MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Thai A380 is the best A380 livery, ever. :)

It is a shame that they don't paint the horizontal stabilizers and rudders in purple anymore!

Im with Edwin with this one.. Livery looks nice to me.. China southern colour is boring and same with Lufthansa.. But Thai is a bit nicer compared to MH.. This 'nu skool' colour doesnt fit to everyone I guess..

same with me... tho i still not yet see it myself. I particularly like the round shape when the two side joined with each other.... kinda of remind me with one of those aircraft from Star Trex. :D

Double A380 flights to LHR now confirmed.

Yes, I did a booking engine check for Dec 2012 and all flights are A380 flights.

I wonder if this change is seasonal, since December is super peak in the European season.

Malaysia Airlines is pleased to announce the introduction of its double daily Airbus A380 flights on the Kuala Lumpur-London return route effective 24 November 2012, increasing the weekly seat capacity by 16%, from 5971 to 6916 in each direction. This double daily service will be inaugurated after the national carrier receives another two of the six A380s by end of this month.

The national carrier will also commence daily A380 operations for Kuala Lumpur-Paris-Kuala Lumpur effective 01March 2013 next year, to replace the current B777 daily services on this route

Hope this helps.

Daily A380 to CDG? That's new. So far MH have announced LHR, PEK, NRT, SYD and MEL. I wonder which route will they drop from their plan to operate A380 to CDG.

Edited by Johan Z

My mother has a flight book ex LHR-KUL 26/11 returning 7/12 and its showing as a 777 each way. Looks like the MAS website hasnt been updated yet.

Malaysia Airlines Introduces Double Daily A380 Service To London

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 5 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines (MAS) will introduce double daily Airbus A380 flights from Kuala Lumpur to London from Nov 24.

The A380 flight's weekly seat capacity will increase by 16 per cent, from 5,971 to 6,916 for each direction.

The double daily service will be inaugurated after the national carrier receives another two of the six A380s by end-October.

Malaysia Airlines Chief Executive Officer, Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said the A380 operations on the Kuala Lumpur to London route, started from July 1 this year and the customer response had been encouraging.

"The introduction of the latest 5-Star product standards on the A380 was also complemented by Skytrax, United Kingdom, renewing our 5-Star Airline status.

"Encouraged by the success of our current daily A380 operations on this route, we have decided to replace the existing B747 daily flights, with the A380 to make it a double daily on the superjumbo," he said in a statement today.

The national carrier will also commence daily A380 operations for Kuala Lumpur-Paris-Kuala Lumpur, effective March 1 next year, to replace the current B777 daily services on this route.

^^ maybe one of the way they show middle finger to QANTAS for their tie up with EK?? hahaa. So, if double daily for KUL-LHR and daily KUL-CDG-KUL, we will not see any A380 service for Oz route. Even NRT get axe as well. IMO, MH definately need to buy 3 or 4 more of A380 :D

Edited by nrazmoor

Actually, 5 A380-800 are enough for double daily LHR service and one daily CDG service with the sixth frame as a spare. The spare 388 can be used for intra Asia route such as HKG or PVG but that's probably it. It's safe to say that Australia and Japan won't see MAS 388 should they stick to this new plan.

Is CDG service really that popular? A lot of Australians still like MH. Hope they won't cancel A380 to Australia.

^^ maybe one of the way they show middle finger to QANTAS for their tie up with EK?? hahaa

If that really is the case, then only two words to MH

GROW UP !! :D

This will be interesting :) I've got an F redemption KUL-SYD-KUL. Now, there's no more F on MH123/122 for when i'm travelling.

But...... you're not allowed to redeposit miles either. I wonder what they'll do now. :)

Should be Amsterdam instead of Paris

Its A380-800 is too premium heavy. They may need to reconfigure the plane to make AMS works...

Is CDG service really that popular?

CDG attracts of a lot premium traffic. Both SQ and TG sends their A380s to CDG even though it's not a *A hub. CX flies to CDG twice a day (with the 2 flights leaving within an hour or two apart while they only fly once a day to FRA). Oddly enough, AF can't even make BKK work!

This is great news for Europeans who want to fly MH A380 in C/F while avoiding UK's APD!

Actually, 5 A380-800 are enough for double daily LHR service and one daily CDG service with the sixth frame as a spare. The spare 388 can be used for intra Asia route such as HKG or PVG but that's probably it.

6th frame is for NRT (GDS is showing A380 while MH's website is B772). Seat map corresponds to B772 though (and F cabin is still not available for sale for MH 88/89).

Oddly enough, AF can't even make BKK work!

It once worked for them... for many years actually. But I guess the union is screwing the airline while Asian carriers don't have to worry much about workers union, so everything is working out just fine for them for their CDG flights.

6th frame is for NRT (GDS is showing A380 while MH's website is B772). Seat map corresponds to B772 though (and F cabin is still not available for sale for MH 88/89).

May no longer so with the latest changes. If the sixth frame is for NRT, then quite a few MAS A380-800 flights will face some serious delays when 1 or 2 A380-800 suddenly go tech. HKG or PVG are probably safer as both these cities are closer. Well, unless the 388 flight to NRT isn't a daily one... but then, if it isn't daily, then there isn't any point flying it to NRT as F passengers sure won't be too fond to find out there isn't a daily flight with F seats. Anyhow, this is just my wild guess. Will find out soon enough if NRT will still get the 388 service :)

Edited by Isaac