MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin Yii

Bintulu Spotting.

Someone manage to sneak into the cockpit hehehe nice :drinks:

Guest novemberion
Ermmm..yeah. What I meant is positive rate, gears up!. Hehehe. :pardon:

Another addition form the event.

Exclusive from the cabin of 9M-ATM. Executive jet of Sarawak Chief Minister. Thats the Captain who flies the aircraft.

cimg4196.jpg

The flight deck..sorry it's quite blurry.. :pardon:

cimg4201.jpg

view of GGIFA aircraft from the right hand seat...

cimg4200.jpg

9M-ATM (Abdul Taib Mahmud)

Some updates...pardon my night/sunset shots...first time lol.

dsc91911.jpg

dsc91941.jpg

Bro.. just one reminder.. dont whack that new plane ok.. :rolleyes:

Rare visitor with 'Heavy' added to the call sign will be in Bintulu this Tuesday 14th July.

what what what any more details?

Rare visitor with 'Heavy' added to the call sign will be in Bintulu this Tuesday 14th July.

Hope its true this time...they were supposed to come last 30th June but somehow they didnt come at all :(

Hope its true this time...they were supposed to come last 30th June but somehow they didnt come at all :(

How heavy? :p

spotting time Delwin kekeke!

Can anyone tell me the registrations of the GGIFA Senecas at Bintulu?

I believe they have at least five but I can only find details of four 9M-GAM, 9M-GAR, 9M-GLJ, 9M-GTM.

Geoff

Very heavy indeed...like 747 heavy? Go spot guys...2 more flights coming!! Duh...i'm a little late posting this...

Maskargo sees turnaround in 2010

Published: 2009/07/14

MALAYSIA Airlines Cargo Sdn Bhd (Maskargo) sees a turnaround of its cargo volume in the second half of 2010 in line with the recovery of global economic conditions.

Its general manager of business development and sales (cargo), Mohd Yunus Idris, said the company saw a 28 per cent contraction in cargo volume in the first half year of 2009 against the same period last year.

Demand from its main market, China, fell by more than 30 per cent, he said.

"We see a light at the end of the tunnel. We see some flattening at the bottom. There is not really a jump yet but we''ve seen the bottom flattened," he told a group of reporters at the Bintulu Airport in Bintulu today.

Maskargo, the air cargo division of Malaysian Airlines, was now looking into aggressively marketing its charter services, Mohd Yunus said.

He said the company was currently receiving at least 12 enquiries per day globally.

"They (the enquiries) come as far as Rio De Janeiro and Buenos Aires but we don't fly there," Mohd Yunus said.

"The one we are working very hard on is originating from Australia and we also have enquiries from the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries. And then we have enquiries from Bintulu. That's why we are focusing on Bintulu," he said.

On another development, Mohd Yunus said that Maskargo had secured a fifth freedom flight to Indonesia.

"What actually happened is that we are allowed to uplift cargo from Australia and discharge them in Jakarta and at the same time, we uplift cargo from Jakarta. This goes together with the passengers," he said.

Maskargo today successfully transported two out of six motor ball valves weighing 22 tonnes each from Frankfurt, Germany, to Bintulu.

The two motor ball valves were flown from Frankfurt directly into Bintulu using a B747-400 freighter aircraft.

The remaining four valves will be flown using Maskargo's B747-400F aircraft on August 4 and 11 subsequently.

The motor ball valves were developed by Franz Schuck GmbH Ltd and are mainly used in pipeline stations and offshore platforms as shut-off devices for gas, oil, water and other products.

The motor ball valves were transported by trucks by Air Marine Cargo Agency Sdn Bhd to the Petronas oil and gas processing factory in Bintulu.

Maskargo operates four B747-200F, two B747-400F and one A300-600F aircraft, covering the world''s major cargo hubs.

It also offers belly space capacity on Malaysia Airlines passenger fleet, serving almost 100 destinations worldwide. - Bernama

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

We even received permission to enter the aircraft :yahoo:

The cargo hold

DSCF4204.jpg

Cockpit shot

DSCF4205.jpg

Many thanks to the Captain for the permission to enter the aircraft :D

nice photos you've there! Great shots! Any other photos like where the crews rest? or even the stair would be interesting!

Del, very very very nice stuff you have there, very rare to see them open up their nose cargo door.. !!! Ada lagi?? more more more!!

Can anyone tell me the registrations of the GGIFA Senecas at Bintulu?

I believe they have at least five but I can only find details of four 9M-GAM, 9M-GAR, 9M-GLJ, 9M-GTM.

Geoff

9M-GGS .. cheers :)