MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

The red blue logo is so much nicer.. More representative of our colourful and multicultural background.

The red blue logo is so much nicer.. More representative of our colourful and multicultural background.

The blue logo is a reminder of the era when the red was sucked-out by you-know-who.

Relax guys! I think MH pained the blue colour on the first A380 is meant for the promotion, just like the Hibiscus livery.

I am so confused now. Don't know which one is true anymore.

Relax guys! I think MH pained the blue colour on the first A380 is meant for the promotion, just like the Hibiscus livery.

Not really - the blue is for all A380s. There is a rumour that the 4th plane will have a special oneworld livery though.

She's here (:

PESAWAT KEDUA AIRBUS A380 MALAYSIA AIRLINES TIBA DI KLIA

Bernama Media – 1 hour 40 minutes ago

KUALA LUMPUR, 11 Ogos (Bernama) -- Pesawat kedua Airbus A380 Malaysia

Airlines tiba di Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Kuala Lumpur (KLIA) hari ini pada

pukul 3.32 petang dari Toulouse, Perancis, yang sekaligus membolehkan syarikat

penerbangan nasional itu menawarkan perkhidmatan penerbangan A380 antara KLIA

dan London Heathrow setiap hari bermula esok.

"Pesawat pertama kami daripada enam pesawat A380 telah beroperasi di laluan

ini tiga kali seminggu sejak 1 Julai tahun ini. Dengan pesawat kedua menyertai

kumpulan pesawat, kami akan menawarkan penerbangan harian A380 bagi laluan ini,"

kata Ketua Pegawai Eksekutif Kumpulan Malaysia Airlines Ahmad Jauhari Yahya.

"Kami juga bakal menyediakan perkhidmatan penerbangan A380 di laluan

''kangaroo'' utama, antara London dan Sydney, apabila pesawat A380 ketiga mula

beroperasi setiap hari di laluan Sydney-Kuala Lumpur pada akhir November tahun

ini," katanya dalam satu kenyataan.

Penerbangan MH2 A380 Malaysia Airlines berlepas dari KLIA setiap hari pada

pukul 11.40 malam dan tiba di London Heathrow pada pukul 5.50 pagi hari

berikutnya.

Penerbangan pulang, MH3, berlepas dari London Heathrow pada pukul 12.00

tengah hari dan tiba di KLIA pada pukul 7.25 pagi hari berikutnya.

Begitu juga, penerbangan MH4 B747 berlepas dari KLIA setiap hari pada pukul

10.05 pagi dan tiba di London Heathrow pada 4.15 petang manakala penerbangan

pulang MH1, berlepas dari London Heathrow pada pukul 10.00 malam dan tiba di

KLIA pada hari berikutnya.

Masa ketibaan kedua-dua penerbangan di KLIA membolehkan sambungan segera

kepada Malaysia Airlines ke destinasi domestik serta ke kebanyakan bandar raya

antarabangsa di rantau Asia-Pasifik yang ia menawarkan perkhidmatan penerbangan.

-- BERNAMA

MI NN ZK

Source: http://bit.ly/PaM5Uj

So, if the timeline quoted above is correct, dugong no.3 had the old red&blue logo painted originally, then the fin was repainted in the blue version

If the effort was made to repaint already, why not do the logo correctly, instead of perpetuating that embarassment that adorn each and every MH dugong's tail nowadays :rolleyes:

aiyoyo ... the third A380 with the original blue/red wau is good sized and not placed too high up. It looks so good. I am not sure why they are persisting with such a crappy livery. I think MAS would have done much better with the old (pre 1987) livery! Retro A380 would definitely be awesome and eye catching.

But hey, the creative giants in the airline 'know' what they are doing ...

Hurrah. Anybody know if her first revenue flight is gonna be tomorrow night or monday night? November Alpha returns tomorrow morning, theoretically can be used to operate tomorrow nights' flight or monday night (interested, because I'm on MH2 on tuesday night :) can't wait!

Hurrah. Anybody know if her first revenue flight is gonna be tomorrow night or monday night? November Alpha returns tomorrow morning, theoretically can be used to operate tomorrow nights' flight or monday night (interested, because I'm on MH2 on tuesday night :) can't wait!

According to the press release November Bravo will start its working life tomorrow: http://www.facebook.com/notes/malaysia-airlines/malaysia-airlines-second-a380-arrives-in-kl-international-airport/451918478182135?ref=notif&notif_t=note_comment

I think MAS would have done much better with the old (pre 1987) livery! Retro A380 would definitely be awesome and eye catching.

Current livery (whatever that may be) is so 'today' and does not have the 'grab your attention' value

Retro liveries have been done by so many before (TG, LH, GA ....... to name a few) - hence lacking in novelty value

So, the creative brains behind MH (or so we would like to believe) came up with something alien that fits like a square peg into a round hole ..... and voilah, we get what we see today :D

BC tam ... LOL

What can we keyboard warriors say? Obviously we are out of touch with the Martians and other aliens ... We don't know what is considered 'cool' outside this planet

Was there some tech issue last night? Sunday night departures (before going daily) were supposed to be A380, but seems that last night's MH2 was operated by Papa Mike ? :o

Not really - the blue is for all A380s. There is a rumour that the 4th plane will have a special oneworld livery though.

if this is true then i'll buy a champagne to celebrate it!

That would be so cool! Hopefully, that means MH will become a full OneWorld member by January 2013. When you read other travel forums, a lot of people are waiting to book flights on MH so that it can count towards their OneWorld status.

Got November alpha Tonight :(

At least I got seat in the front mini J cabin :)

Looking forward to hearing your feedback on this!

There is something definitely wrong with the seat - the horizontal footrest issue is documented - but also the seat back cannot be adjusted once the tray table is deployed. So if you're not so comfy halfway through a meal service - too bad. ambience is good overall and it feels spacious.

I surveyed the whole J cabin and for once I can say there's no really stand out seat. You'd think row 6 and 9 bulkhead seats would be desirable but the difference is not much. Row 6 is constricted by the narrowing of the fuselage and row 9 is smack behind toilets.

I went to test the F seats also - and it's a bit ordinary. The seat wasn't designed well so there's this huge gap between the seat and wall - dead space which could have been used better.

There is something definitely wrong with the seat - the horizontal footrest issue is documented - but also the seat back cannot be adjusted once the tray table is deployed. So if you're not so comfy halfway through a meal service - too bad. ambience is good overall and it feels spacious.

That's so annoying about the seat not being able to be adjusted when the tray table is out. That's what I love about the current MH business class seat - the fact that you can adjust it whilst having a meal. You couldn't do that on the business class seats of QF and OS.

There is something definitely wrong with the seat - the horizontal footrest issue is documented - but also the seat back cannot be adjusted once the tray table is deployed. So if you're not so comfy halfway through a meal service - too bad.

That's a flaw of the seat design. The meal tray comes out of the arm rest that also reclines with the seat (unlike the BE Aerospace seats on the 772s, where the meal tray comes out of the fixed centre armrest). Also, the seat-controls just go "dead" without any indication, as you may have experienced, and you may for a moment think that the seat is broken.

Anyway, my conclusion earlier was it is a flawed very-ordinary business class seat that will be out-of-date very soon. (Maybe there was a buy 2 get free 1 promo from the vendor for these seats when MH went shopping)

That's so annoying about the seat not being able to be adjusted when the tray table is out.

You can still adjust it to a certain degree after which, the control just dies.

The opposite can also happen, if you have reclined beyond a certain degree but in a still comfortable enough position to eat or drink - taking out the tray table will also kill the controls...it's not designed in a very intuitive manner.