MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Tabung Haji is for sure, as they are the ones chartering the jets. Then it block sells some of the seats to other agents; all the big ones would have packages using the 380s.

MH3 from LHR made a stop in DXB today. Now not scheduled to arrive in KUL till noon.

Medical diversion?

Yeap. Medical diversion. KLIA should be like a warzone. Lots of passengers with outbound flight to MEL, SYD, PER and AKL missed their morning flight connection due to this diversion.

Yeap. Medical diversion. KLIA should be like a warzone. Lots of passengers with outbound flight to MEL, SYD, PER and AKL missed their morning flight connection due to this diversion.

Last week, all Europe-bound flights were delayed to accommodate delayed Australia-inbound and domestic flights. On time performance gone down the drain.

Last week, all Europe-bound flights were delayed to accommodate delayed Australia-inbound and domestic flights. On time performance gone down the drain.

Are they supposed to do that ? I mean an intentional delay, considering what chaos that would inflict upon 'restricted' airports such as LHR, especially during the peak morning hours

Are they supposed to do that ? I mean an intentional delay, considering what chaos that would inflict upon 'restricted' airports such as LHR, especially during the peak morning hours

Not a clue, but they did it anyway! I was told my LHR-bound flight was delayed to prevent 40+ passengers from misconnecting. To be fair though, my KCH-KUL was also delayed 4 hours, and had I not noticed and changed myself to an earlier, but also delayed flight, I would've misconnected had the LHR flight not been delayed.

How to know which Umrah travel agent is flying their customer to MED and JED using MH A380?[/quote

This 3 January alone Andalusia will charter 200 pax. And the contract will continue until May.

With EK and QR sponsored Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively, yet they choosed MH to fly their team. Guess the MH charter team really did a good job again like they was under Capt Nik before.

It is probable that FCB wanted the A380 - the only available in service ones available for charter are operated by MH.

Maybe MH Charters can make a business out of this - transporting football clubs and other sports organisations that want the A380 experience!

I'm flying off to London on MH4 (morning flight) tomorrow. I just tracked the last few flights on Flightradar14 and Flightaware, and the delayed arrival times seem to suggest unusually long flight times of between 14 hours 30 minutes and 15 hours (it's usually about 13 hours). Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Edited by Jtnstar

The detour to avoid Syria. At the moment all MH flights to/from London are passing through the region through Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

2nrqb2o.png

The detour to avoid Syria. At the moment all MH flights to/from London are passing through the region through Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

2nrqb2o.png

Thanks. It seems that MH is the only airline taking such a routing? BA's flight time remains in the region of 13 hours.

I'm really not looking forward to the longer flight time (even though I do love flying). This means that I'm arriving in London later in the evening. The entire journey is going to be even more tiring for me.

There is a war in Syria and aircraft is being shot down in the Syrian/Turkey border. Russia is firing missile everywhere.

As the prime victim of the downing of MH17, I think MH took a very commendable decision to route its flight far far away from troubled region. There is also a lot of big airports capable of handling an A380 around the detoured route in case of emergency (BOM, MCT, DXB, RUH, MED, CAI, ATH). As they say, once bitten twice shy.

You should fly BA for shorter flight time.

bg8ah3.png

There is a war in Syria and aircraft is being shot down in the Syrian/Turkey border. Russia is firing missile everywhere.

As the prime victim of MH17, I think MH took a very commendable decision to route its flight far far away from troubled region. There is also a lot of big airports around the detoured route in case of emergency (BOM, MCT, DXB, RUH, MED, CAI, ATH). As they say, fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you.

You should fly BA for shorter flight time.

bg8ah3.png

Thank you. However I have purchased my air ticket in advance so I'll stick to my original flight. I wonder if any announcement will be made in light of the longer flight time. Perhaps I shall treat this flight as a rather unique experience.

Thank you. However I have purchased my air ticket in advance so I'll stick to my original flight. I wonder if any announcement will be made in light of the longer flight time. Perhaps I shall treat this flight as a rather unique experience.

I took 2 return flights recently between KUL and LHR. The flights were longer than normal - departing on time, and arriving about 45min to 1 hour late on all these flgihts. On one flight, there was a rather detailed announcement on the flight route, mentioning the total distance flown, amount of fuel consumed, total weight of the aircraft, the altitude, number of countries flown over, etc! First time I heard such announcement!

MH Is also avoiding Kabul Airspace... Really no other options than what is presently being flown

I think one of the reasons for MAB terminating their remaining EU routes is this war zone risk. The cost of operating the flights have increased and, for a low yield route, it is no longer sustainable.

Just landed in London. The flight took 15 hours and 25 minutes. There is an obvious difference between a 13 hour and a 15 hour fight. The crew on my flight made a smart decision to serve the second meal about 8 hours into the flight rather than 2-3 hours before landing due to hungry passengers.

Why doesn't MH update the customers on the revised flight time?

I flew MH1 2 weeks ago and about to fly MH2 in 2 days time. They also pushed forward the departure time of both flights by about 30mins, so on MH1 we were scheduled to depart at 930pm instead of the original 10pm, but due to a delay we left at 10 anyway. AFAIK that's the only timing update we got.

Also, do MH 380 flights still switch on the tail cameras now? The cam wasn't on for takeoff and landing for MH 1.

I flew MH1 2 weeks ago and about to fly MH2 in 2 days time. They also pushed forward the departure time of both flights by about 30mins, so on MH1 we were scheduled to depart at 930pm instead of the original 10pm, but due to a delay we left at 10 anyway. AFAIK that's the only timing update we got.

Also, do MH 380 flights still switch on the tail cameras now? The cam wasn't on for takeoff and landing for MH 1.

It was off for my last few A388 flights with them for the past two months now