MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

There will be a problem when it comes to MBD though.

Why is it that my brain is straying off to somewhere? :p

Yay! Less than 12 months till MH receives the A380.

Stolen again from MH's FB wall.

253683_10150211084914712_52798899711_6916563_8205723_n.jpg

The first MAS A380 vertical tail plane (VTP) arrives in Toulouse, France by Airbus Beluga.

They might want to rethink to paint the first A380 with OneWorld.. haha... but anyhow it still needs to sync with the official date they joining OneWorld which shall be in late 2012. I think MH should be able to receive the first A380 by this year end?

9M-MNA will be my guess.

9M-MNA? Belongs to our PM's name? Oh no...I'm prefer MY - Malaysia

MAR, any picture of fuselage? Perhaps we will receive the first A380 by this year end.

Could they go with the Z series? 9M-MZA? I was looking up on airport-data.com, it says that 9M-MZA is also registered as 9M-MXA. Anyone knows what's up with that? My link

I really wish they will rename every A380, like 747s. No politician names, please.

Previously they named after all the B747 by Malaysian cities.

Copied from the parasite subforum. Vertical stabilizer for MSN 078 now fully painted with the jellyfish logo!

A bit confiusing, is it MSN078 enters final assembly become our 1st A380 to deliver soon? I thought MSN018 with rego test F-WWSO first.

I got a feeling BA will put 772 or 787 (in the future). I rather see MH operating 3x772 or A330 daily into SYD than put the Whalejet. Although they might lose to SQ, EK and the likes in terms of product.

Yeap, by city names still better than Teh Tarik, Roti Canai, Nasi Lemak, Chicken Rice, etc...

That should settle to whom those belongs to! :D

Maybe they'll run a contest to name the aircraft or have a charity auction for first flight. Anyway those has been done since we got our plane so late. :(

Great progress for our A380 (msn 18, test registration F-WWSO).

Which registration would be a first MH A380? 9M-MIA, 9M-MYA?

MIA - I don't think we would want to be the first to lost one of our A380.

I think MH should be able to receive the first A380 by this year end?

MAR, any picture of fuselage? Perhaps we will receive the first A380 by this year end.

I think it has been mentioned over and over and over now that the first A380 will be delivered in April 2012. So MH won't be receiving it by the end of this year. In addition, SQ has 3 A380s stucked in XFW due to no engine (delay by RR). Such fate could be awaiting MH as well.

For the fuselage, I think there are a couple of photos of it as per Flight Global article posted by Mulyadir above.

A bit confiusing, is it MSN078 enters final assembly become our 1st A380 to deliver soon? I thought MSN018 with rego test F-WWSO first.

All the initial MSN numbers assigned to MH A380s - MSN018, MSN024, MSN032 - will not be used by Airbus (because MH A380s are so delayed [like soooooooooo delayed], it messed up the entire MSN sequential numbers for Airbus' A380 production LOL). MH's first A380 is MSN078, then MSN081, MSN089, MSN094, and MSN114. The 6th A380 has yet to be assigned with MSN number.

With MH joining oneworld, KUL-LHR can now warrant 2xA380 daily. Really good for MH.

I am also in the opinion that oneworld changes everything. Now the purchase of the A380 is actually a good business decision (how avant garde since MH purchased the 6 frames in 2003 simply because SQ has it).

MIA - I don't think we would want to be the first to lost one of our A380.

Hahaha...missing in action :D

Perhaps no delayed again and MH to receive it's first in April 2012 from six A380s on order.

hahas!! always love the lively debate....

I don't think MH A380 will be delayed anymore. Of course, depends on the engine makers as well. If not, MH will demand for more compensation and their financial statement will look fatter again.... <_>

Qantas has delayed both A380s scheduled to be delivered over next two months as they 'spring clean their office'.

Singapore Airlines delayed its A380 when GFC recession peaked in 2008-2009 period. http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/singapore-airlines-delays-further-a380-deliveries-20090904-fajx.html

Oh goody, maybe Dragonair can send their dugongs to BKI during peak periods then ? :p

Maybe can park at the open bay just outside Fokker Lounge.

As if with a BAY like in KCH we will ever gonna see one!!!!

the white-haired guy should buy one for his personal use, no need for a BAY but a Dedicated Terminal in KCH :lol:

the white-haired guy should buy one for his personal use, no need for a BAY but a Dedicated Terminal in KCH :lol:

Nope he will be under even more scrutiny. The "G" is already under very heavy fire for 1.8M spent on Facebook.