MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Amazing promo video! Really could bring tears of joy to any avid follower of the A380.

One question: From footage of the 1st delivery ceremony to all the 9 operators [from 2:10 until 2:45], why MH's is the least exciting with almost no fanfare at all? This is also well supported with this dedicated microsite, http://www.a380delivery.com/ where MH's info is the most basic (just a link to Airbus' press statement page, no special layout, no videos of the ceremony et. al like the other 8 operators). Why is it so?

No fanfare because unlike the others November Alpha was delivered half finished since it needed a new cabin configuration thanks to the whole AK-MH "collaboration" & it was sorely needed for the proving flight & training purposes. Otherwise the first flight to LHR on 1 July would have been delayed.

In fact, I think MH's A380 entry into service is the most low key of all the airlines!

Nice video! Doesn't look like a pretty aeroplane, but it's my favourite cause it goes less bumpity bump in the night, and it's nice and wide (like me!)

True

Less bumpy and superwide

Though I don't like the Business Class seat especially on my 'pinggang' part....

Saw this after touching down yesterday. one beautiful plane it is. Rego was 9K-KNE i think..not too sure as i couldnt figure it out even after squinting my eyes and my short lenses.

ssss2.jpg

I've been checking ExpertFlyer regularly to see how MH is doing with their A380s to LHR and CDG. Loads have been very healthy from what I can see so far. CDG flights are seeing loads of >90-95% in Y, >90% in J and about 50% in F. LHR flights (both MH2 and MH4) are seeing loads of >90% in Y, >90-95%in J and >50% in F.

Loads for flights to/from SYD have also been very healthy since MH joined OneWorld. I've never seen the J class on these flights so full!

Edited by Josh T

I've been checking ExpertFlyer regularly to see how MH is doing with their A380s to LHR and CDG. Loads have been very healthy from what I can see so far. CDG flights are seeing loads of >90-95% in Y, >90% in J and about 50% in F. LHR flights (both MH2 and MH4) are seeing loads of >90% in Y, >90-95%in J and >50% in F.

Loads for flights to/from SYD have also been very healthy since MH joined OneWorld. I've never seen the J class on these flights so full!

Positive development I think.....

but how about other routes? the 380 maybe full......let's see how they fill their 777 and 330 as well as 738

Just curious, can anyone confirm that the headphone jacks on the MH A380 YCL is 2-pin? Was thinking of using my own headphones for my upcoming flight to CDG.

Thanks.

Just curious, can anyone confirm that the headphone jacks on the MH A380 YCL is 2-pin? Was thinking of using my own headphones for my upcoming flight to CDG.

Thanks.

Yes..

On the contrary, SQ has reduced the A380 flight to SYD and MEL and double daily to NRT, 3 times A380 on SIN - LHR has also been reduced to 2 times daily.

My point is... if they maintain the double daily flights to LHR and one daily flight to CDG and at the same time fly their 388 to NRT once a day, their 388 operation surely is going to run into problems when one aircraft suddenly goes tech. They are not deploying their 388 to NRT now but it is already affecting their flight operation on certain days, imagine what is going to happen if they really push the utilization of their 388 even further. Besides, NRT is nowhere near to KUL.

If A380 is proving to be popular for MAS, do they have any future plan to order more? Seem the likes of QF, SQ and LH ordered more.

Should MAS follow suit?

2 TR in F class already spotted in Flyertalk forum

...and one of them wasn't exactly stellar... :excl:

Someone needs to remind the crew the first two rules with F-class pax:

1. You do not pester your F-class pax

2. You DO NOT pester your F-class pax

And also of note both of the TRs also highlighted the underperforming IFE contents in terms of offerings. They need to beef up on that too.

Edited by Y. J. Foo

My experience in F on their A380 in October last year was stellar!

If A380 is proving to be popular for MAS, do they have any future plan to order more? Seem the likes of QF, SQ and LH ordered more.

Should MAS follow suit?

If they ever order more, it'll just be 2 to cater for flights to SYD and MEL (if they are allowed to increase the number of seats).

...and one of them wasn't exactly stellar... :excl:

Someone needs to remind the crew the first two rules with F-class pax:

1. You do not pester your F-class pax

2. You DO NOT pester your F-class pax

And also of note both of the TRs also highlighted the underperforming IFE contents in terms of offerings. They need to beef up on that too.

I notice the food offering on F in both TR looks a bit underwhelming in terms of presentation and portion...

So MH is going to launch A380 service to HKG eff on 1st May 2013...

Kuala Lumpur – Hong Kong
eff 01MAY13 Airbus A380 replaces A330-300 on MH072/073. On 28FEB13, Malaysia Airlines on twitter mentioned it will begin A380 to Hong Kong from 01APR13. This remains incorrect at time this post goes to press, as MH system continues to display A330 operation in April 2013
eff 15JUN13 Service increases from 2 to 3 daily (plan remains unchanged)

http://airlineroute.net/2013/03/27/mh-s13update3/

yesterday's MH A380 flight from CDG was delayed for more than 10 hours due to technical problem.....

so kesian.....

According to MH crew; delay due to technical is relatively often on A380.

Special celebration for the homecoming of MSN114, the 100th delivered A380 and the final A380 frame for MH. Registered as 9M-MNF.

And I think that's Suhaimi Fariz at 0:11.

I think AJ has just shut the door on anymore 380 orders :)

Also, could be just me, but that bit about making day trip to HK is just idle waffling really :D

AF starts its KUL service in less than 3 weeks, lets see how well these loads hold. Its not surprising that you can fill an airplane when you have a monopoly but throw in some competition and lets see.

It honestly boggles my mind how MAS can have a monopoly on so many of its routes and still be performing so poorly :finger:

I think AJ has just shut the door on anymore 380 orders :)

Also, could be just me, but that bit about making day trip to HK is just idle waffling really :D

You don't miss anything if you haven't flown on MH A380... I would prefer to fly on any other airlines' A380.

"I think 6 is sufficient for what we are doing right now" -AJ
Well that answers everything..

You don't miss anything if you haven't flown on MH A380... I would prefer to fly on any other airlines' A380.

If you are flying economy, LH's A380s are very cramped.