so whatever that needs to be included can be included without later incurring extra cost. It's always easier on the pocket to have something planned from the start than to add it on later.

Hi, just to share the aerial view of subang airport and its surrouding development, taken recently at 1500ft from the back seat of cessna 172. Seen here the old terminal 1 lot is taken by Boeing Factory if I'm not mistaken.

I flew their represantative from USA to take their factory aerial view. Some lower shot couldnt be posted here.

DSC_0152.jpg