MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Errr

to fly, there is new circular regarding with airlines we fly.

it is no longer all MH flights, you can go for AK, and FY. Whichever cheaper....

Recently,my father did a field trip on behalf of a state government department. Initially, he was booked with MAS, but got last minute change to QR...reason was...ticket was cheaper....

Thanks. Looking forward to the pictures and video if possible :) And hoping it will come to SYD in the not too distant future :)

Based on the press release, they will be deploying their first dugongs to LHR, the third one to SYD effective 25 Nov 2012, the fourth one to NRT, the fifth one to PEK and the last one is yet to be decided.

As for the logo the blue will be for the flagship fleet. Everything else will be the red blue logo, thanks to demand by the public.

And how about the livery ? Nice videos by the way :drinks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHTAqNm8mdA&feature=g-all-u

The fly past.

As for the logo the blue will be for the flagship fleet. Everything else will be the red blue logo, thanks to demand by the public.

How about the newly created MAS short haul sporting all RED.....

What will be MH official logo in the offices, websites and so on....blue, red/blue or something else

What will be MH official logo in the offices, websites and so on....blue, red/blue or something else

MAS seems to be suffering from an identity crisis on its logo. Some it is red/blue and now it is blue. The aircrafts can be painted in whatever colour but at least have a uniform coloured logo on all its aircraft.

That video's shot by my boss who's got access to the Obs Hill with Capt. TK & Jon Kong

Wow, AJ spotting with TK and JK at Obs Hill - nice :p

Here is the fact sheet given during the ceremony.

Thank you so much for sharing this :drinks:

Thank you so much for sharing. :)

I read somewhere here that there will be an announcement to be made today. So, what is it? Its almost 6pm there in KL.

And what aircraft will be used for the 2nd daily KUL-LHR flight???

Thanks. So they decided to bring the A380 to syd again? I remember not long ago they decided not to...

Based on the press release, they will be deploying their first dugongs to LHR, the third one to SYD effective 25 Nov 2012, the fourth one to NRT, the fifth one to PEK and the last one is yet to be decided.

MAS seems to be suffering from an identity crisis on its logo

Perhaps we can have a review ? :)

This the old logo we've known for decades, still adorning vast majority of MH's hardware

mhold.jpg

malaysia-airlines.gif

This was supposedly the replacement. Some thought it's a winner, a mere logo change propelling the sickly dinosaur to giddying heights

But it seems even insiders did not think much of it, when they ........

mhblue.jpg

..... decided to paste this on their flagship dugong instead

malaysia-airlines-1.gif

Now recently, and swayed in part (at least) to public opinion, this is now making its round

Whether it will last, and for what period of time ........ :D

But I thought this screen grab from MH's site sort of bring old and new together

mhmobile.jpg

:)

Edited by BC Tam

when Virgin Australia changed their logo. They were so confident that they won't take a step back nor have you seen any sort of variation after they have announced the change. The only old logo you will see is their planes in old colour scheme.

Now it seems MAS has a few logos - old, swish, supposedly new and old/new hybrid. Tsk tsk tsk... flip flopping of management somehow reflected on the livery and logo...

The supposedly new logo has now become the special livery exclusively on the A380... never mind the consistency.... So what is the standard livery now?? I guess we are totally lost by now.

Sounds very much like mid-life crisis to me....

Edited by S V Choong

Perhaps we can have a review ? :)

This the old logo we've known for decades, still adorning vast majority of MH's hardware

mhold.jpg

malaysia-airlines.gif

This was supposedly the replacement. Some thought it's a winner, a mere logo change propelling the sickly dinosaur to giddying heights

But it seems even insiders did not think much of it, when they ........

mhblue.jpg

..... decided to paste this on their flagship dugong instead

malaysia-airlines-1.gif

Now recently, and swayed in part (at least) to public opinion, this is now making its round

Whether it will last, and for what period of time ........ :D

But I thought this screen grab from MH's site sort of bring old and new together

mhmobile.jpg

:)

Many thanks... the dugong's wau is the most ugly of the lot. All blue and as if being blown backwards by the wind... I like the latest wau though

Wow 3 lavatories in the upper deck economy section with just 70 seats, thats pretty generous. Interestingly the whole business section only has 2!