MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

MH's 380 at Farnborough rego is F-WWAJ, and going to be 9M-MNB, correct me if i'm wrong

MH's 380 at Farnborough rego is F-WWAJ, and going to be 9M-MNB, correct me if i'm wrong

Yes, it is this:

MSN 081 Airbus A380-841 - Test Reg: F-WWAJ First Flight: 17-01-2012 Reg: 9M-MNB

Saw it in the Reuters video of the interview with the Airbus CEO, Fabrice Brégier:

http://www.reuters.com/video/2012/07/09/airbus-vs-boeing-the-next-generation-dog?videoId=236400763&videoChannel=1

InsyaAllah I will be at the show on Sunday. Will post pics later! I last went to the show in 2008 I think. Been a while.

I thought captain Radzi's response was more about the main deck of the 747-400F. The zone where you sit all the pax... in an ordinary 747s..(lower deck cabin) as opposed to the belly space where you put the baggage containers. May be I have missed that.

I question is directed at the lower belly space (baggage container area) in between the wings. My guess is that it is pressurised and temperature well maintained? Otherwise we may have icy cold luggages?

[/font][/color]

Sorry, way O/T...

Well, if you transport your pet dog or cat and they go into the hold... surely that part of the cargo hold at least is also heated.

This Landor design is supposedly exclusive to the dugong fleet only - it has been mentioned and quoted a few times over already

The swoosh/Philippine flag design I suppose will be applied to the rest of the fleet ?

:)

The KUL-SIN-KUL sectors apparently will not happen.

Well, if you transport your pet dog or cat and they go into the hold... surely that part of the cargo hold at least is also heated.

Suppose so... IIRC, in the movies you get guys who venture down the baggage area. Even some crew rest area is at this level but inside a container pod. So it must be pressurised and temperature well maintained.

This Landor design is supposedly exclusive to the dugong fleet only - it has been mentioned and quoted a few times over already

The swoosh/Philippine flag design I suppose will be applied to the rest of the fleet ?

Yet to see the swoosh appears on the 777 fleet though... but I think it will look good. Giving a new lease of life to the mid-life 777s Having so many variations of livery just seemed to lack the consistency...

OT:

Movies are movies - they dramatise things!

If you had watched air crash investigation, you would have seen that those DC-10 and B747 crashes that were caused by cargo doors blowing out had caused the rapid depressurisation of the cabin. Aircraft nowadays have more holes in the floors of passenger cabins so that any loss of baggage hold doors will no longer rip the fuselage apart like in those old plane designs. I guess the only difference between the passenger cabin and the cargo hold is in the air conditioning department.

no, i meant only this aircraft will feature this livery right? are you sure the remaining 5 also will have the same livery?

800x600_1341839238_A380_MAS_UK_prime_minister_visit_01.jpg

UK Prime Minister welcomed on board Malaysia Airlines A380

9 JULY 2012

The A380 was the star of the opening day of the Farnborough International Airshow today, with a special visit from UK Prime Minister David Cameron.

Mr Cameron visited Malaysia Airlines’ (MAS) second Airbus A380, which is on display at the show Monday through Wednesday. The Prime Minister was given a warm welcome by MAS Group CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya, EADS CEO Tom Enders and Airbus President and CEO Fabrice Brégier, who showed him around the aircraft.

Malaysia Airlines has ordered six A380s seating 494 passengers in three classes, offering fully-flat beds in first and business classes. MAS’s first A380 began commercial operations on 1st July between Kuala Lumpur and London Heathrow.

Source: Airbus

Edited by flee

no, i meant only this aircraft will feature this livery right? are you sure the remaining 5 also will have the same livery?

Considering the Farnborough plane which will be Mike November Bravo is in the same colour - so yes, they will.

My understanding is that the differentiator between the A380 and the rest of the fleet is just the Wau logo. Only the flagship will use the blue Wau, while other planes have the usual red/blue Wau.

My understanding is that the differentiator between the A380 and the rest of the fleet is just the Wau logo. Only the flagship will use the blue Wau, while other planes have the usual red/blue Wau.

That's just the tail. What do you put on the body? The dull-blue thingy or the Phlippines LCC swoosh?

Malaysia Airlines signs MOU with Rolls-Royce for Trent 900 engine Totalcare programme on A380 fleet

Monday, 9 July 2012

Rolls-Royce, the global power systems company, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Malaysia Airlines for long-term TotalCare® services support for Trent 900 engines that will power its new fleet of six Airbus A380 aircraft.

Rolls-Royce already provides TotalCare support services for Trent 800 engines that power Malaysia Airlines’ fleet of 17 Boeing 777 aircraft.

Speaking at the Farnborough International Airshow, Ahmad Jauhari Yahya, Group CEO, Malaysia Airlines, said: “We are very happy with the support we receive from Rolls-Royce - TotalCare alleviates the burden of engine maintenance and provides significant financial savings. We look forward to receiving the same high level of support for our Trent 900 engines as we undertake this important fleet expansion.”

Phil Harris, Rolls-Royce, Senior Vice President – Civil Aerospace, said: “We are delighted that, having experienced the benefits of TotalCare, Malaysia Airlines is extending Rolls-Royce support to its new A380 fleet. With decades of experience in developing and supporting world leading jet engines, Rolls-Royce is best placed to provide this service. We look forward to expanding our partnership with this valued customer.”

Malaysia Airlines’ first Airbus A380 entered into service on July 1. The aircraft enables a non-stop service from Kuala Lumpur to any destination in Europe. The Trent 900 is currently in service with five airlines and powered the first Airbus A380 to enter service, in 2007.

In April, Rolls-Royce opened its first purpose-built customer service hub, at the main terminal building in Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), Malaysia. This will enable the Group to provide a high level of service to Malaysia Airlines and customers across South East Asia.

TotalCare long-term service agreements cover more than 90% of Trent engines globally and support almost 100% of customers in the Asia-Pacific region. They are designed to minimise customer financial risk and enhance operational performance and reliability, allowing operators to concentrate on their core business.

The Trent 900 is the engine of customer choice on the A380, selected by 11 of 16 airlines that have made an engine choice.

Source: http://www.rolls-royce.com/civil/news/2012/120709_malaysia_airlines_mou.jsp

First Skytrax review of the MH A380 first class is now up.

Any info on the delivery date and time of 9M-MNB? I believe is next week.

According to Hugh Dunleavy, early August.

Also the date for intro to SYD (MH123) is scheduled for Nov 25, now bookable on the website last time I looked.