MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Frankly, I am rather annoyed that we've suddenly deviated from the main topic of this thread. The main focus is about the plane and the flight itself, not about anything else. Do not get offended easily by what someone might say. I'm sure our member Hon Lin did not mean any trace of racism in his post, just probably the way he phrases it might seem different from the real message he's trying to deliver. Depends on how you view it too, am I right? So yeah, by the way I am really proud that our national carrier has achieved another milestone in its operations. Regardless of whether it's the eighth in the world to fly the A380 or the last in the world to fly it, it is still a milestone for the airline itself. That's what it should be about. Every step of the journey counts.=)

I think as a pilot the main important thing is either he competent enough to fly and carry the responsibility..

It doesnt matter if u black/white/yellow/pink/or grey...

And its up to management or the company to decide who that person is...

If u think ur the right person to be in that seat,then write a letter to MAS management...

wow, it bothers some people that much when even we MH pilots ourselves put our hands out to congratulate and wish the flight crew all the best on their inaugural journey without thinking if they're Malays, Chinese or Indians.. all we know is that they're MH pilots and frankly, thats all that matters to us.

Piloted by all malays? where's the 1Malaysia non-sense?

Some people are so thick in their head, and always/only see (every) things on racial tones. :nea:

wow, it bothers some people that much when even we MH pilots ourselves put our hands out to congratulate and wish the flight crew all the best on their inaugural journey without thinking if they're Malays, Chinese or Indians.. all we know is that they're MH pilots and frankly, thats all that matters to us.

Well said! :clapping:

We will get more things done if we just think about the job at hand rather than the race of the person doing it!

Must be a "lost-in-translation" issue last time around.

Either that, or it's yet another flip-flop we've seen.

Just wanted to share the dugong backside photo. Taken from FD3574 opb HS-ABC on 29 June.

9MMNA_5703.jpg

You sure not all four of them budu-swilling Kelantanese? Hahaha!

Frankly the thought of the DNAs of these folks never crossed my mind, I was only too proud to have an MH380 landing at LHR ... how naïve I have been. :)

Piloted by all malays? where's the 1Malaysia non-sense?

For info the Fleet Manager for A380 is Capt Basil Marian.

I don't know about other departments in MH, but as far as Flight Operation is concerned, the most suitable person will get the job.

I was just thinking about how cool it would be if each of the A380s sported a different MAS livery that has existed over the years. There's this new blue one, the recent swoosh, the current standard with cheatline, the old red one...

....one heliconia, one hibiscus.... and that will complete the set of six.