MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

The MH schedules suggest that the A380s will stop servicing the HKG routes from 17Feb14, replaced by 772s. Didn't see the aircraft deployed elsewhere.

Scheduled permanent wing repairs?

Smalam MH21 terbang tak top up air. Hahahaha. Baru suku perjalanan air dah abis dlm jamban. Hahahaha hahahahaha.

I know it's the job of the mx crew to top up the water. But the water status should be on the cabin crew's checklist upon getting onboard no? I always see the water status indicator on the screen at the cabin crew station when they are going through the PA announcement/dimming the lights etc.

These last couple of days the A380 services to LHR and HKG was thrown off schedule due to an A380 going tech. What actually happened? I thought MH has a surplus single A380 but maybe not as the HKG service was sub by a 772...and the LHR service delayed by as long as 11 hours.

Time for MAS to invest in few more A380?? Hong Kong Airlines, Kingfisher and Virgin Atlantic slots are wide open. Lufthansa had cancelled order for two more. AF-KLM is also considering cancelling their two more A380s.

These last couple of days the A380 services to LHR and HKG was thrown off schedule due to an A380 going tech. What actually happened? I thought MH has a surplus single A380 but maybe not as the HKG service was sub by a 772...and the LHR service delayed by as long as 11 hours.

I heard that it was due to a problem with one of the pax doors.

I heard that it was due to a problem with one of the pax doors.

One of the doors found cracked. Known to be industry problem.

Anyone has information?

MH2 KUL-LHR 9M-MND (08/11/2013)

10730146253_33888fb985_b.jpg
image001x.jpg by mysraf_sg2, on Flickr

Another technical problem with the A380. Now timed to depart tonight at 23.35 as MH2D. The return flight from LHR (MH3) is obviously also delayed.

Hope it doesn't happen again tonight, I'm on MH2 today.

Edited by apmeredith

#‎MASalert‬ - Retiming of MH002 & MH003 (ORIGINAL DEPARTURE DATE 7 NOVEMBER 2013)

Ladies & gentlemen,

Please be advised that Malaysia Airlines flight MH002 of 7 November 2013 scheduled to depart Kuala Lumpur at 11.55pm and arrive London the next day at 5.35am has now been retimed.

It is rescheduled to depart Kuala Lumpur as MH002D at 11.30pm on 8 November 2013, and is expected to arrive London the next day at 5.00am.

The original return flight MH003 of 8 November 2013 from London, scheduled to depart at 10.50am and arrive Kuala Lumpur the next day at 7.15am is also retimed.

It is now rescheduled to depart as MH003D from London at 9.00am on 9 November 2013 and arrive Kuala Lumpur at 5.25am the next day.

As safety of its passengers is of utmost priority to the airline, the retiming is necessary to allow for repair work on the aircraft.

Customers are encouraged to check latest update through Flight Status on www.malaysiaairlines.com or call Malaysia Airlines 24-hours Call Centre at 1-300-88-3000 or Malaysia Airlines UK office at 0871 423 9090

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

So there will be MH002D departing @23:30 and MH002 departing @23:55 ?

Presumably both arriving about same time into LHR too ? Amazing they are able to have slots and gates available there to accomodate :)

I hope they handled the delay well...Reading reviews, MAS employees seem clueless as to the procedures involved in a delay. Perhaps it stems from poor english?

Not at all. Our English better than Singapore. :p

Anyway, I think it's more to do with training in preparation for the unexpected.

Not at all. Our English better than Singapore. :p

That sentence itself is already grammatically wrong.

Yalor, should be 'more better' than Seen-Ziah-Boh whot

I not wlong leh

:p

I hope they handled the delay well...Reading reviews, MAS employees seem clueless as to the procedures involved in a delay. Perhaps it stems from poor english?

The passengers ground handling procedures including long delays are well documented. The processes introduced in MAS are compatible with other operators, however, the implementation is much desired. The biggest handicap is lackadaisical attitude shown by employees and management team.

The passengers ground handling procedures including long delays are well documented. The processes introduced in MAS are compatible with other operators, however, the implementation is much desired. The biggest handicap is lackadaisical attitude shown by employees and management team.

SATS in Singapore set up a flight disruption team just to handle delays and flight disruption. MH ada kah?

SATS in Singapore set up a flight disruption team just to handle delays and flight disruption. MH ada kah?

MAS also has a special delay team headed by a Duty Manager. It's the people that fail.

I was on the MH2 flight that turned back! Currently waiting in the lounge again for MH2D! That report is exactly what happened. The staff i would say did an adequate job but i believe more could be done. We had to wait in the flight for a while before we disembarked. I think First and Economy passengers were fully informed as they were briefed when they disembarked at the gate as they were held there but business passengers were told to go straight to the regional lounge and we waited there for a long time with no updates until 7am until they said we were put up at the Putrajaya Marriot hotel. They informed us that baggage would be off loaded but in the end that didn't happen and most of us that don't have a change of clothes are still wearing the same stuff. MAS did provide us breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel though.

Yalor, should be 'more better' than Seen-Ziah-Boh whot

I not wlong leh

:p

Ooi BC, watch it... we know where you live! :p

That sentence itself is already grammatically wrong.

The standard of our English Is better than Singapore

Edited by S V Choong