MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Ahahahahaa
she used to marry a singer from Malaysia....

but...I did not have enough time to explore the whole Business Class cabin during my previous trip!
so, I failed to look for the shoes compartment!
:)

Hattan's ex wife. Met her in some of my flights too.

A question, why orchid is excessively being used in the front and upper cabins? Why we are not using hibiscus? Both orchid and hibiscus are non fragrant flowers but orchid is awfully synonymous with TG, a close competitor.

Airpearl is being interviewed as well in one of the video!

Hattan's ex wife. Met her in some of my flights too.

A question, why orchid is excessively being used in the front and upper cabins? Why we are not using hibiscus? Both orchid and hibiscus are non fragrant flowers but orchid is awfully synonymous with TG, a close competitor.

Perhaps because orchid can last longer (~2 weeks) while hibiscus withers within a day?

:rolleyes: wow...it took them so long to release this video ? well...better late then never MAS...

Perhaps because orchid can last longer (~2 weeks) while hibiscus withers within a day?

That's true. Hibiscus won't even last until the aircraft takeoff. Orchid and rose last longer.

Not sure if this video has been posted, just caught it on my twitter feed, posted by @MAS

Our A380 - An Incredible Journey Begins!

Nice videos. Their first class product on the A380 is just wonderful. I hope to experience it again one day. I'm looking forward to trying out the business class on their A380s this year!

quite hillarious to see for the Business Class video, wherein promoting bigger stowage but both the FA and the passenger looked desperate to push in the bag in the overhead bin :)

and signature drink should be Sirap with Selaseh :)

Why why why those " Aigner " perfumes ?

It's an overpowering and suffocating fragrance and drying to the skin.

Especially noticeable on long distance when trying to sleep.

From the video I prefer , the clarins / tumi bag to the Bulgari one

At least clarins is a real skin care product.

I would prefer a natural skincare range so it can be used.

JAL has gotten it spot on with their toiletries , non scented general hand soap in the WC

Gentle and neutral skincare... With mouthwash.

I have always liked the CX shoehorn too.

MH , take note !

Edited by amanairways

quite hillarious to see for the ....

and signature drink should be Sirap with Selaseh :)

Not sirap , that's sickeningly sweet and an acquired taste .

Something fresh and healthy would be preferred ....with soda to add a lift.

Not sirap , that's sickeningly sweet and an acquired taste . Something fresh and healthy would be preferred ....with soda to add a lift.

A slightly salty version of fresh air limau would be perfect. Can be served, hot, cold .. mixed with soda or just water :)

It seems like the MAS A380 is proving to be popular with travellers, anyone reckon MAS should order perhaps another 6 and flies to more destination like Sydney or Melbourne.
SIA obviously ordered more bacause it's attracting customers. Inflight service is one thing and MAS is great too in my opinion and from experience.

Will more orders for the A380 attracts more customers?

It seems like the MAS A380 is proving to be popular with travellers, anyone reckon MAS should order perhaps another 6 and flies to more destination like Sydney or Melbourne.

SIA obviously ordered more bacause it's attracting customers. Inflight service is one thing and MAS is great too in my opinion and from experience.

Will more orders for the A380 attracts more customers?

Yes definitely, A380 has been popular with airlines which are flying them now. However for MH's case, I don't think any other MH's route can sustain daily A380. Both route can be easily covered by Qantas if they do return. There should be a joint venture between QF and MH. Daily A380 for MH Sydney and Melbourne will overkill the routes.

The six A380 are just nice for MH. Last thing we would want for MH is to be bloated with excess capacity.

There should be a joint venture between QF and MH .....

Maybe too much bad blood been spilled between those two recently for that to come to fruition anytime soon :D

The six A380 are just nice for MH. Last thing we would want for MH is to be bloated with excess capacity.

For too long, MH has been doing things for prestige reasons. Why the need to show off? MH may have been a six continent airline in the past. It no longer is now. What is more important now is for MH to run on commercially sound principles and make profits.

Profits will be the foundation for future growth. Future growth prospects are brightest in the Asia Pacific region. MH already has the new equipment that is needed for Asia Pacific operations.

While it is nice to show off that we have x number of A380s, we need a business case to justify them. We don't want to see them lazing around on remote stands in KUL (like the B744s previously did) and not contributing to MH's business. It is better to have six hardworking A380s than to have dozens of unused ones.

Just to add, for our conscious sake, each A380 costs about RM 1 billion.

Presumably at list prices? (which MH would not have paid that as a launch customer, probably 40% discount).

Yes, considering we won't be able to know for exact how much the A380 customers paid for each of their airliners. The point is, a capital expenditure commitment as huge as purchasing an A380 should be backed up by a solid business plan. Not because SQ orders some more or we may be able to fly it to SYD and MEL because SQ flies theirs there as well.