MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

i think mh going to bring A380 to amsterdam for sure

But there are way too many premium seats on the 388...

I think MH are just too late with the A380 on Oz routes. SQ, EK & QF have had too much of a headstart.

If they can get their pricing right then I would have thought LHR & AMS would be their best bet for making money serving Europe.

Will MH be the first airline to bring the A380 to AMS (if they do)?

I think MH are just too late with the A380 on Oz routes. SQ, EK & QF have had too much of a headstart.

If they can get their pricing right then I would have thought LHR & AMS would be their best bet for making money serving Europe.

Too late and still not ready the way I see it.

Should not be a show stopper - just remember what a headstart MH had over EK on routes going down under (albeit non A380 for much of that time)

Nah, just need some very strong leadership, plenty of hard work and a very strong dose of reality - they will do fine thereafter

(yeah, like I have the answer to MH's woes all ready packaged in one sentence - get real :lol: )

BC -- very true, MH was only second to SQ on the kangaroo route for a long time. EK, QR etc etc have all surpassed us.

I wish AJ all the best for his turnaround plan. It will be a difficult and long road for MH to get back on track, but I am sure with the extra pax feed from OW and some creative marketing MH will be able to start filling planes once again. This will just achieve one part of the 'transformation' ... the other part which will involve cost cutting, job shedding and increased productivity, will be even more difficult.

Edited by Izanee

Yes, AJ seems to be giving up even before trying! MH should test the waters with the A380 on the SYD route first before declaring the aircraft is too big. In any case, it can always downgrade the second flight to an A333 to balance up capacity, should demand be insufficient.

Don't think in business, trying and flip flopping later a good business decision. With flip flopping comes PR nightmares. That's what I think lingers in the thinking of those at the management level :pardon: not to do a "policy" that backfires later. :help:

Don't think in business, trying and flip flopping later a good business decision. With flip flopping comes PR nightmares. That's what I think lingers in the thinking of those at the management level :pardon: not to do a "policy" that backfires later. :help:

Flip flopping... i believe that's what MAS best at... and certainly no stranger to them based on what happened in the last few years ;) Like what Tony said about Scoot being a confused puppy. Serious, i think MAS is the confused puppy, not Scoot.

It's only a flip flop when you don't have people who are capable of climbing above issue and coming out smelling of roses :pardon:

MH excels in many areas, the worthy winner of the most confused airline management is one.

Edited by V Wong

whilst its good for a airline to have A380s - but for MAS with its historical years of losses and even its last year's financial loss of over rm billion - MH should not have ordered the A380s and besides its a struggle to fill the seats now with the A380s. "Gaya" is one thing but reality and losses are the real thing.

..... but for MAS with its historical years of losses and even its last year's financial loss of over rm billion - MH should not have ordered the A380s .....

Those dugongs were not ordered last year, I suspect nor were they envisaging billion ringgit losses when they did place the order with manufacturer A those few years ago :)

I don't understand why this is such a difficult issue. People like to fly the A380. MH is joining OneWorld by the end of the year. Lots of Australians who are QF frequent fliers are looking for a viable alternative to both QF and BA for travelling between Australia and the UK. MH will definitely not have a problem filling up the A380 to/from SYD. Seriously, it is not rocket science. OneWorld customers fly QF or BA because they have no choice. If MH offers a good product and reasonable prices, there will be a huge wave of defection to MH from both QF and BA passengrers.

If I remember correctly, it was PMB who ordered them in 2003.

I don't understand why this is such a difficult issue. People like to fly the A380. MH is joining OneWorld by the end of the year. Lots of Australians who are QF frequent fliers are looking for a viable alternative to both QF and BA for travelling between Australia and the UK. MH will definitely not have a problem filling up the A380 to/from SYD. Seriously, it is not rocket science. OneWorld customers fly QF or BA because they have no choice. If MH offers a good product and reasonable prices, there will be a huge wave of defection to MH from both QF and BA passengrers.

Agree 101% - unfortunately, this is where AJ is showing his lack of airline experience... :(

If I remember correctly, it was PMB who ordered them in 2003.

Agree 101% - unfortunately, this is where AJ is showing his lack of airline experience... :(

Yes. Unfortunately. You want to provide good incentive for people to try you out. The regular QF and BA fliers are ripe for the picking: better airline, brand new planes...a recipe for success on the kangaroo route! :good:

Edited by Josh T

Since Mas has decided on their livery, why MSN 081 still completely "naked"? :nea:

Possibly still not decided which direction the logo should point towards and which way it's slanted, if at all :p

I hope I'll have a chance to spot the new MH A380 when I arrive into KUL on Friday morning.

7438581368_eb9225606c_z.jpg

thai a380 with full livery. Since Mas has decided on their livery, why MSN 081 still completely "naked"? :nea:

She is a beauty. Most impressive A380 livery by far. :clapping:

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli