MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

If they ever order more A380s, I foresee them only needing 2 more at the most (for a total of 8).

All the photos in that webpage are either the old F seat on the B744 or the new J seat on the A380.

MHFproduct.png

This is MH's current F seat on the A380.

2131334.jpg

2136592.jpg

2130043.jpg

As shown, the seat is very premium and definitely not 'so Business'. It is the same seat that is used by Etihad Airways for their F product, which has been voted as the world's best F product by Skytrax for 3 years running now.

Yes, MH is to be blamed here for showing the wrong photos in its main webpage in its website about its own F product.

Yes, MH is to be blamed here for showing the wrong photos in its main webpage in its website about its own F product.

Common MAS, attention to details!

The first interior colours are so ugly and clashes.

A nightmare to wake up to.

Why couldn't they use soothing and calmer colours ?

Red or maroon is not calming !

And to have yellow sheets ....urgghhhh

The first interior colours are so ugly and clashes.

A nightmare to wake up to.

Why couldn't they use soothing and calmer colours ?

Red or maroon is not calming !

And to have yellow sheets ....urgghhhh

The colour scheme in the new First class is excellent. The duvet is beige, not yellow. I have personally experienced the new seat and I find the colour scheme warm and inviting yet luxurious.

Hi Josh,

Have you tried the new J on the A380 and if ye show does it compare to the previous J on the 772/747?

Also I have tried the F on the 747 and liked it even though it is old now, how does that compare to the new F if you had the chance to try both?

And lastly does the new MH F A380 have caviar on the menu :)

Cheers,

K.

Hi Josh,

Have you tried the new J on the A380 and if ye show does it compare to the previous J on the 772/747?

Also I have tried the F on the 747 and liked it even though it is old now, how does that compare to the new F if you had the chance to try both?

Cheers,

K.

Hi Kenn,

I haven't tried the new J on the A380 yet, so I can't comment on that.

I have tried F on the B744 and I really like it too but the F on the A380 is miles ahead. It is a very well-designed seat. It's wide with excellent pitch, of course. It feels very private but not claustrophobic. Lots of storage space. Very tastefully coloured. There is god padding on the seat that makes the seat/bed firm but not hard. The fabric used feels nice but not slippery like on a leather seat. This seat looked good from the pictures but was so much better in reality.

As for the menu, no more caviar unfortunately. However, you can still get lobster via Chef-On-Call.

Now is the best time to experience MH F and J on the A380. Check the Enrich thread. 80,000 Enrich miles for a one way tix on F and 27,500 miles for a one way J tix. For J, it is the best bargain ever. For F, I had the chance to redeem the old F seat one way KUL-LHR for 35,000 miles only when MH had the same 50% promo during the quarter of November 2009 - January 2010.

Now is the best time to experience MH F and J on the A380. Check the Enrich thread. 80,000 Enrich miles for a one way tix on F and 27,500 miles for a one way J tix. For J, it is the best bargain ever. For F, I had the chance to redeem the old F seat one way KUL-LHR for 35,000 miles only when MH had the same 50% promo during the quarter of November 2009 - January 2010.

Good thinking! :)

Does anyone know roughly when MH flights will become bookable via Oneworld partners, hopefully well before 1 Feb 2013? With BMI gone and MH joining Oneworld soon, I think its time take my AAdvantage miles a bit more seriously...

I really hope that they are not following SQ footsteps by blocking their new products from partners redemption.

Hi Josh,

Cheers,

K.

Finishing of new J seats is quite poor. Loose panels & screws on 4 of the 6 seats booked. Comfort wise I didn't notice a difference between the new and old. Has to be noted that on the new J, the seat locks up once the table is taken out of the armrest. So you're pretty much stuck until the flight attendant clears the table.

Also no guava juice for inbound KUL flights.

Edited by Timothy

MAS to serve caviar on first class KL-London flights

PETALING JAYA: Guests flying first class with Malaysia Airlines on the Kuala Lumpur-London route will be served caviar.

The national carrier said the inclusion of the delicacy for first class guests on its flagship A380 aircraft was part of a series of product enhancements.

“We constantly listen to our guests' feedback on their journey and experience with us. Therefore, we are excited to offer this premium choice to our First Class guests as a five-star carrier serving exceptional inflight meals with top quality ingredients,” said Malaysia Airlines Director of Customer Services Datuk Salleh Ahmad Tabrani in a statement.

“From Nov 1, guests on our A380 First Class will be treated to an epicurean journey with the finest Sevruga caviar which they can pair with a wide selection of wines. This complements our gourmet choice offerings, especially if you let us know your meal preference ahead through the Chef-on-Call service,” he added.

Malaysia Airlines currently operates daily A380 flights between Kuala Lumpur and London.

The airline said the frequency will be increased to a double daily A380 service beginning Nov 24.

It also said the Kuala LumpurParis will be the A380's next route and will commence on March 1 next year, replacing the current B777 daily services on the route.

Source: The Star

What or which part exactly is new? I thought Caviar has always been available through chef-on-call much earlier before this press statement. And much earlier than that on the 744 F service.

Exactly my thoughts as there is another thread on this subject running too... Am pretty sure i was served caviar too before a few years ago... Was a little better plated than the pic mind you..

Anyhow, is the next press release going to be 'MAS to have seats that recline'..???

Exactly my thoughts as there is another thread on this subject running too... Am pretty sure i was served caviar too before a few years ago... Was a little better plated than the pic mind you..

Anyhow, is the next press release going to be 'MAS to have seats that recline'..???

Local press running out of things to publish? :pardon: