MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

I can't stand it! That wau sits too high on the tail!!!!!

Hideous.

The tail is dull and swooshes on the fuselage are terrible.

Seriously MH have a rethink.

The old country song " Blue" kept playing in my head... youtube it, a young Le Ann Rimes has got a good version

Some minor changes and alterations to the livery could have changed it significantly, I was expecting a much lighter Blue tone, it looks too dark for me, although I do like the silver lines, as others have said a much larger and centred wau on the tail would have been much better and visibly more appealing. I think having the engines painted full blue would also have made it better. Overall it's not bad but its a disappointment.

cant they paint the striped here instead of toulouse? i reckon the cost of the sticker is much more cheaper than fuel.

Coz it went back for other things finishing touches to be completed - like changing premium economy seats to business class. This A380 was specified by the previous MH management and the new management has decided it needs more business class seats...

Coz it went back for other things finishing touches to be completed - like changing premium economy seats to business class. This A380 was specified by the previous MH management and the new management has decided it needs more business class seats...

arent there local expertise able to the job?

I actually love it! Clean, clear, sharp lines against the white body and I think it's really rather contemporary. Reminds me of the classy feel I associate with Emirates or Singapore. Can't wait to board in November!

arent there local expertise able to the job?

There may be warranty issues if done "outside"... Besides Airbus may be giving MH a good price for the configuration changes.

Anyway, I think MH are the ones who is trying to rush the aircraft into service. Many A380 operators do not put the plane into revenue service 1 day after it arrives from Toulouse!

800x600_1340681945_A380_MAS_special_livery_01.jpg

800x600_1340681946_A380_MAS_special_livery_03.jpg

The first A380 for Malaysia Airlines (MAS) was unveiled today bearing its special celebration livery, ahead of entry-into-service next week on the Kuala Lumpur-London route.

The livery was designed by MAS specifically for it its new A380 flagship and was applied post-delivery by Airbus in Toulouse.

Altogether MAS has ordered six A380s with a premium layout seating 494 passengers in three classes.

Loves it!! Classy. Would've been perfect if the wau was slightly lower and had the red/blue combination as before.

Seems like many now making a habit of not applying livery colours on the wing/fuselage fairings

Any reason why ?

Makes the thing look unfinished

Due to incessant demand by arm-chair critics to re-introduce the traditional red colour to the new A380-only MH livery, MH and Rolls Royce have collaborated to respond to the popular request by introducing red engine exhaust - the world's first A380 to have such a feature.

It is expected that Thai Airways, the next airline to operate the A380 after MH, will have the engine exhausts of its A380 in bright purple with orchid motifs.

That wau on the tail is driving me crazy!! It's too high and why does the tail of the wau have to touch the back of the tail? It looks odd. I can live with the livery on the fuselage but the tail...aaaaaaagh! :bad:

The new livery looks kinda like two roads or two highways merging into one or one road leads out to become two separate highways with one heading upward and the other one downwards... Kinda symbolizes the relationship of the unsuccessful "cooperation" relationship of the previous management in an indirect manner.... Or the direction of the two airlines are heading....

Edited by S V Choong

The new livery looks kinda like two roads or two highways merging into one or one road leads out to become two separate highways with one heading upward and the other one downwards... Kinda symbolizes the relationship of the unsuccessful "cooperation" relationship of the previous management in an indirect manner.... Or the direction of the two airlines are heading....

My sentiments excatly...maybe PLUS hav a say in the design of the livery :)