MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

MH can't bring the A380 to SYD even if they want to because the capacity cap has been reached with D7 now flying to SYD and MH is not going to give up a 2nd daily flight just so that they can fly the A380 there.

I saw ( on TV this evening) the air Asia X guy , with the mid Atlantic/ pacific accent , saying that air aia will look into expanding it current offering ESP in key cities like sydney and Melbourne ( IIRC )

I saw ( on TV this evening) the air Asia X guy , with the mid Atlantic/ pacific accent , saying that air aia will look into expanding it current offering ESP in key cities like sydney and Melbourne ( IIRC )

They can look into it but they won't be able to.

16200638.png

MAS takes 100th A380 delivery tomorrow. Anyone know what time exactly will this aircraft land.

I believe 29 March. No, not a joke - the actual flight home is on 28.

Tomorrow's event would be the formal change of ownership and then Airbus is going to have a celebration with their staff & AJ might or might not be there to say a few words etc.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Maybe they took delivery, and then send it to the accessory shop for some modifications.

Some glitches could be expected. Luckily no big deals, just pity to those supposedly excited passengers to board the big jumbo to KUL were turned down for over 6 hours delay.

I noticed that MH A380 services was delayed frequently since their inception last year due to technical problem I presume. Once (22nd December) I watched an A380 servicing as MH4 was doing rejected take off, rolled back to gate and could see MND towed to the gate to replace that flight. How come a brand new aircraft could suffer a lot of technical problem?

How come a brand new aircraft could suffer a lot of technical problem?

A plane is a highly complex machinery with a lot of parts. Being new doesn't guarantee that it will be free from technical niggles - see the Boeing 787.

Current flights to London have been retimed since 15 March... Does anyone know why?

Good thing they have decided not to go ahead with their plan to fly the 388 to NRT!

Good thing they have decided not to go ahead with their plan to fly the 388 to NRT!

On the contrary, SQ has reduced the A380 flight to SYD and MEL and double daily to NRT, 3 times A380 on SIN - LHR has also been reduced to 2 times daily.

Amazing promo video! Really could bring tears of joy to any avid follower of the A380.

One question: From footage of the 1st delivery ceremony to all the 9 operators [from 2:10 until 2:45], why MH's is the least exciting with almost no fanfare at all? This is also well supported with this dedicated microsite, http://www.a380delivery.com/ where MH's info is the most basic (just a link to Airbus' press statement page, no special layout, no videos of the ceremony et. al like the other 8 operators). Why is it so?

Amazing promo video! Really could bring tears of joy to any avid follower of the A380.

One question: From footage of the 1st delivery ceremony to all the 9 operators [from 2:10 until 2:45], why MH's is the least exciting with almost no fanfare at all? This is also well supported with this dedicated microsite, http://www.a380delivery.com/ where MH's info is the most basic (just a link to Airbus' press statement page, no special layout, no videos of the ceremony et. al like the other 8 operators). Why is it so?

Because MH bags the highlight? No 100 is MH's.

Nice video! Doesn't look like a pretty aeroplane, but it's my favourite cause it goes less bumpity bump in the night, and it's nice and wide (like me!)