MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

But it will be somewhat more painful to transfer from T1/3 to T4... you will need to do that via Hatton Cross.

if someone flies to Malaysia

Just seen photos of the new BA A380 in full livery.

Stunning looking aircraft.

MH - please repaint your A380's.

If my aging brain serves me correctly, here's my short tube transfer guide. (not including heathrow express or buses)

The piccadilly line and is designed in such a way: -

If you're coming from London City and...

1) Going to T1/3 - Any train (they're marked T1,3,4 and T1,3,5) not going to the Uxbridge branch will take you to terminal 1 and 3.

2) Going to T4 - and if you don't want an interchange alonge the way only the first train above

3) Going to T5 - and if you don't want an interchange along the way only the second train above

If you're already in LHR and transferring:

4) Going T1 to T3 or Vice Versa - You walk. It uses the same station.

5) Going T1 or T3 to T5 - Take the tube westbound one stop. On the trains marked 1,3,5 - Free but only if you use an oyster card.

6) Going T5 to T1 or T3 - Take the tube eastbound one stop, any train. Free but only with an oyster card also

7) Going T1/3 to T4 - Take tube eastbound one stop to hatton cross, any train, cross the platform take Westbound train marked 1,3,4 (goes to T4 first) NOT Free even with oyster, because hatton cross is not included (not 100% sure but i believe this station is excluded from the free zone)

8 ) Going T4 to T1/3 - Take any tube (T4 station is only one platform IIRC and only one direction) - One stop to T1/3. Free with oyster

9) Going T4 to T5 - any tube, one stop to T1/3 station. Change platform westbound to trains marked T1/3/5. Free with oyster

10) Going T5 to T4 - Any Tube (T5 is terminus so all trains departing are city bound) - Two stops to hatton cross. Change plaform westbound and board trains marked T1/3/4. Will go T4 first. NOT Free even with oyster, because hatton cross is not included (not 100% sure but i believe this station is excluded from the free zone)

Edited by Suzanne Goh

How complicated LOL. It makes the inter-terminal changing at the usually dissed CDG with its free CDGVAL shuttle trains, a walk in the park.

Suzanne, there are easier ways than what you said. Heathrow express provide a free service from t4 to t1,2,3.

And there are also the bus transfers between the terminals. Last time I went from T4 to T3 (in October), it was super easy! I think it took about 20 mins from the door of my plane to the security at T3.

The AVOD control is the phone. You have to flip it to the other side.

Wrong. I was surprised there are no inseat phones on the A380. Asked how to use the phone and the crew scrambled to figure it out returning only to tell it isn't available. Can't believe the airline overlooked this on their flagship airplane. Come on...

Then again one can argue nobody uses the inseat phone anyway...

Another pretty full flight on MH4 from KUL to LHR this morning. Only 1 spare seat in F, J is completely full and there are only about 10 free seats in Y. Impressive, given that it's a mid-week flight and also the less popular of the two to LHR.

MAS To Fly A380 Daily To HK On May 1

KUALA LUMPUR, April 19 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines (MAS) will commence daily Airbus A380 services on the Kuala Lumpur-Hong Kong route from May 1, 2013.

In a statement today, MAS said the 494-seater super jumbo will be replacing one of the current Boeing B737-800 double daily services on this route.

"Flight MH72 from Kuala Lumpur will now depart at 9.15am and arrive in Hong Kong at 1.05pm, while MH73 from Hong Kong leaves at 2.45pm and arrives in Kuala Lumpur at 6.25pm," it said here today.

Hong Kong will be the national carrier's third A380 destination after London and Paris.

In conjunction with the introduction, MAS said the preferred premium airline will be offering attractive Economy Class fares from Kuala Lumpur to Hong Kong on the A380 from now until May 20, 2013, for travel from May 1 until Nov 30, 2013.

It said with super deals from only RM380 one-way and RM760 return all-inclusive, customers can now experience refined travel on Malaysia Airlines' A380 Economy Class which comprises a total of 420 seats.

"With the A380 replacing the B737-800, Malaysia Airlines is also introducing First Class travel on this route.

"The super jumbo has eight First Class seats on the main deck, which converts into a full flat bed of 87 inches in length and a width of 40 inches, making it the widest seats amongst other airlines," it said.

Meanwhile, MAS said its travel arm MASholidays is offering family-fun vacation packages for 4Days/3Nights Hong Kong Free and Easy with City Tour from RM1416, 4Days/3Nights Hong Kong Disneyland Tour with City Tour from RM1800 and 4Days/3Nights Hong Kong Ocean Park Tour with City Tour from RM1776.

It said these packages include all-inclusive return Economy Class air ticket, hotel accommodation at selected three- to four-star hotels on a twin-sharing basis, tours and transfers (where applicable and as specified in the itinerary) and entry passes to Hong Kong Disneyland or Ocean Park.

"Book your travel on Malaysia Airlines through all distribution channels mainly www.malaysiaairlines.com, Malaysia Airlines 24-hour toll-free number 1-300-88-3000, Malaysia Airlines ticket offices and appointed agents throughout Malaysia," it said.

For more information and booking on MASholidays packages, log on to http://holiday.malaysiaairlines.com or call 03-7863 4000.

I thought it was supposed to replace the 772? The 738 is still flying for the 2nd daily flight or it is now the A330? They change aircraft too frequent till it's confusing

As of today, MH72/73 is done by A333 and MH78/79 is done by B738. B772 is no longer doing HKG run.Yupp, the article is misleading.

:hi:

Guess bean counter is calling the shot to have A388 on KUL-HKG to avoid A388 idling at KUL. If MH could offer such a low fare on A388, why it didn't offer similar or slightly higher fare to fill daily multiple A33E on KUL-HKG earlier?

Guess bean counter is calling the shot to have A388 on KUL-HKG to avoid A388 idling at KUL. If MH could offer such a low fare on A388, why it didn't offer similar or slightly higher fare to fill daily multiple A33E on KUL-HKG earlier?

Simple...there are obviously less "surplus" seats to throw away at bargain prices on the 33E. And on the 388, only a (small) proportion of seats are sold at those bargain fares.

Massive delay for this one, what happened? Should've arrived yesterday 5.30pm I think, but only now appearing ...

MH1D-1.jpg

A380 daily to HongKong at an all inclusive RM760..! wow .. don't mind going over for a spot of shopping and back ...

Massive delay for this one, what happened? Should've arrived yesterday 5.30pm I think, but only now appearing

A380 9MMNE had a long delay exLHR due to a crack at the aft cargo control panel after being hit by a baggage loader causing a 3.5 in crack. Waiting for repair and clearance from KUL engineering and Airbus industries

Guest Michael

What sort of noise cancelling headsets are in use in business class now?