MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

I am still dying for a trip report. I cannot stand the suspense

Its amazing that there is still not trip report in A.Net or this forum till now. I mean can't MH "hire" someone to do the report for publicity?

Both A.Net trip reporters who are confirmed to be on the inaugural are the best ones A.Net has ever had and their reports are known to be brilliantly worded with careful research and all. I would say be patient as I am sure no one would want to read a trip report more over for this particular flight that only says "let the pictures do the talking".

Agreed with the lack in foresight by the PR Department on MH's behalf for failure to "hire" trip reporters for publicity. I hope "Ili Syazwani and her parents" are doing their favours for MH after the upgrades and all.

Both A.Net trip reporters who are confirmed to be on the inaugural are the best ones A.Net has ever had and their reports are known to be brilliantly worded with careful research and all. I would say be patient as I am sure no one would want to read a trip report more over for this particular flight that only says "let the pictures do the talking".

I'm sure both trip reporters have day jobs to prioritise. But one did say to give him a week+ to do one up for A. Net.

I did mention on my previous post regarding with the banner issue...

If we want to look for faulty, we will forever find it. As the negative mindset has been nailed into our mind. Sometimes, can we just think it positively? Let them breathe a little bit lah.....

This..there are always 2 sides of coins..I agree with you on this.people can create innuendos out of anything simple..

Which Dubai-based airline has a 747 passenger plane?

That would be EK... EK has 747-400Fs. No wonder why the kid was disappointed. :)

I wouldn't if I get to fly on a 744F! :D

You can play hide-and-seek inside, or if the plane is empty, you can play tennis or volleyball.

The marketing blurb at the bottom of MH's website states the following:

"

FIVE INCHES OF EXTRA SPACE

Measuring 40 x 89 inches, our A380’s First Class seats are at least five inches wider than other airlines’ A380 planes. Leaving you literally in the lap of luxury."

I guess other airlines only operate scale-model versions of the A380. No wonder the First Class seats on MH's A380 are wider.

The marketing blurb at the bottom of MH's website states the following:

"

FIVE INCHES OF EXTRA SPACE

Measuring 40 x 89 inches, our A380’s First Class seats are at least five inches wider than other airlines’ A380 planes. Leaving you literally in the lap of luxury."

I guess other airlines only operate scale-model versions of the A380. No wonder the First Class seats on MH's A380 are wider.

What?

You can play hide-and-seek inside, or if the plane is empty, you can play tennis or volleyball.

But is the cargo hold pressurized though? :)

But is the cargo hold pressurized though? :)

It is. And for the freighter, the main cargo deck is practically the same space as passenger deck.

I have a question - why is it freezing down in the main deck?

Lack of or reduced heating ? :unknw:

They don't allow it to get to freezing do they ? Otherwise some things will spoil

A colder cabin is much better than a hot and stuffy one!

Lack of or reduced heating ? :unknw:

They don't allow it to get to freezing do they ? Otherwise some things will spoil

Does it mean they allow freezing at belly cargohold (where the baggage goes) since it is not pressurised??

Does it mean they allow freezing at belly cargohold (where the baggage goes) since it is not pressurised??

Captain Radzi in reply #2041 above has confirmed it's pressurized

But question still remains what temperature it's maintained at, and specifically is it down to 0c (incidentally, does water still freeze at 0c at reduced pressure ? O-level physics also kaput already :))

I thought captain Radzi's response was more about the main deck of the 747-400F. The zone where you sit all the pax... in an ordinary 747s..(lower deck cabin) as opposed to the belly space where you put the baggage containers. May be I have missed that.

I question is directed at the lower belly space (baggage container area) in between the wings. My guess is that it is pressurised and temperature well maintained? Otherwise we may have icy cold luggages?

It is. And for the freighter, the main cargo deck is practically the same space as passenger deck

Sorry, way O/T...

Edited by S V Choong

Something to be proud about. Our Dugong is no doubt the centre of attention there. We love u MH!!

I think it is a very good marketing move by MH, since they are introducing the A380 to LHR. Show visitors know that they can actually fly this aircraft from the UK.

I think Airbus did not send their own dugongs as they are in the middle of some test programmes for the A350 and A320neo. So it is very good timing that the MH's dugong happen to come into the delivery window to enable Airbus to do more pre-delivery "testing"... :)

Not sure if you guys have seen it, but Ian Lim's photos of MH A380 are top five pix at airliners.net. Thanks mate for the beautiful pictures. Although the business class is a bit of let down due to 2-2-2 layout, overall it's an impressive aircraft. Every Malaysian can now say our national carrier is flying the dugong. :) The display at Franborough will further promote MAS name in international arena. MH...its not just a code, its Malaysian Hospitality.

Not sure if you guys have seen it, but Ian Lim's photos of MH A380 are top five pix at airliners.net. Thanks mate for the beautiful pictures. Although the business class is a bit of let down due to 2-2-2 layout, overall it's an impressive aircraft. Every Malaysian can now say our national carrier is flying the dugong. :) The display at Franborough will further promote MAS name in international arena. MH...its not just a code, its Malaysian Hospitality.

Yeah, I noticed that. 4 of the top 5 pics are of MH's A380.

Nice one Ian!