MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
zaki

Air Asia X

It has been more than a month since the 1st Air Asia X flight to Gold Coast. So, I'm curious to know how do they perform so far? I hope the load is always good :clapping:

Any news/facts anyone?

Edited by zaki

Well, they must be doing well because I tried to get a ticket to go home this month but apparently almost all the dates have been booked out. So I think they are doing well

Yep, they are fully booked out till January somewhere. You cannot get a single seat. Even though they are already at full capacity, they are going to lower their fares a bit next year...I guess to ensure a good load after the holiday season.

I haven't heard anything about passenger opinion recently.

don't worry, it will be going down into pieces soon. they're planning to utilise the 12hour break on ground too by adding another flight soon. it would be max throttle for the pityful 330 and we shall look what happens then.

Yep, they are fully booked out till January somewhere. You cannot get a single seat. Even though they are already at full capacity, they are going to lower their fares a bit next year...

good to hear that :clapping:

they're planning to utilise the 12hour break on ground too by adding another flight soon.

so where next? somewhere in china i suppose...

they were supposed to be doing the dubai charters which i heard got postponed. it would eventually be done (hopefully?) and hence the additional utilisation of the aircraft. as for hangzhou, it will take some time before it gets finalised - close but not yet.

I believe the latest is that D7 will be doing the Dhaka route, help to alleviate the backlog of Bangladeshi migrant workers waiting to come over

I believe the latest is that D7 will be doing the Dhaka route, help to alleviate the backlog of Bangladeshi migrant workers waiting to come over

:blink: Huh? Could you elabortate please, BC.

December 10, 2007 11:48 AM

Air Asia X Starts Carrying Bangladeshi Workers To Malaysia

DHAKA, Dec 10 (Bernama) -- The Air Asia X, one of the designated airlines from Malaysia has started operation recently on charter basis to carry workers for employment in Malaysia, the Bangladesh news agency BSS reported Sunday.

The Airline has arranged for more flights for quick transportation of the workers, who have been waiting for long due to lack of flight schedule, a press release said.

"The main objective of bringing the airlines to Bangladesh is to quick transportation of Bangladeshi workers to Kuala Lumpur who have been stranded here due to lack of flight schedule," said Noman Chowdhury, chairman Celebrity Tours and Travels.

The charter flights have been arranged by Celebrity Tours and Travels the local agent of the company.

According to the local agent, weekly five chartered flights would be operated on the route on Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

The Air Asia X, is a sister concern of Malaysia's prominent airline Air Asia. The new airlines have started operating flights first between Malaysia and Australia.

Bangladesh are the second destination of the company.

-- BERNAMA

:blink: Huh? Could you elabortate please, BC.

Apparently quite a few Bangladeshi nationals engaged by companies in Pen Malaysia to work in plantations, factories etc All ready to come over but unable to currently due to very limited seat capacity on Dhaka-KL route. So, Air Asia X will apparently be providing the extra capacity by way of charters to bring them all in ..... well, that is my understanding of the story anyway

(And there you see, Naim has graciously furnished a much more elegantly worded piece before me :D )

Edited by BC Tam

The Airline has arranged for more flights for quick transportation of the workers, who have been waiting for long due to lack of flight schedule, a press release said.
Schedule and Biman should always be used loosely in the same sentence! I wonder if there on time record has ever moved up 1%! And from what I understand, GMG's record isn't too flash either.

Apparently quite a few Bangladeshi nationals engaged by companies in Pen Malaysia to work in plantations, factories etc All ready to come over but unable to currently due to very limited seat capacity on Dhaka-KL route. So, Air Asia X will apparently be providing the extra capacity by way of charters to bring them all in ..... well, that is my understanding of the story anyway

(And there you see, Naim has graciously furnished a much more elegantly worded piece before me )

Thanks to you both. Incresingly sourcing labourer must have become a difficult task in Malaysia. A good sign of showing improvement in the lifestyle of Malaysian. 9M-XAA will be a busy bird for now, any idea when the second or third A330 for Air Asia X will turn up?

Thanks to you both. Incresingly sourcing labourer must have become a difficult task in Malaysia. A good sign of showing improvement in the lifestyle of Malaysian. 9M-XAA will be a busy bird for now, any idea when the second or third A330 for Air Asia X will turn up?

