MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

EK was portrayed as a fictitious airline called "Afdal" owned by the Abu Dhabi Sheikh in the movie. The cabin interior, cabin crew uniform, Arabic Pringles etc are all of EK's. Heck they even have a scene at the bar at the back of the J class.

None of the film's scene was shoot in the UAE - Dubai or Abu Dhabi included.

[/size][/font][/color]

I did watch the movie too soon after it was released but from what i remember, the design and cabin set-up of the First Class cabin is similar to EK's but it is a bit different. The cabin crew uniform is a bit different too.

going to TRY to board MH2 on 15AUG.. yes TRY as I am using ZED ticket.. any insider can tell pm the load now as well as nearer to date?

Good luck but think you shouldnt have a problem..

Would be interesting to see if MH is filling their A380s like they say they are. I flew last week and the loads were light in all cabins. My mother flew a few days later and it was also half-empty so she says. This is after all high season with an additional peak with the Olympics...

I flew last week and the loads were light in all cabins. My mother flew a few days later and it was also half-empty so she says. This is after all high season with an additional peak with the Olympics...

Perhaps an indication that the 'avoid London' advice has been a bit more successful than expected ?! :D

refer here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19059880

I fear my dosage of cynicism in #2232 was also sub-optimal :D

Interesting to know if 'other' airlines are also experiencing lower than expected loads during what must be peak of all peaks travel period to/fro LHR :)

MEL has been added to the MH A380 schedule! This date coincides with SYD's transfer from 777 to A330. Flights are now bookable! Hopefully this move would allow MH to be more competitive against SQ who operates double daily A380's to MEL, EK's new A380 service to MEL and QF's current A380 service to LHR! :)

Malaysia Airlines starting 01MAR13 is launching Airbus A380 service on Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne route, where MH129/128 will be operated by Airbus A380 instead of A330-300 aircraft. Melbourne is MH's 4th destination operated by the Super Jumbo.

Reservation for A380 Melbourne flight opens today (06AUG12).

MH129 KUL1030 - 2110MEL 380 D

MH149 KUL2200 - 0755+1MEL 333 D

MH128 MEL0045 - 0545KUL 380 D

MH148 MEL1500 - 2030KUL 333 D

MH128 to be operated by A380 from 02MAR13

http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/158602/malaysia-airlines-to-launch-a380-service-to-melbourne/

Edited by soorox

Seems like the flight is horribly timed at 00:45 hrs. SQ has an A380 scheduled to depart in 1:00am as well, currently it is operated by their 77W and will be upgraded to A380 from Oct/Nov.

That timing is great for business passengers who want to get a full day's work done, then have a great connection from MEL all the way to LHR.

Stumbled upon these interesting photos. The abandoned Premium Economy cabin on MH A380.

2132353.jpg

2131336.jpg

The seat was on display onboard 9M-MNB in Farnborough recently but to be removed to make way for the normal Y seats prior to delivery to MH.

The premium economy is just like economy class, i can only found the different is the premium economy got foot rest and the space is wider...the economy class now no more foot rest, OMG!!!

going to TRY to board MH2 on 15AUG.. yes TRY as I am using ZED ticket.. any insider can tell pm the load now as well as nearer to date?

If you call 1300-88-3000 and make your meal listing, the CSO should be able to tell you how is the load looks like, better still if you approach any MAS check in staff and he/she should be able to let you know the exact booking ......... if only you approach them 'correctly' ...... :search:

:hi:

That timing is great for business passengers who want to get a full day's work done, then have a great connection from MEL all the way to LHR.

Then spent a whole working day between KUL and LHR.

Does anyone know the difference between A380-841 and A380-842? MH. SQ, LH seems to have A380-841s and QF seems to be getting A380-842..... engine rating perhaps?

Would have thought MH be getting -842 instead since it might be newer?

Does anyone know the difference between A380-841 and A380-842? MH. SQ, LH seems to have A380-841s and QF seems to be getting A380-842..... engine rating perhaps?

Would have thought MH be getting -842 instead since it might be newer?

Higher thrust.

Singapore and Lufthansa had engines rated at 70,000lbs thrust whereas the QANTAS engines were rated at 72,000lbs thrust. This was required to be able to be able to take off from the 8,000 ft runway at Los Angeles and reach Sydney or Melbourne with a viable payload.

http://www.theqantas...e.com/a380.html

Edited by Johan Z

Higher thrust.

Singapore and Lufthansa had engines rated at 70,000lbs thrust whereas the QANTAS engines were rated at 72,000lbs thrust. This was required to be able to be able to take off from the 8,000 ft runway at Los Angeles and reach Sydney or Melbourne with a viable payload.

http://www.theqantas...e.com/a380.html

Thanks Johan, very informative.

Well, I like that red/blue tail much more than the all-blue one...

2134517.jpg

source & link : http://www.airliners...55a61bdbba41074

this production line photo was taken a month ago, the one at the right is MSN 81 (9M-MNB) and I assume the other MH A380 on the left is their 3rd, MSN 084 or 4th MSN 089. I believe that video with the normal wau livery was taken many months ago during the test flight.