MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Trip reports anyone?

So far, can only find this :D

MAS A380 inaugural flight lands in Heathrow

July 02, 2012

mas-july2.jpg

The MAS A380 on the tarmac of KLIA before taking off for London on July 1, 2012. — Picture by Choo Choy MayLONDON, July 2 — Malaysia Airlines’ (MAS) newly-acquired A380, the biggest commercial plane, which left Kuala Lumpur last night for its inaugural flight to London, touched down at Heathrow Airport at 5.20am British time after a little over 12 hours of a smooth and quiet journey.

The huge double-decked passenger airliner took off from Kuala Lumpur International Airport near midnight after Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, who was around to send the plane off, took over the cabin’s public address system to wish the 478 passengers “bon voyage and have a good journey”.

The A380 was piloted rotationally by Captains Datuk Ahmad Zuraidi Dahalan, Norshid Ali, Kamarudin Kamilin and assisted by First Officer Mohd Zefrie Mohd Jasbir Khan, who together have over 100 years of flying experience.

When the pilots landed the plane here without any glitch and not even the sound of a thud was heard, the passengers gave them a strong approval with a thunderous claps that filled the cabins of the wide-bodied plane.

Also on board the historic trip was MAS group chief executive officer Ahmad Jauhari Yahya, who upon the plane’s touchdown went on the cabin’s PA system to thank the passenger guests for taking the A380.

He said it was a coincidence the A380’s inaugural flight fell on the same date when MAS started the KL-London service 36 years ago on July 1, 1974.

The A380 plane will be used thrice weekly for the KL-London sector until MAS gets several more of the planes by year-end when it can serve the sector daily.

MAS has ordered six of the aircraft that it plans also to service Australia and China.

The same plane that arrived here today will depart later in the day, also inaugurating the return flight from London to Kuala Lumpur with a near capacity load.

Apart from the pilots, the A380 has a cabin crew strength of 21. — Bernama

The A380 was piloted rotationally by Captains Datuk Ahmad Zuraidi Dahalan, Norshid Ali, Kamarudin Kamilin and assisted by First Officer Mohd Zefrie Mohd Jasbir Khan, who together have over 100 years of flying experience.
"

Only one FO?

Edited by alberttky

Its "rotationally" - I guess that is how they describe the crew change in layman's terms....

I was just thinking about how cool it would be if each of the A380s sported a different MAS livery that has existed over the years. There's this new blue one, the recent swoosh, the current standard with cheatline, the old red one...

Come on! We do not make a fuss at all when none of the 12 cadets chosen by AK for their first batch of MPL Advance program with CAE in Canada and the US consist of a single Malay.

Come on! We do not make a fuss at all when none of the 12 cadets chosen by AK for their first batch of MPL Advance program with CAE in Canada and the US consist of a single Malay.

Couldn't agree more - what matters is whether they are qualified to fly the aircraft professionally.

I was just thinking about how cool it would be if each of the A380s sported a different MAS livery that has existed over the years.

I'm thinking how cool it would be if just the one MH A380 flying now sports the correct corporate logo on its tail :D

Piloted by all malays? where's the 1Malaysia non-sense?

Duty roster takes precedence over racial considerations ?

Hon Lin, you should know by now, all these for the show stuff that makes the front page is very likely to be piloted by the Malays. It has been for years anyways...

Hon Lin, you should know by now, all these for the show stuff that makes the front page is very likely to be piloted by the Malays. It has been for years anyways...

not really.I have been flying with MAS since i was little kid and most of the flight that I taken piloted by Malays.....and those flights were just regular flights not special one.

are you trying to make a racism remarks here?

Not a remark, but a fact.. Don't get so offended by it.

So in your view, the cockpit team should consist of malay, chinese, Indian dan lain lain?

Nothing to do with 1Malaysia or whatsoever... as long as they are qualified and experienced pilots they can fly and land the passengers safely!

Nothing to do with 1Malaysia or whatsoever... as long as they are qualified and experienced pilots they can fly and land the passengers safely!

that's my point!

nothing to do with the race

Not a remark, but a fact.. Don't get so offended by it.

not offended, but somehow it annoys me, and others as well.....

encik, ini forum Malaysianwings, bukan 1Malaysia, 2Malaysia...ataupun 10Malaysia.

kalau encik nak berbicara tentang 1Malaysia, sila http://1malaysia.com.my/ untuk mengemukakan soalan tersebut.

Is a normal reaction BUT think twice what do you expected from the question

It is right time right place right environment when everybody is on celebration mood................