9M-XAA is on longterm lease from AWAS (6 years lease).A/c no.1 and 2 will arrive from Airbus SAS in Sept ans Nov 2008 respectively.The DAC charters are already up and running.Will be flown 4 times a week during downtime before flights to OOL.Flight nimbers are D7 2994 and return D7 2995.AirAsiaX/XAX/D7 is planning to lease 2 x A340-300 for direct flights to Europe and London-Stansted,hopefully the operation will be up and running by Nov 2008.

9M-XAA is on longterm lease from AWAS (6 years lease).A/c no.1 and 2 will arrive from Airbus SAS in Sept ans Nov 2008 respectively.The DAC charters are already up and running.Will be flown 4 times a week during downtime before flights to OOL.Flight nimbers are D7 2994 and return D7 2995.AirAsiaX/XAX/D7 is planning to lease 2 x A340-300 for direct flights to Europe and London-Stansted,hopefully the operation will be up and running by Nov 2008.

so now the ICAO code is XAX, not XFA??

Hoo..no wonder XAA sometimes at gate B2

...quick transportation of Bangladeshi workers to Kuala Lumpur.."Celebrity" Tours and Travels

:rofl: :rofl: pardon the pun..The f/a's better wear pants!

Edited by Nick R.

According to a employment agency friend;

Over 100,000 calling visa were issued to Bangladeshi workers. Each of these Bangladeshi paid RM2,000 to Malaysian employment agencies for job placement. However, most of these job placements are bogus, Bangladeshi were not met upon arrival hence thousands were left stranded at KUL and various ‘transit’ camps, and are repatriated eventually with Malaysian tax payers.

Conservatively, it will take about a year for the rest of calling visa holders to arrive and repatriated. Hence, all flights to and from DAC are fully booked.

As everyone in the loop is happy with the arrangement, hence no one is complaining or doing anything about it. Of course, only those with cable can obtain work permits to make ‘quick’ money.

:drinks:

December 10, 2007 11:48 AM

Air Asia X Starts Carrying Bangladeshi Workers To Malaysia

DHAKA, Dec 10 (Bernama) -- The Air Asia X, one of the designated airlines from Malaysia has started operation recently on charter basis to carry workers for employment in Malaysia, the Bangladesh news agency BSS reported Sunday.

"The main objective of bringing the airlines to Bangladesh is to quick transportation of Bangladeshi workers to Kuala Lumpur who have been stranded here due to lack of flight schedule," said Noman Chowdhury, chairman Celebrity Tours and Travels.

The charter flights have been arranged by Celebrity Tours and Travels the local agent of the company.

According to the local agent, weekly five chartered flights would be operated on the route on Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

The Air Asia X, is a sister concern of Malaysia's prominent airline Air Asia. The new airlines have started operating flights first between Malaysia and Australia.

Bangladesh are the second destination of the company.

-- BERNAMA

I couldn't understand a word written by this reporter... I had to read it at least 3 times...

Does it mean the A330 fly to Bangladesh with empty load ?

May be they can send some foreign workers back to home town.....

if AKX can have a chartered flight to bangladesh, serve it on KUL-KCH la.. they can reduce price, hence, i can go back home every week..

Current AK is having 10 flights per day which is roughly 1800 seats per day from each direction, still not enough?

At the moment they are having $6.00 OW++ sales for KUL-KCH for travel from May - Oct, well this is the best time for you to grab your weekly balik kampung tickets.

if AKX can have a chartered flight to bangladesh, serve it on KUL-KCH la.. they can reduce price, hence, i can go back home every week..

Just to inform everyone here again,AirAsiaX is D7/XAX and not AKX.Previously we were using XFA when the company was known as Fly Asian Express,now it has changed to AirAsiaX.For charter ops ,the company that hires AirAsiaX to do the charter will have to pay bothways,eventhough the load is from DAC to KUL.If you have doubts you can ask our MAS/MH charter division manager.

251156.jpg

Just read that Air Algerie is due to lease A343 9M-XAB (MSN 273) from AirAsia X.

Not sure when this will come into effect. As both of D7's A343s are no longer in active service, the writing is already on the wall...

Sign in to follow this