MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

KLIA Masterplan

Got back from LGK last Friday late afternoon and on Saturday morning off to Penang for a bit of ...

img8473sm7.jpg

Ooops ... sorry, OT, thot this was the pasembur thread. :pardon:

Anyway, here's the latest rendition of MAB's masterplan of KLIA (with 5 runways!), as displayed at their LIMA booth last week. Also note the permanent LCCT. :D

img7585oe9.jpg

img7579yl1.jpg

impressive :blink: .. and very ambitious...

yeah which one is the new lcct? the one opposite MTB? i'd appreciate if someone could label those buildings with what they're meant to be...

how about access roads... got tunnels ke?

Edited by zaki

If this is going to be the permanent LCCT, I would imagine how costly it can be considering the size. It is bigger than the MTB itself AFTER getting its second satellite. The design reminds me of PEK's Terminal 3, with an island terminal and 2 entry/exit main terminals at both end, connected by subway.

This is perhaps just another 'imaginary' dream of MAHB. Too ambitious yet too unrealistic.

Why can't they just do something about the original design and build the LCCT at the proposed 2nd satellite site?

Azizul, i guess not the entire thingy is the permanent LCCT, look carefully. The master plan contain another MTB opposite of the current one and a cooler satellite building on the opposite, and reserving the land for another cool satellite and at the bottom right will be the 3rd MTB building. The permanant LCCT should be the one on the right hand side beside the new runway. It is real thou to build the LCCT (with all the taxiway and infrastructure now) will be very costly.

Why can't they just do something about the original design and build the LCCT at the proposed 2nd satellite site?

Probably because at the proposed 2nd satellites site, one has to dig out a tunnel all the way from MTB, Taxiway, and probably runway too. Unless the LCC (read: AK) want to use the MTB for check-in counters an then used the aerotrain to 2nd satellites building.

Guys, according to the original plan of the KLIA by the architect, Kisho Kurokawa, 5 runways were drawn on his masterplan and it was in the exact same location of this latest masterplan by MAB.

Edited by S V Choong

Probably because at the proposed 2nd satellites site, one has to dig out a tunnel all the way from MTB, Taxiway, and probably runway too. Unless the LCC (read: AK) want to use the MTB for check-in counters an then used the aerotrain to 2nd satellites building.

The KUL master plan is for 100 to 110 million ppa excluding budget terminal.

Existing tunnel is built for the first and second satellite terminals.

Remote terminal like the satellite is not idea for a hub as the distance between the check-in counter and boarding gate is considerable more than single roof design and transport vehicle is needed.

Don’t understand why remote terminal is still planned for the 2nd MTB. As the way MAHB is going, it will take another 20 to 40 years before they need to build the 2nd MTB unless LCC to occupy the 2nd MTB.

:drinks:

Plan is plan, without an action it is still too early to talk. Furthermore, based on the past experience, any masterplan can be changed to suit any interest party's needs.

Btw, it is great if this masterplan can be materialised eventually.

i still kenot really understand the orientation of the plan , but according to my little knowledge , let say in xxx year , KUl really transform into this , OBT hill by that time will be history right??

i still kenot really understand the orientation of the plan , but according to my little knowledge , let say in xxx year , KUl really transform into this , OBT hill by that time will be history right??

nope, but Wx station will be.... :cray:

slight modification from the original plan which planned to have a mirror MTB and another 2 satellite buildings. five runways was the total that they planned - this will let them serve 100 million pax/year.

LCCT for cheap airline like AA, which paid cheap rent so what you get is kandang kerbau, anyhow people just spend less then an hour in the terminal b4 boarding ac.

Doubt if TF want to spend more paying fees if MAB upgrade the LCCT...that why the Tunes people came up with suggestion to re-developed Subang. This one maybe the gov.will consider.

Why need 5 runways?? They airport is not busy at all.

What's wrong with you people? The 5 runways are not going to be ready tomorrow, next week, or even next year and maybe, not even next decade. It is the masterPLAN to cater for some 100m+ pax. They may or may not be built and if they are built, the airport will be busy enough to justify them.

:yahoo: thanks for the photos bro...but i'm just curious...which is which...

What's wrong with you people? The 5 runways are not going to be ready tomorrow, next week, or even next year and maybe, not even next decade. It is the masterPLAN to cater for some 100m+ pax. They may or may not be built and if they are built, the airport will be busy enough to justify them.

Mushrif, not everyone understands what a masterplan is ;)

This grand masterplan is only showing the full fledge development if there is a need to it. The whole masterplan won't be developed at one go, more likely to be developed under a few staged development.

5 runway?!! that's interesting...yum yum yum...doesn't matter as to how many runway they're planning to have as long as there is runway, that's good enough for spotters...hehehe! :clapping:

I can see this happening when,

a) Changi sank into the sea.

b ) Suvarnabhumi sank into the swamp.

Edited by Ahmad M

Guest Michael

Hello everybody I am all for KLIA to expand as Changi is just taking off and KLIA can not be left behind right?

Sign in to follow this