MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

ugly and hideous... and the touch of red is NOT nice at all :bad:

I agree and this seems to be the consensus of the vast majority of people commenting on a.net

Due to incessant demand by arm-chair critics to re-introduce the traditional red colour to the new A380-only MH livery, MH and Rolls Royce have collaborated to respond to the popular request by introducing red engine exhaust - the world's first A380 to have such a feature.

It is expected that Thai Airways, the next airline to operate the A380 after MH, will have the engine exhausts of its A380 in bright purple with orchid motifs.

LMAO! Good one.

Due to incessant demand by arm-chair critics to re-introduce the traditional red colour to the new A380-only MH livery, MH and Rolls Royce have collaborated to respond to the popular request by introducing red engine exhaust - the world's first A380 to have such a feature.

It is expected that Thai Airways, the next airline to operate the A380 after MH, will have the engine exhausts of its A380 in bright purple with orchid motifs.

Hahahahaah, love your take on it, Mushrif.

The livery actually looks ok but the 'wow factor' is still not there. Thai's A380 looks great in their livery.

I still think MH should have a retro MAS livery. Would be amazing!

I think most comments about this livery involves the tail logo and its lack of the "wow" factor. I think it will look better if it had a 3-D effect and slightly smaller.

Well, its all done now - the next thing we wait for are trip reports from real, fare paying pax to see if MH's product is up standard to take on the competition.

For me its not the livery is not nice, but A380 is an ugly aircraft even though it is huge! Anyone would like to apply this new livery onto other MAS fleet B777/747/738 using graphic?

The livery actually looks ok but the 'wow factor' is still not there. Thai's A380 looks great in their livery.

I still think MH should have a retro MAS livery. Would be amazing!

Given the horrendous financial performance and management uncertainties within MH, an outstanding livery would have at least provided a superficial balm of relief. Instead, we have here a gloomy (are those really BLACK lines around the blue ones?), monstrous and will soon look so out-of-date livery that epitomizes all the problem within MH. Without pride and I am so sad and sakit hati! "Blueeee..... uueeee..!"

Edited by V Wong

For me its not the livery is not nice, but A380 is an ugly aircraft even though it is huge! Anyone would like to apply this new livery onto other MAS fleet B777/747/738 using graphic?

You know, from the video posted (which looks good btw) i think i know WHY the wau is so up there.

Go to point 1:12. the a330 landing.

even at landing you can see the wau is intact, not covered by the wings.

But then that is just me.

also the biggest thing that is bugging me - why ALL airlines stop painting around the part where the wings and underbelly meets the body?

As someone said here - it makes it look incomplete.

only flat paint can go on that part ke?

Edited by Sharil Abdul Rahman

I just detest the idea of having red engine exhaust :bad: . One has to has the red element on the fuselage to be able to use the colour on the exhaust. It would be great on TG to have a bright purple for the exhaust as the purple scheme already exists on the fuselage. I have no idea why MH is commiting themself to colour crimes. The livery is as much important as the hard and soft products inside the plane. Most significantly, this is the livery that will be the first to fly on MH A380. I reckon they have put significant amount of time and hard labour throughout the rest of the airline as well as in all the collaterals, training of the staff and across all the other brand touchpoints that they must have overlook on their graphic and painting department. Just my two cents.

To be fair, let's just listen to those who'll be flying to London have to say. As most of us would do now; let's just keep our fingers cross. 8)

Edited by NIK AHMAD FARHAN

On the new livery;

'No matter if it is a white cat or a black cat; as long as it can catch mice, it is a good cat.'

Well, its all done now - the next thing we wait for are trip reports from real, fare paying pax to see if MH's product is up standard to take on the competition.

To be fair, let's just listen to those who'll be flying to London have to say. As most of us would do now; let's just keep our fingers cross. 8)

Bingo! At the end of the day i'd rather an A380 painted purple with yellow polka dots and a great interior with great facilities and crew than having the most fantastic livery but with 853 seats laid out in 29 inch pitch and an awful crew.

Sure, the yellow polka dots may not make it pretty, but going to london i might spend 5 minutes looking at it from the outside at the gate, but I'll spend another 14 hours inside it. I know which one is more important to me.

Bingo! At the end of the day i'd rather an A380 painted purple with yellow polka dots and a great interior with great facilities and crew than having the most fantastic livery but with 853 seats laid out in 29 inch pitch and an awful crew.

Sure, the yellow polka dots may not make it pretty, but going to london i might spend 5 minutes looking at it from the outside at the gate, but I'll spend another 14 hours inside it. I know which one is more important to me.

you are totally right.. :)

'No matter if it is a white cat or a black cat; as long as it can catch mice, it is a good cat.'

Unfortunately in the case of our national carrier, it's like with both black and white fur masquerading as a panda, and one can only guess how good those fur balls are at catching mice :D

Ah. Good to know that :clapping:

You're too serious. You need to know when to chill.

On the topic of interiors, I can tell you that business-class is sooo yesterday. It's far from being great - it's a disappointment. Sicma has better business-class seats in its product range, MH probably just picked the cheapest.

I just detest the idea of having red engine exhaust :bad: .

I have forwarded your disapproval to the top management of MH. The management has agreed that you have very valid grounds to be unhappy with the said feature and the management has instructed the Airbus engineering team to remove them ahead of the next flight!

....and yet people here say that MH never listens to its customers...

Edited by Mushrif A

I have forwarded your disapproval to the top management of MH. The management has agreed that you have very valid grounds to be unhappy with the said feature and the management has instructed the Airbus engineering team to remove them ahead of the next flight!

....and yet people here say that MH never listens to its customers...

We have a comedian in the house!

About the business class, perhaps you guys should read Lufthansa's story for their business class seat on their A380.Could be it the same reason for MAS....

any link to get to read the story, please? :db:

On the topic of interiors, I can tell you that business-class is sooo yesterday. It's far from being great - it's a disappointment. Sicma has better business-class seats in its product range, MH probably just picked the cheapest.

That is true - it is kinda yesterday, not the best I've seen on an A380, but you know, my expectations are not that high. I'm just grateful that I can go somewhere. I've tried a lot of seats and planes, sometimes variety is also a good thing :) Maybe others who see MH's A380 J product will say it's not great. I'll be less harsh and call it "interesting" :)