MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

It stood out, so I was merely pointing it out. I think this hardly qualifies me or anyone for that matter as a basher, the more so in my case, given that I don't post much here in the 1st place.

I also take issue with what I see as a mere statement being turned around to (implicitly) mean deliberately looking for mistakes. I wasn't. I hope that much is clear. :) I suppose the banner could have been more carefully worded.

Edited by H Azmal

maybe....the banner is meant for pax's perceptions...

I am among the first to fly MH A380.

sometimes, we can see a half full glass, and sometimes, half empty. depends on how we interpret the idea.....

:lazy:

definitely...

Suzanne Goh probably a tad dissapointed it isn't the yellow polka dots on purple colour scheme envisaged :p

But good job, even the aerobridge is appropriately colour coordinated :D

Edited by BC Tam

Very shoddy work by this 'Chris, Malaysian Insider' - those first class seats are NOT MH's :)

Very shoddy work by this 'Chris, Malaysian Insider' - those first class seats are NOT MH's :)

Neither are those J and Y seats- they look like SQ's.

Oh shot! Not ready!

wohoo...

1Jul12_9M-MNA_1283Bmw.jpg

Good effort ... but doesnt have the wow factor compared to "Freedom of Space" or " Heliconia"

Edited by V Wong

The first class seats are from F-WWOW the demonstrator. And yes, the J/Y seats are SQ's

While everyone is celebrating the inaugural flight of our 'major epic proportion', the fuel deal between MH and Petron may attract some controversy.....six months of free fuel!!!

Source: http://www.themalays...nt-petron-corp/

Why controversial? It's a contra deal, Petron gains market exposure by associating with a well established Malaysian brand, MH gets to save on fuel costs.

Why controversial? It's a contra deal, Petron gains market exposure by associating with a well established Malaysian brand, MH gets to save on fuel costs.

It could be highly controversial if there's a clause that mandates them to switch fuel provider from their current one to Petron. Even if there isn't one, the fact Petron is controlled by some politician's family is controversial enough.

I for one think Petron should just provide free fuel for all of MH's planes for the next few years without any further obligations if they are sincere about this whole free fuel stunt.

Edited by Y. J. Foo

It could be highly controversial if there's a clause that mandates them to switch fuel provider from their current one to Petron. Even if there isn't one, the fact Petron is controlled by some politician's family is controversial enough.

I for one think Petron should just provide free fuel for all of MH's planes for the next few years if they are sincere about this whole free fuel stunt.

Isn't the fuel supply at KUL already contracted to Esso before this?

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

I for one think Petron should just provide free fuel for all of MH's planes for the next few years without any further obligations if they are sincere about this whole free fuel stunt.

Being a director does not necessary mean that he has control of the company. Without knowing the details of the sponsorship, it would be premature to make any meaningful comments.

It is good that MH is trying to find ways to reduce their costs and this is only one step in the long road to recovery.

Agree that Petron will gain market exposure and MH gets to save on fuel bill, however, not all Malaysians know that MH will be fueled by Petron. Typical Malaysian doesn't bother with who is the fuel supplier, when does MH pay or not......worse, not all Malaysian will travel everyday. Petrol station is another story. I think giving free fuel at petrol station have wider exposure. But doubt that it can be done. There will be a riot.... :diablo: :diablo:

Being a director does not necessary mean that he has control of the company. Without knowing the details of the sponsorship, it would be premature to make any meaningful comments.

It is good that MH is trying to find ways to reduce their costs and this is only one step in the long road to recovery.

Both have your point. Hopefully, MH can reduce their fuel bill by fair bit with this free six months supply. MH may be able to turn in a bit profit or reduced loss as well. However if the loss is to swell again, then everyone will be speechless......

Edited by JuliusWong

The national carrier inked a special six-month deal whereby Petron Corp will provide complimentary fuel for the A380's inaugural flight out of the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) tonight.

Free fuel only for one flight, the first MH A380 to LHR.

Six month contract for Petron to fuel the A380 aircraft. The rest of the fleet will still be fueled by mix of Petronas and Shell, and probably Petron (Esso) too.

Free fuel only for one flight, the first MH A380 to LHR.

Six month contract for Petron to fuel the A380 aircraft. The rest of the fleet will still be fueled by mix of Petronas and Shell, and probably Petron (Esso) too.

Read the news report once again....hmm, it seems like I got it wrong. Sorry...just woke up...blur. Thanks Radzi for the heads up.

From what is reported, I don't see anything contoversial regarding the fuel deal. There is just not enough detail. Some people just assume there is corruption involved as apparently Dr M's son is associated with Petron. It might be a win win situation. Who knows?

I did mention on my previous post regarding with the banner issue...

If we want to look for faulty, we will forever find it. As the negative mindset has been nailed into our mind. Sometimes, can we just think it positively? Let them breathe a little bit lah.....