MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

I think if MAS seriously want to make the A380 an exclusive aircraft from the rest of its fleets, 3 of the A380 should be painted in the 'Freedom of space' colour

and remainder 3 of the A380 in 'Hisbiscus'. Now that's what I call exclusive and would be the best A380 livery in the world, MAS first!!!

Or 2 x A380 = Freedom of space

2 x A380 = Hisbiscus

2 x A380 = Oneworld livery

Anyway, who am I kidding, but that would attract world attention on Malaysia's best!

Edited by Eugene Koh

I think if MAS seriously want to make the A380 an exclusive aircraft from the rest of its fleets, 3 of the A380 should be painted in the 'Freedom of space' colour

and remainder 3 of the A380 in 'Hisbiscus'. Now that's what I call exclusive and would be the best A380 livery in the world, MAS first!!!

Or 2 x A380 = Freedom of space

2 x A380 = Hisbiscus

2 x A380 = Oneworld livery

Anyway, who am I kidding, but that would attract world attention on Malaysia's best!

I agree with you. However, never under-estimate the power of imagination and never stop hoping... one fine day dreams do come true.

29Jun12_9M-MNA_0888.jpg

This angle clearly shows how the color scheme looks like at the aft fuselage.

Even engine pattern are different on number 3 and number 4 engine.

Some says it looks like EgyptAir...

Welcome home 9M-MNA

Wow 3 lavatories in the upper deck economy section with just 70 seats, thats pretty generous. Interestingly the whole business section only has 2!

There are 4 lavatories in the Business Class cabin.

This angle clearly shows how the color scheme looks like at the aft fuselage.

Even engine pattern are different on number 3 and number 4 engine.

Some says it looks like EgyptAir...

Welcome home 9M-MNA

It does look like Egyptair new livery...

There are 4 lavatories in the Business Class cabin.

I see, the configuration map is only showing two yellow dots, I guess that gave the wrong impression.

Here is the fact sheet given during the ceremony.

Page 1

page1et.jpg

Page 2

page11b.jpg

Page 3

page12cx.jpg

Page 4

page13g.jpg

Not terribly impressed by the IFE choice. Even qantas' is better on their 380s.

I see, the configuration map is only showing two yellow dots, I guess that gave the wrong impression.

Now I'm baffled, where are the other two loos ?

Now I'm baffled, where are the other two loos ?

Sloppy Strategic Comms folks forgot to highlight the two very spacious suite-loos at both sides of the stairs at the front.

Thanks for the updates.

Reading the feedback on MH A380's special livery on airliners.net is like stabbing a knife into our heart..So So cruel.... :(

Can they add more paint/design onto the overall design? If you look from far, especially the engines: Engine#2 swirl complement Engine#1....Engine#4 swirl complement Engine#3.....

Edited by JuliusWong

I know everyone felt very disappointed with the tail logo. For me, the paint on the fuselage and engines is not that bad. It will be more lovely if they change the tail to the original color (red n blue). Lets forget about the paint job. Now lets see what is the new updates that MH bring to wow their customers.

20120629101542.jpg

Like everyone knows, starting 1st July, steward will be wearing a new grey suit. This would be a good update from MH as the old green color looks too tired and old.

awdqtuccaaach7ljpglarge.jpg

New amenity kits for MH long-haul in economy class! :drinks:

img1184ai.jpg

img1174bz.jpg

img1187ua.jpg

img1188om.jpg

New tray for economy. Its very beautiful. :clapping:

20120629102656.jpg

20120629102737.jpg

First class passenger will get a duvet and pillow with new pattern. Same goes to the head rest cover (same pattern with the duvet and pillow). The pattern is different from the one used during the joyride. And the Bvlgari amenity kits in a black color bag. And blue pyjamas. Unfortunately, I misplace my camera cable and forgot to take pic using my tab. But, u can hv a look at a pattern from the star.

seatq.jpg

I didnt take pic for business bcoz i took too much time in economy and first. MH only showcase 2 seats from every section (first and business) which is one in full flat with duvet n etc. Another one in upright position with the full set of 'pinggan mangkuk'. So, not sure what is the new update for business passenger.

Thanks for the insights. It seems that Y class gets the most enhancements, relatively speaking. Hopefully we see the return of elegant menu cards in Y as well. A toothbrush & paste would be a better item in the Y amenity kit than the "neck-pillow', given that the headrests in Y are the flexible types.

Have anyone read theStar today? Hellos, editor the seats look too luxurious to be J class......O.O

I was thinking it would be a good idea for MH to put in some snack bar counters for Y class. After all, the aircraft is meant for long haul flight.

Edited by JuliusWong

Thanks for the insights. It seems that Y class gets the most enhancements, relatively speaking. Hopefully we see the return of elegant menu cards in Y as well. A toothbrush & paste would be a better item in the Y amenity kit than the "neck-pillow', given that the headrests in Y are the flexible types.

Yup. Toothbrush and paste is quite important during long haul flight bcoz the passenger will arrive in the morning. Maybe the toothbrush and paste will be added later on because this one only to showcase their new amenity kit to the media. Or the toothbrush n paste will be given if the passenger request for it. So that, MH can control the cost. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, island D & E at KLIA have been renovated for First, Business, Platinum, Gold, and Silver passengers. It comes with a gapura, well...an arch actually. Quite a nice one.

IMG00689-20120630-1206.jpg

and all counters are displaying blue on the screen.

Edited by affendi osman

On the other hand, island D & E at KLIA have been renovated for First, Business, Platinum, Gold, and Silver passengers. It comes with a gapura, well...an arch actually. Quite a nice one.

IMG00689-20120630-1206.jpg

And is that a red-&-blue logo, despite the "blue on the screen"?

Very pleased with that, at least they have finally realised that cutting cost in their services is not the way forward. Good for you MAS.

Still not pleased with the interior but who am I apart from another keyboard warrior?

However, I am getting used to the livery - mix between Egyptair (which I love) and Aerolineas argentinas (which is also blue)! Then again, blue is my favourite colour

Wow! Good improvements indeed! Now what they need is a good marketing strategy. There are still many people not aware with their products.

Park a Bangkok air A319 next to it and you'll hardly notice the baby bus.

Yup, really nice new island. Now for domestic drop luggage moved to island B. Here another picture I took this morning after done checkin.

IMG_7489_.jpg

Agree with mushrif.

Yup. Toothbrush and paste is quite important during long haul flight bcoz the passenger will arrive in the morning. Maybe the toothbrush and paste will be added later on because this one only to showcase their new amenity kit to the media. Or the toothbrush n paste will be given if the passenger request for it. So that, MH can control the cost. :rolleyes:

I ersonally think a tooth brush set and a pair of flight socks is much better and suitable compared to the inflatable pillow....I'm siure the cost of that inflatable pillow is more more compared to the toothbrush set or flight socks

Strange, any other airline gives out those neck pillows ?

It's tacid admission the seats are not as comfy as can be :)