MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Please don't copy and paste an entire article like you have done - in this case I wrote the article for AusBT and don't appreciate my material being copied wholesale in a forum - I'd appreciate if you could edit your post to include only the first two paragraphs of my story, then a link to the entire story on AusBT.

Assuming the report is accurate, what do they plan to deploy to LHR?

Whatever they do they better not drop the route and let go of their LHR slots, else they might never get back to LHR when(if?) things improve.

^ I definitely agree, and without the European connection, Australian operations would be severely reduced too as both markets are heavily reliant on each other.

Assuming the report is accurate, what do they plan to deploy to LHR?

Whatever they do they better not drop the route and let go of their LHR slots, else they might never get back to LHR when(if?) things improve.

agreed..LHR slots is damn hard to get..(though VN recently get one slot at LHR through the new ATC policy if im not mistaken)

If they give up their LHR slots, that will be a huge mistake. They already gave up some last time...

If they are selling their A380s... I hope they will lease a few 77W which will be the best capacity for them.. And hopefully ones that have upgraded cabins. That will work for them more than an A380

I still remember reading a news article way back in the early 2000s when MAS was reportedly keenly interested acquiring the A380. I was quietly excited. But now, I don't really sad about MAS letting their 6 A380s go so soon (if the news is indeed verified to be true). I am more disappointed that MAS management over the years have made flip-flop decisions that ultimately resulted in the MAS of today. :(

Does this mean that MASkargo operation is going to be ceased after they sell their fleet

Does this mean that MASkargo operation is going to be ceased after they sell their fleet

MASkargo might be losing all dedicated aircrafts, but underbelly cargo on pax aircraft is still there.

What will they use to fly to London and Paris? If 2 of the A380s are available immediately, that means they will drop the A380 for Paris as soon as they can sell those 2 frames. What a mess. Seriously. If they don't have a decent product to Europe next year, MH will not get any more business from me.

MASkargo might be losing all dedicated aircrafts, but underbelly cargo on pax aircraft is still there.

Remind me of JL..sell all of it's dedicated cargo fleets during restucturing exercise and offer underbelly cargo services (until now).

finally the "new management" have come to its senses to dispose of its 6 A380s which it should have never bought in the very first place which was then a more of "an image" thing and that because SIA have it therefore MAS should also fly the latest and biggest plane. MAS is also selling off 2 747Fs and 4 A330Fs and 4 772s.

Only thing is how long can MAS will serve its LHR and AMS and Paris routes etc with its remainder aeging 772s. Looks like more route cuts, but the main and critical issue is still with the employees head count and how many can MAS management really gets to cut as doubt it will be able to eliminate the 6,000 as planned.

This smells like another Idris Jala jobbie to me... Selling off assets to make a quick and temporary buck but not sorting out the fundamental issue of bloated higher management, high costs and overstaffing..

I sincerely hope this will not be the case... Really really rooting for MAS but I have been disappointed over and over again.... Just like all the diehard fans/keyboard warriors here

at the very least sell the a380 and use the change to update the remaining 777 interior to current standards

those interior upgrades is long overdue

Edited by David.W

at the very least sell the a380 and use the change to update the remaining 777 interior to current standards

those interior upgrades is long overdue

New cabin interiors need years to be worth the investment. The 772s are already getting old.

I am not sure if MH owns those A380s. I think the only savings will be on lease payments.

finally the "new management" have come to its senses to dispose of its 6 A380s which it should have never bought in the very first place which was then a more of "an image" thing and that because SIA have it therefore MAS should also fly the latest and biggest plane. MAS is also selling off 2 747Fs and 4 A330Fs and 4 772s.

Only thing is how long can MAS will serve its LHR and AMS and Paris routes etc with its remainder aeging 772s. Looks like more route cuts, but the main and critical issue is still with the employees head count and how many can MAS management really gets to cut as doubt it will be able to eliminate the 6,000 as planned.

Hey mate do you have any concrete evidence on your allegation that MH only purchased the A380's due to Singapore airlines purchasing it, just being an image thing? Could the same be said about the purchase of the A330's n 777's then.because singapore airlines purchased it?

Simply because I am sick of hearing this kind of slander remarks (they did it because SQ did it). They could have purchased it because EK bought them,judging by your criteria of image as they have way more then SQ?

But hey I would like to hear from you first as you indeed may have that reasoning and proof that they indeed bought those because SQ did.

However I do agree with you on the other point regarding the aging 772's and the subsequent point made.

Edited by jadivindra

Thought their a380 flights were popular.

I think getting rid of a380 is a bad idea. It's like getting rid of their flagship. It will demoralise whoever left in mas. Unless the management has a better gameplan. At the moment whatever they do just does not instil confidence. Very shortly we will have some idea how good their new ceo is.