MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Alan B.

New MH route map...... with two Perths

In this months Going Places, the proof reader seems to have missed this mistake....

DSCF0011-3.jpg

In this months Going Places, the proof reader seems to have missed this mistake....

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa250/b.../DSCF0011-3.jpg

The geographical location for Broome looks pretty wrong,I think its more to Alice Springs than to Broome.Broome should be on the north West of Australia in the Kimberley Plateu.that shows again how serious is dato IJ and his spindoctors are missguiding the malaysian public.Yesterday (9/12/07) there was a massive tropical storm in Sydney and the airport was closed to all traffic.heard that when I was flying back from OOL to KUL.Lots of aircraft were diverted from Sydney to other airports,OOL included.In fact for the flight from OOL to KUL,encountered lots of turbulence and weather from the VOR at TAM/Taroom ,all along the airways A464 until TN/Tindal ,South of Darwin.We were cruising at FL380 and later climbed at TN to FL400 but were still affected by the weather system.

I do recall reading in Kelvin's thread here somewhere something about the separate terminal buildings at PER being quite far apart from each other :p

this looks like the sort of map, a stereotypical sydney sider would draw!

As Azmir said, Broome is where Alice Springs should be, and the 2nd Perth is where Esperance is!

So embarassing!!! :angry: Granted many non-OZ probably never heard of Broome but having 2 Perths is just plain stupid.

Once I emailed AK webmaster about their interactive route map - Sultan Ismail Petra Airport (Senai). Johor royalty won't be pleased that Kelantan stole their airport :rolleyes:

this looks like the sort of map, a stereotypical sydney sider would draw!

:blink: Does it mean how ignorant a typical Sydneysider can get?

My flight from Sydney to Adelaide was delayed for more than an hour yesterday due to the storm.

Apparently we were told that the blue lights on the aerobridges were blinking and that's a indication for the ground staffs to remain indoors due to lightning ? That's what we were told by the Inflight Services Manager onboard our flights as we remained in the aircraft throughout the period. Was he correct, Liam ?

About time to make an A in Geography a requirement to work with the airlines. Embarassing!

SV, Sydneysiders while most a very nice people have been known to think only about Sydney when its come their nation. I've lost how many times when asked where i'm from in Sydney, they give a blank look when I say Perth!

Sing Yew, very true. Very bad storm in Sydney caused heaps of damage! When lightning is present within 5nm (10nm for some operators) of an airport, then it is a requirement to evacuate the ramp area.

embarrassing... enough said!

this is not a form-3 geography coursework where u could make such mistakes...

The geographical location for Broome looks pretty wrong,I think its more to Alice Springs than to Broome.Broome should be on the north West of Australia in the Kimberley Plateu.that shows again how serious is dato IJ and his spindoctors are missguiding the malaysian public.

Check out AK inflight mag and go to route map. And see Jakarta in southern Sumatra. :)

I dont know who is in charge but there shoud be someone who does the proof reading before it was pubished rite? Let's see if this mistake will be repeated in the January Going Places....such a ashame

Edited by Kenneth T

SV, Sydneysiders while most a very nice people have been known to think only about Sydney when its come their nation. I've lost how many times when asked where i'm from in Sydney, they give a blank look when I say Perth!

Haha, I see Liam, over here in NZ, Aucklanders are probably quite similar to Sydneysider in that sense. 1/3 of Kiwis live in Auckland and hence Aucklanders are known as "JAFAs" in other parts of the country due to the mentality that "Auckland is the only city in NZ", the rest are just towns. (JAFA - Just Another Freaking Aucklander). I have been a JAFA for 3 years now :pardon:

One thing I noticed while in Sydney, people give you a blank look when you say "Hi". If you go to VIC and QLD, people are more friendly there! Apologies for stereotyping people a little bit....

Edited by S V Choong

Guest Michael

Now this is sad seeing that I live in Perth myself I am disappointed I am actually contracted to MAS for cleaning on the aircraft.

About time to make an A in Geography a requirement to work with the airlines. Embarassing!

Captain, try asking your cabin crew to point out destinations that they fly too. I bet you most of them can't. I remember an IFS asking crew on a Chennai flight to show where it was on the India map. Half failed.

I witness the following conversation on board a flight to FRA

PAX: Are we over german airspace yet?

MH FSS: Sorry sir, we are going to Frankfurt not German!

I witness the following conversation on board a flight to FRA

PAX: Are we over german airspace yet?

MH FSS: Sorry sir, we are going to Frankfurt not German!

:shok: i guess this is the joke of the day :D , no offence but as a fs or even fss , one would need at least basic knowledge about geography , well i guess the fss only have the knowledge of which destination they are bounding without knowing the country of the destination . :rofl:

alan , so how's the reaction of the passenger ??

Cartographic errors aside, why would anyone fly PER-SYD on DJ, then connect to MH SYD-KUL?? I'm all for DJ/MH codesharing on the east coast but PER seems rather strange :pardon:

alan , so how's the reaction of the passenger ??

He was dumbfounded. I stepped in an apologised and told him that were we all ready in German airspace. I pulled the FSS back to the galley to give her a lesson in geography. I then asked her if she new which country was our next destination, Vienna located. Off course she didn't. When I said Austria, she went " Oh Australia". This is a true and not made up ok! No joke!

Sign in to follow this