MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Strange, any other airline gives out those neck pillows ?

It's tacid admission the seats are not as comfy as can be :)

I guess its MH management's response to the thousands of complaints of MH not being innovative enough. I personally find it a nice touch. Even though the headrests provided are of the flexible type, I often find I still need some sort of pillowing for my neck and I have to sacrifice my lumbar support for my neck support. But now, bam! Both lumbar support AND neck support. I appreciate MH's special touch.

Next stop: Toothbrush and toothpaste. I personally have morning breath, and let me tell you, it isn't pleasant.

The comfort kit is a nice step forward for MH. It's this small things that matters. I like the neck pillows. It will somewhat set MH apart from others. Face it, if you fly economy, the seats are not going to be very comfortable for sleeping whether you are flying MH, Emiratres or Singapore Airlines. Economy is economy.

Toothbrush and toothpaste can be easily added into the pack. Don't really mind socks though. Emirates give socks but hardly anyone use them, it's low quality socks.

I like to brush my teeth at the airport rather than on the flight. I always bring my own toothbrush and toothpaste. Many people who like to brush their teeth during travel will bring their own.

I can see giving away MH branded amenity kits as an easy marketing tool so people will remember the service and airline.

Strange, any other airline gives out those neck pillows ?

It's tacid admission the seats are not as comfy as can be :)

AK and her sister airlines do, only if you buy them! :)

I like to brush my teeth at the airport rather than on the flight.

This works if it is strictly an overnight flight of about 6-8 hrs. For a 12+ hour flight, where most pax will wake-up and there's still some many hours more to go (think LHR), it will be awhile before one reaches the airport.

A big thumbs up to the economy class enhancements!

A big thumbs up to the economy class enhancements!

Certainly looks like a big step in the right direction

Am hoping for some first hand comments from inaugural guinea pigs soon :)

Edited by BC Tam

maybe....the banner is meant for pax's perceptions...

I am among the first to fly MH A380.

sometimes, we can see a half full glass, and sometimes, half empty. depends on how we interpret the idea.....

:lazy:

In which case, I would expect something to the tune of "MH's first A380 bla bla bla (that shows the first is within its local [MH] confines)", right? It's reminiscent of SIA's poster when it started its A380 service, sporting the exact same words, but with rather more right / honour to use them... :)siaa380.jpg

Edited by H Azmal

..... depends on how we interpret the idea.....

you realize that can go either way don't you :p

you realize that can go either way don't you :p

yeahhh

i realized that Sir....

but too much bashing by our beloved keyboard warrior lately.....

i too bash them sometimes, but this time i feel like giving MH some space to breathe....

:drinks:

You have to read the middle phrase first, then the top and finally the bottom :p

yeahhh

i realized that Sir....

but too much bashing by our beloved keyboard warrior lately.....

i too bash them sometimes, but this time i feel like giving MH some space to breathe....

:drinks:

Agree with you. I read it once and knew it was in the context of MH flyers. Harmless non-issue. :)

===

Agree with you. I read it once and knew it was in the context of MH flyers. Harmless non-issue. :)

===

depends on our perceptions and mindset actually rite?

once we search for mistakes, then we will find mistakes....

Yeah agreed, in grand scheme of things it's likely nothing of significance

Doubt if many, if any of those who pass by that banner this evening will even notice its existence :)

However, it does suggest a lack or originality in the PR dept and ........ never mind, perhaps it's best to let MH and it's people have their day today :)

I still think MH should reword it carefully. SQ may not give a damn, but it really shows lack of thoughts on MH department.

I still think MH should reword it carefully

Way way too late for that - the early and eager birds are likely already starting to mingle at departure gate by now already :D

Saw the A380 waiting for it's first flight to LHR when I arrived into KUL from BKK.

Way way too late for that - the early and eager birds are likely already starting to mingle at departure gate by now already :D

errr.......pull the banner out of the scene lah! instant PR stunt.....

errr.......pull the banner out of the scene lah! instant PR stunt.....

If place is still deserted, then good PR move

If place already populated, perhaps better not to accentuate faux pas :)

Yeah agreed, in grand scheme of things it's likely nothing of significance

Doubt if many, if any of those who pass by that banner this evening will even notice its existence :)

However, it does suggest a lack or originality in the PR dept and ........ never mind, perhaps it's best to let MH and it's people have their day today :)

Here goes the kiasu-ism, trying to keep up with "others"?. They almost cancelled the A380 but was more or less decided to accept it at the last minute (probably been forced to)