MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Y. J. Foo

Subang Skypark Development Including New RM 1.5 Billion KTM Rail Link

Those sketches are beautiful. I like the new design of the Terminal 3. But, I do agree with you guys that the RM35 grand to refurbished all as stated in the sketches is way too impossible. It will much more and cost a bomb for them to redo again.

Tuesday May 13, 2008

Vistajet to invest RM192m in SkyPark Subang

KUALA LUMPUR: A private jet company VistaJet plans to invest US$60mil (RM192mil) in SkyPark Subang under its plan to make Kuala Lumpur its regional base for Asia.

VistaJet’s commitment to Malaysia and the Asian region involves an initial US$60mil investment where two Bombardier Challengers (the Challenger 605 and a Challenger 604) will be permanently based in Subang SkyPark.

Its decision to make Subang its regional headquarters was based on Malaysia’s vision and commitment to develop its business aviation industry, the company said in a statement.

This was also in line with the company’s plans for expansion in which it wants its aircraft to serve the Asian region on a more permanent and regular basis.

Subang SkyPark Sdn Bhd Executive Director Datuk Ravindran Menon said Malaysia has enjoyed a very successful commercial aviation industry but what was missing was corporate aviation that seemed to lack focus.

“This was something we needed to kickstart and that brought us together with VistaJet, and within a span of just two months, we have successfully created a world class FBO (fixed based operations) in Subang to serve corporate and general aviation needs,” he said.

VistaJet made its maiden revenue flight out of the newly-completed Subang SkyLounge on May 1.

Located at Terminal 3 in Subang, the SkyLounge is a separate, exclusive and private wing featuring meeting rooms, a luxury lounge with food and beverage facilities for private jet passengers, a private VVIP lounge, a cigar lounge, a bar, kitchenette, toilets, shower and changing room facilities, a gym, surau as well as a crew lounge and rest area.

It also houses its own immigration, customs and quarantine (ICQ) facilities for absolute convenience. Vehicles access to the SkyLounge is also via a separate entrance for uncompromised privacy and security.

When fully operational, passengers of all private jets and aircraft, in bound to Malaysia or outbound, will embark and disembark at the SkyLounge.

-The Star

Edited by MIR

Seems that the T1 site is not included in the Subang SkyPark development.

skyparkdev.jpg

Looks like it will be empty for the next..10 years???

Seems that the T1 site is not included in the Subang SkyPark development.

Looks like it will be empty for the next..10 years???

I see major construction there now. What for, dunno.

thanks for the info Naim,

good to hear that something is coming up!

Maybe they have started work on the convention centre once again? That was the original plan when T1 was demolished.

DSC00438a.jpg

This picture was taken at the road leading to the former Terminal 1 (now cendol/rojak stall). Wanted to go nearer to the gate to take pictures of the construction but the security guards didn't allow me. Will try again another day. :pardon:

Anyway the project details as stated on the noticeboard :

CADANGAN MEMBINA SEBUAH KILANG KOMPONEN KOMPOSIT KAPAL TERBANG 1 TINGKAT YANG MENGANDUNGI 1 TINGKAT RUANT PEJABAT BERSERTA 3 UNIT PONDOK PENGAWAL, 2 UNIT TEMPAK LETAK KERETA BERBUMBUNG, 2 UNIT TEMPAT LETAK MOTOSIKAL .....DI ATAS BAHAGIAN LOT PUSAT AEROANGKASA MALAYSIA [AIRCRAFT COMPOSIT COMPONENTS PLANT]

The uncompleted structure looks like a warehouse type structure..don't think its part of the Skypark project.

I saw in the news regarding Sky Park Airport @ WMSA and estimated to be complete by november this year?

any news fellas?

I saw in the news regarding Sky Park Airport @ WMSA and estimated to be complete by november this year?

any news fellas?

It's in a real mess nowadays. Was there early last week and twice today to pick up kids. From the T3 entrance, there's a 'tunnel' leading straight to the check-in area. Workmen and noise everywhere.

any news fellas?

Well not the whole project tho.

Most likely it will only be phase 1. In total, there are 3 phases. The ompletion of all 3 phases are scheduled for 2010 or 2011. There was an article about skypark in last saturday or sunday's star paper.

FIREFLY WILL GET NEW HOME SOON
what i can says, the new T3 Terminal look elegant, modern & style

Yesterday i had chance to visit Departure Concourse Subang T3.
The upgrading work almost completed (see pic below)

DSC03420.jpg
#1 Toilet

DSC03418.jpg
#2 Signboard

07102008924.jpg
#3 The ceiling lamp like 'kelip-kelip' synonym to FireFly

DSC03417.jpg
#4 From anjung tinjau

07102008920.jpg
#5 This place would be upgraded as anjung tinjau (viewing gallery)

DSC03423.jpg
#6 Look nice

Thanks for the pics, Sofian. My next SZB visit is this Sunday. Looking fwd to the new look. :)

nice makeover!

Agreed with Mushrif, hope they'll be able to maintain it well....

Hope they will be an A&W there :D

Remember the good days of having a root beer whilst looking down the anjung tinjau?

Good times.

Hope they will be an A&W there :D

Remember the good days of having a root beer whilst looking down the anjung tinjau?

Good times.

Like old PEN :rolleyes: :rolleyes: