MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

You saying the deployment of A380 was not approved by the government?

AU government wants a pound of flesh in exchange for allowing the A380 to go into Australia. In the long run it will murder MH.

Which is why I find TF's spat with Wee Choo Keong on Twitter recently amusing.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

AU government wants a pound of flesh in exchange for allowing the A380 to go into Australia. In the long run it will murder MH.

Which is why I find TF's spat with Wee Choo Keong on Twitter recently amusing.

Exactly what kind of exchange? Allowing QF to do whatever they want in KLIA?

Guest Michael

Well it is silly that MH is not being allowed to fly their A380 to SYD just because QF said no it has nothing to do with them at all.

Maybe, just maybe, QF and MH are in talks for a code share agreement between KUL and SYD, so QF might be restarting flights into KUL and as a result, wants to utilize its slots for SYD-KUL-SYD to capture some market share for onward connections to other Asian/Asean destinations. Who knows :acute:

Maybe, just maybe, QF and MH are in talks for a code share agreement between KUL and SYD, so QF might be restarting flights into KUL and as a result, wants to utilize its slots for SYD-KUL-SYD to capture some market share for onward connections to other Asian/Asean destinations. Who knows :acute:

Is QF even interested in OneWorld at all now?

TG also planned to send A380 to SYD, but the plan was shelved. So, I believe it has to do with capacity cap, as mentioned before.

Got to work on the open skies policy now! Like between KUL & BKK, I hope there could be more airlines like budget carrier plying on this route. KUL and SIN are now working fine, like around Christmas and New Year, you could still book the flight at 200 MYR and below!

TG also planned to send A380 to SYD, but the plan was shelved. So, I believe it has to do with capacity cap, as mentioned before.

So why are D7 allowed to operate more flights with this supposed capacity cap?!

The capacity cap was reached because D7 operated more flights!

:aggressive:

Ok so if it's between the A330 and B772 for SYD-KUL-SYD, which would you take? I love the seat pitch of the 772 but is the A330 better overall? Will be travelling in J with wife and a toddler.

I love the enormous pitch on the B772 J cabin. I haven't tried the J in the A33E yet, so I can't compare.

Is it normal that the seat pitch would be different on different equipment despite from the same airline?

Is it normal that the seat pitch would be different on different equipment despite from the same airline?

Yes, try Emirates from A330 to A380 to B777-200ER to B777-300ER to B777-300 to A345...every single type has different seat pitch.

Even rows in the same cabin of the same aircraft of the same airline may have different seat pitch.

Yes, try Emirates from A330 to A380 to B777-200ER to B777-300ER to B777-300 to A345...every single type has different seat pitch.

On EK's 380 alone - there is different pitch in J between the window/center vs Aisle seats, nevermind across the fleet.

The window/center seats have a few inches more than the aisles because of the stagger seat design.