MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Rumour: Emirates to Serve Denpasar Bali Soon!

Good day,

My 5th rumour thread and the first one regarding a carrier other than MH.

I just returned from a trip to Jakarta to meet an A.Netter and my EK friend. A lot of discussions came out and one of them is about EK, which will serve DPS soon.

However, no information about frequency/aircraft type or even whether it is a non stop service from DXB or via a South East Asia's point (BKK/SIN/KUL) ala QR's DOH-KUL-DPS.

My bet is on the latter but maybe not KUL, unfortunately.

The rumour that EK will serve DPS was circling around in late 2007. I was told about it by my schoolmate, who is a flight atttendant with the airline. But somehow it is still not materialised.

I think DPS will not be in EK's network in the nearest future. Being an entirely leisure destination, airlines would really have to consider before venturing in, as yield will not be good. As for EK, considering the de-tag strategy that was taken recently with the termination of KUL-CGK-KUL and SIN-CGK-SIN tag-ons to give way for more direct non stop services from DXB, I doubt that DPS will be paired with another destination too, if it is started.

Finally after 4 years in the rumour mill, my spy from the EK Harem is finally confirming that EK will finally arrive in Bali in Winter season 2011.

Service to DPS will be via SIN unfortunately (a lot of people thought it is going to be via KUL).

I hope to hear official announcement from the airline soon.

QR already flied DOH-KUL-DPS and vv 4x a week. Perhaps they may route DPS via SIN or a direct link with DXB.

QR already serves DPS from SIN daily.

What are the chances of these Gulf carriers serving PEN (even LGK)? After HKT and DPS, surely our islands are next in the top list for vacationing Arabs, in this part of the world anyway.

QR already serves DPS from SIN daily.

Kuhan's reply above was made before QR shifted the DPS tag-on from KUL to SIN. This is a 4 years old thread. Things happened along the way.

What are the chances of these Gulf carriers serving PEN (even LGK)? After HKT and DPS, surely our islands are next in the top list for vacationing Arabs, in this part of the world anyway.

Rumours are flying around that EK is studying the feasibility of starting PEN. Fellow member nastar who is a QR insider mentioned this in the Middle Eastern Airlines thread:

Dont get surprise if QR starts PEN and/or BKI operation in near future as we have started venturing into secondary/underserved cities.

No speculation please.

So we'll see. PEN is definitely on top of the list.

More confirmation.

Emirates to add Bali/DPS as addon to the new DXBSIN flight starting Oct? I guess QR couldn't getaway with DPS alone forever!

Sign in to follow this