MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Thank god.. Malu lah kalau Paris pun cannot work. Already malu about frankfurt and Zurich... Sungguh besar kemaluan MAS

With Malaysia Airline planing to downgrade CDG from an A380 to B772ER, news post link below (only can find it in french), this get me thinking, why not sent the surplus A380 to Australian major airport i.e. Melbourne-Tullamarine & Sydney-Kingsford

http://www.tourmag.com/Malaysia-Airlines-divise-pratiquement-son-offre-par-deux-a-Paris_a74861.html

With only 1 destination currently being served by the A380, LHR, this left MH with 4 surplus A380 baking under the sun at KLIA. That said, MH already sent the A380 on its SYD sector but measly to cater the seasonal demand.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-airlines-to-fly-a380s-on-sydney-kuala-lumpur-route

SYD & MEL was even 'on-the-book' for the destination that the A380 will eventually serve but due to the bilateral seat agreement between AUS-MY the plan was abandon due to being in favour of the frequency instead of capacity. (3 flights per day instead of 2 flights per day).

With the recent announcement that MH to cut down on the flight frequency on its Australian sector, is MH A380 to AUS a possibility or rather just a fantasy?

http://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-airlines-cuts-flights-to-brisbane-sydney-melbourne-adelaide-perth

I thought 2 of the 380s are to be leased by Transaero? That means after this there will only be 4 of those around - for now.

IIRC 3 frames are needed to sustain the remaining A380 route to LHR, so it might be a bit too tight to even do another one daily flight to AUS.

Hi everyone, First timer posting here.

According to KLIA departure schedule,

BARAJAS KUALA LUMPUR malaysiaairlines.jpg MH 8706 2015-07-10 23:30:00 2015-07-10 23:30:00 C037

For REAL MADRID tour of Australia and China.

Hi everyone, First timer posting here.

According to KLIA departure schedule, BARAJAS KUALA LUMPUR malaysiaairlines.jpg MH 8706 2015-07-10 23:30:00 2015-07-10 23:30:00 C037

For REAL MADRID tour of Australia and China.

Real Madrid chartered an A380?!

Probably because it's the only thing big enough nowadays to accommodate the team soccer players plus accompanying ego ? :D

But wait, maybe the AN-225 is an alternative ? Not likely though, the resulting baggage from fall out consequent of trying to fit in those multi-multi millionaires into 'comforts' of a freighter would be beyond capacity of the AN-225 I imagine :)

If not mistaken they did chartered with MH previously but using the B747 and A330.... I guess A380 just fit the bill :D. If MH can find a niche market for A380 for charter services and profitable in doing it, they will think twice in selling those 2 A380. With Indonesia just around the corner they can grab the market for Haj/Umrah since they have the right a/c

Edited by nrazmoor

Hi Chris, I am German :-)

The translation is correct from Bing, there isn't anything in the German words which means that it will be a bad flight. The only thing I could read between the lines in the Twitter posting from Toni Kroos is that he seems to be not too happy about the duration of the flight.

Cheers

Andreas

The translation is correct from Bing, there isn't anything in the German words which means that it will be a bad flight. The only thing I could read between the lines in the Twitter posting from Toni Kroos is that he seems to be not too happy about the duration of the flight.

Cheers

Andreas

Ah, thanks for the correction. :)

Could be due to the satay or nasi lemak.

Cheers

Andreas

All correct as far as I can see, but if you post a pic with "malaysia airlines" as the main focus and caption it with "its going to be long flight", some people might think you are hinting at something. If he posted a pic of himself in the cabin with exactly the same caption, no one would think that there is anything between the lines...

If not mistaken they did chartered with MH previously but using the B747 and A330.... I guess A380 just fit the bill :D. If MH can find a niche market for A380 for charter services and profitable in doing it, they will think twice in selling those 2 A380. With Indonesia just around the corner they can grab the market for Haj/Umrah since they have the right a/c

Unfortunately, none of Indonesia airport can take A380. And to charter a 380 ain't an easy feat, unless you are targeting China market only where they charter hundreds flight as travel incentive.

Unfortunately, none of Indonesia airport can take A380. And to charter a 380 ain't an easy feat, unless you are targeting China market only where they charter hundreds flight as travel incentive.

I thought KNO is capable to handle A380?

Malaysia Airlines Extends A380 Paris Service to late-August 2015

by JL

Share on Facebook 0 Tweet about this on Twitter 11 Share on LinkedIn 0 Share on Google+ 0 Share on Reddit 0 Email this to someone

Update at 1640GMT 16JUL15

Malaysia Airlines has extended planned Airbus A380 operation on Kuala Lumpur Paris CDG route, as the airline scheduled 4 A380 flights in mid and late-August 2015. From KUL, A380 operates on 17AUG15, 18AUG15, 21AUG15, 29AUG15. CDG departure with A380 on 18AUG15, 19AUG15, 22AUG15, 30AUG15. This A380 service will replace Boeing 777-200ER operation on these specific dates.

MH020 KUL2340 0640+1CDG 380

MH021 CDG1150 0625+1KUL 380

http://airlineroute.net/2015/07/16/mh-cdg-aug15update2/

Malaysia Airlines Nov 2015 London Heathrow Service Adjustment

Malaysia Airlines during the month of November is adjusting operations on Kuala Lumpur – London Heathrow route, as it plans to operate 13 weekly flights, instead of 14. MH004/001 service is being cancelled on following dates: 04NOV15, 12NOV15, 17NOV15, 24NOV15. This service is being operated by Airbus A380 aircraft.

MH004 KUL1010 – 1615LHR 380
MH002 KUL2330 – 0535+1LHR 380

MH003 LHR1050 – 0730+1KUL 380
MH001 LHR2135 – 1825+1KUL 380

http://airlineroute.net/2015/09/04/mh-lhr-nov15/