MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

I think it is the contrary - Australian winter low season! It is replacing two 283-seat A333 flights with a single 494-seat A380. A cost cutting measure?

They may also be trying to gather operational data on that route. If they fail to sell the A380s, they may have to redeploy them to the Australian routes.

Edited by flee

They may also be trying to gather operational data on that route. If they fail to sell the A380s, they may have to redeploy them to the Australian routes.

I think the data might not be representatives due to short period of time and i doubt people will rush in to buy plane tix to sydney just to sample MH A380. Besides, they probably know the load/yield already ... well i could be wrong :)

School holiday maybe ?

A380 is utilised due to shortage of A330s and B777s required for maintenance or extended maintenance

It seems that during the school holiday Nov-Dec 15 period, the 388s have been lined by to do charters KUL-JED and KUL-MED. That's about 20hrs roundtrip.

Didn't know the rwy at MED could cop with a full 388...maybe it has been expanded.

Yes, the runway in MED is short. When I was last in MED, the terminal is undergoing expansion but even then it is still too small to handle an A380 plus all the regular visitors. MED's terminal size is about the size of I don't know, AOR maybe? JHB, TGG, KBR or TWU are definitely bigger than MED terminal.

It is rumored that MH KUL-CDG route will be operated by B772 in August. So where will the A380 go?

Oh! I hope they don't pull the A380 from CDG until September. My in-laws are flying there in mid-late August and I'd love for them to experience the big bird!

Does the load at MEL justify the deployment of the A380s? Suppose not, due to strong head-on competition with the red camp?

MH72/73 becomes a B737-800 effective when?

Well its good bye MH to HKG for me. Not Looking forward to a NB for 4 hours. Will fly other one world airlines like CX.

Emergency exit yes with the extra headroom. However with the seats upright, and not being able to recline it can be tough.

MH will operate x2 A380 flights to MEL:

13JUL MH8707/8708 KUL-MEL-KUL

24JUL MH8707/8712 KUL-MEL-CAN

I'm not sure if this information is correct, but a fellow MEL forumer has highlighted the odd schedule, so I'm placing it here if anyone has more information please inform us! Would definitely like to see them in MEL at least once! :)

MH will operate x2 A380 flights to MEL:

13JUL MH8707/8708 KUL-MEL-KUL

24JUL MH8707/8712 KUL-MEL-CAN

I'm not sure if this information is correct, but a fellow MEL forumer has highlighted the odd schedule, so I'm placing it here if anyone has more information please inform us! Would definitely like to see them in MEL at least once! :)

Special chartered flights?

Chartered flight with MAS A380, well that is something

The 380s are also lined up to do charters to MED and JED as well.

So, if you can fill it up, why not?

Edited by Mushrif A

Emergency exit yes with the extra headroom. However with the seats upright, and not being able to recline it can be tough.

should be extra legroom..and i was also lucky that the next seat was vacant..so i also have extra elbow space...as it was day flight recline was not an issue as most didnt bother to sleep anyway

Malaysia Airlines Ends A380 Paris Operation; Aircraft change from August 2015

Update at 1615GMT 01JUL15

Malaysia Airlines from 04AUG15 (Malaysia) departure is adjusting operational aircraft on Kuala Lumpur – Paris CDG route, which sees the end of Airbus A380 operation. From this date, KUL departure, the oneWorld member will operate Boeing 777-200ER aircraft on daily basis, replacing A380. This also marks the end of First Class service to Paris.

The aircraft change was reflected on Wednesday’s routing schedule change.

MH020 KUL2340 – 0640+1CDG 772 D

MH021 CDG1150 – 0635+1KUL 772 D